Windows 10: Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10

Discus and support Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did a clean reinstall for win 8 on my laptop, i want to upgrade it to win 10 , will i have to reinstall the drivers as well? Also, is the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WifeStealer99, Jun 30, 2020 at 5:52 AM.

1. Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10

I did a clean reinstall for win 8 on my laptop, i want to upgrade it to win 10 , will i have to reinstall the drivers as well? Also, is the upgrade still free?

submitted by /u/WifeStealer99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WifeStealer99, Jun 30, 2020 at 5:52 AM
  2. Keith_O Win User

Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

4. Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10

Upgrade from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi Roy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this laptop compatible with Windows 10?
    • Are there drivers for Windows 10 for this laptop on HP website?

I would suggest you to temporarily disable/un-install any HP's software if you have installed.

Also, I would suggest you to start the upgrade by un-installing the updated drivers and installing basic windows drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Network/Device adapters, Select the adapter, right click and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Now start the upgrade from an ISO and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jun 30, 2020 at 5:57 AM
Thema:

Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10

1. Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrading laptop

2. Laptop Preinstalled 8.1 upgraded to win10, need to reinstall os.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Preinstalled 8.1 upgraded to win10, need to reinstall os.: Hello. I am trying to recycle a laptop to my nephew and wanted a clean/fresh install. It was originally a win8.1 then upgraded to win10. Ive tried unsucessfully to reinstall windows 10 using a flash drive created with the win10 tool. But I keep getting an error about corrupt...
  3. Unable to install Synaptics on my HP laptop after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to install Synaptics on my HP laptop after upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Pro: I have a Hp laptop Serial- CND8336KHJ with Windows version 2004 andOS Build 19041.264. It came with pre-loaded Windows 10 Home which somehow got corrupted due to my own oversight and I was forced to re-install Windows when I upgraded it. The Synaptics Pointing driver which...
  4. I CAN'T UPGRADE MY LAPTOP TO WINDOWS 10

I CAN'T UPGRADE MY LAPTOP TO WINDOWS 10: Hi i was upgrading my laptop to windows 10 from windows 7. Then i had two options upgrade and custominstall windows only So i wanted to upgrade when suddenly i had this message. Compatibility Report The upgrade option isn't available if you start your computer...
  5. After upgrading to 2004, my laptop still auto rotates while I have rotation lock on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After upgrading to 2004, my laptop still auto rotates while I have rotation lock on?: Rotation Lock in my action center and my settings is turned on. Auto Rotate should not be happening, but it still happens. The second image is what should be happening. It should stay as it is normally, but it still rotates for some reason. submitted by /u/TheRogueTemplar...
  6. I'm at war with my laptop over installing a system-breaking feature upgrade.

I'm at war with my laptop over installing a system-breaking feature upgrade.: So, yesterday at 5pm, in the middle of work, my laptop began its First Wave of an assault to liberate my Windows version to 1909. It did an unprompted restart (losing all the work I was doing) to install feature upgrade 1909. Despite having my active hours set from 8am-6pm. I...
  7. Getting error during Build Upgrade on my Laptops from Windows7 to Windows 10 and Windows10...

Getting error during Build Upgrade on my Laptops from Windows7 to Windows 10 and Windows10...: Hello Team, I am getting the below error during the build update of Windows Machines. below are the error message I am getting when the process reaches 30% on windows 7 to upgrade to windows 10 we get below error. & While upgrading For the Windows 10 build...
  8. Please need some special advice for Upgrade Windows 10 Pro version on my laptop.

Please need some special advice for Upgrade Windows 10 Pro version on my laptop.: Hi, Two days ago i installed Windows 10 on my MacBook Air2. I got this apps on Google Serch and boot my computer and installed. But today evening I access my Microsoft Store for Upgrade Windows 10 Pro version and already accept payment with PayPal. Sorry for that.. later I...
  9. Lost my Windows after upgrade my laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost my Windows after upgrade my laptop: Recently, i upgrade my laptop by using ssd instead of hdd. i also upgrade my ram. but before i do all of that, i forgot to log in my microsoft account, hence i lost my built-in windows. How can i get back my windows? Is there alternative? currently, i'm using trial version of...
  10. What should I know before deciding whether to upgrade from Windows 7 on an HP laptop to...

What should I know before deciding whether to upgrade from Windows 7 on an HP laptop to...: I want to make sure my HP laptop, currently running Windows 7, is capable of a Windows 10 upgrade. What should I check (e.g. available space, RAM, etc.) prior to upgrading? Thanks! submitted by /u/meganwins15 [link] [comments]...