Windows 10: Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10

Discus and support Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did a clean reinstall for win 8 on my laptop, i want to upgrade it to win 10 , will i have to reinstall the drivers as well? Also, is the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WifeStealer99, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10

I did a clean reinstall for win 8 on my laptop, i want to upgrade it to win 10 , will i have to reinstall the drivers as well? Also, is the upgrade still free?

submitted by /u/WifeStealer99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WifeStealer99, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Keith_O Win User

Upgrading from WIN 8 to Win 10

hello,

I have a desktop running Win 8

Can anyone provide a step by step upgrade path/instructions to delete Win 8 and load/run Win 10..

thanks

Keith_O, Jun 30, 2020
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10

Upgrade from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi Roy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this laptop compatible with Windows 10?
    • Are there drivers for Windows 10 for this laptop on HP website?

I would suggest you to temporarily disable/un-install any HP's software if you have installed.

Also, I would suggest you to start the upgrade by un-installing the updated drivers and installing basic windows drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Network/Device adapters, Select the adapter, right click and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Now start the upgrade from an ISO and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10

1. Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrading laptop

2. Startup error after upgrading laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup error after upgrading laptop: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  3. Startup error after upgrading laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup error after upgrading laptop: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  4. i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...: I upgraded the laptop from i5 to i7 and now the Bluetooth is not working, please suggest the way out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-upgraded-my-laptop-from-i5-toi7-but-now-the/5a3988c2-ee0e-4393-8c6a-b46e6eea1cb6
  5. i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...

i have upgraded my laptop from i5 toi7, but now the bluetooth is not connecting showing...: I upgraded the laptop from i5 to i7 and now the Bluetooth is not working, please suggest the way out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-upgraded-my-laptop-from-i5-toi7-but-now-the/5a3988c2-ee0e-4393-8c6a-b46e6eea1cb6
  6. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade: I have an Acer ES1-512-C88M Laptop that I am trying to upgrade it's RAM. The first time I put the new RAM in there, it worked for a 2 or 3 restarts, but after leaving it on sleep mode for about 2 hours, the next time I turned the computer on, the light just turned on and that...
  7. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade: I have an Acer ES1-512-C88M Laptop that I am trying to upgrade it's RAM. The first time I put the new RAM in there, it worked for a 2 or 3 restarts, but after leaving it on sleep mode for about 2 hours, the next time I turned the computer on, the light just turned on and that...
  8. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...
  10. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...