Windows 10: upgrading memory

Discus and support upgrading memory in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good Day All Just curious if it is possible to upgrade the memory on my laptop on this Satellite S55-C5360 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz (not user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dmesal, Nov 19, 2017.

1. dmesal Win User

upgrading memory

Good Day All

Just curious if it is possible to upgrade the memory on my laptop on this

Satellite S55-C5360 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz (not user upgradeable)

the part i want to upgrade is the qty 8 to 16 plus the MHz it say's 1600MHz but can this part be raised ?

and would DDR 4 work as well?

all help and info is greatly appreciated

DME

:)

dmesal, Nov 19, 2017
  2. Upgrading Win User

My Nokia C3 is not supporting softwares

I have tried so many ways to download softwares, but to my efforts are all fruitless. When i go to other sites to download and install softwares, the place to download the software will not even be active and when i download from ovi store it is not supported.
    What should i do to end this problem?

Upgrading, Nov 19, 2017
  3. Connecting to wifi

My laptop did an automatic update today and now I can't connect to my wifi. I just got this laptop a few days ago, and am still learning it, so I have no idea where to look or how to fix it.

Undying Memory, Nov 19, 2017
  4. upgrading memory

Your computer support following RAM specs.

• Memory Speed
      1600 MHz
    • Technology
      DDR3L SDRAM
    • Installed Size
      8 GB

FreeBooter, Nov 19, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Nov 19, 2017
  6. dmesal Win User
    Good Day Hippsiegypie

so what I'm reading from crucial is this

upgrading memory [​IMG]

i can upgrade the MHz to 1866 vice 1600 and 16 gig vice 8

sounds good

The SSD might have to wait and i have to figure out how to open the laptop it's self. (Not Hard a few guitar picks)
    and LOTS of patients.

Many Thanks

dmesal, Nov 19, 2017
  7. bobkn Win User
    Higher frequency RAM may be compatible, but it'll probably still run at 1600 MHz. The user guide doesn't indicate that it's possible to change the RAM frequency settings.

A YouTube video seems to indicate that the RAM can be swapped out without disassembling the laptop. That'd be nice. (As well as safer.)

Putting in an SSD could be the best upgrade that you could do. The ribbon cable connectors (or whatever they are called) are fragile, so proceed with caution.

bobkn, Nov 19, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

upgrading memory

You're welcome, @dmesal. Please be advised that Crucial is not the only memory stick manufacturer. You may want to shop around with others as well.

Although memory will increase speed, you may be better off upgrading to an SSD first for faster speed. Members with more knowledge than I with hardware may know better, so please don't jump to conclusions on my info. I suggest to wait and see if others answer to your questions.

Tony K, Nov 19, 2017
  9. dmesal Win User
    Good Day Hippsiegypie and Many Thanks for the quick reply

i will look around for other suppliers and such it's going to be a while shipping out on tue so probably about 4 MO

by then the SSD could be done at the same time.

just needed some numbers and the crucial numbers (spec not Price) was reassuring

DME

low and slow like a C-130

DME

dmesal, Nov 19, 2017
  10. You cannot install 16GB RAM don't trust Crucial about how much RAM you can install.

Detailed Specifications for Satellite S55-C5360

FreeBooter, Nov 20, 2017
  11. Tony K Win User
    Great info, FreeBooter. This is exactly why I told dmesal not to jump to conclusions on my info.

Did you get that, @dmesal?

Tony K, Nov 20, 2017
  12. Thank you very much @HippsieGypsie!

FreeBooter, Nov 20, 2017
  13. dmesal Win User

upgrading memory

I got it

Many Thanks i do have the spec sheet it will be a while yet.

dmesal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

upgrading memory

1. upgrading memory - Similar Threads - upgrading memory

2. I upgraded my Ram frrom 8 to 16 GB yet Intel Iris Xe dedicated video memory is still 128...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I upgraded my Ram frrom 8 to 16 GB yet Intel Iris Xe dedicated video memory is still 128...: Details: I have a Dell Inspiron 5502, came with 8GB DDR4, upgraded it to 16GB using the second slot. I read somewhere that increasing RAM would increase the size of the dedicated video memory and increase power/performance of Xe Graphics. As seen from the photo below the size...
  3. I upgraded my Ram frrom 8 to 16 GB yet Intel Iris Xe dedicated video memory is still 128...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I upgraded my Ram frrom 8 to 16 GB yet Intel Iris Xe dedicated video memory is still 128...: Details: I have a Dell Inspiron 5502, came with 8GB DDR4, upgraded it to 16GB using the second slot. I read somewhere that increasing RAM would increase the size of the dedicated video memory and increase power/performance of Xe Graphics. As seen from the photo below the size...
  4. Replace HD with SSD and upgrade memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace HD with SSD and upgrade memory: I am planning to upgrade my HP Envy x360 laptop by installing an SSD and 16 GB RAM. I already made a WindowsImage Backup and installed it in portable drive to recover the Windows 10 OS, programs and files from the hard drive to be replaced. What are the steps I need to follow...
  5. Replace HD with SSD and upgrade memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace HD with SSD and upgrade memory: I am planning to upgrade my HP Envy x360 laptop by installing an SSD and 16 GB RAM. I already made a WindowsImage Backup and installed it in portable drive to recover the Windows 10 OS, programs and files from the hard drive to be replaced. What are the steps I need to follow...
  6. Replace HD with SSD and upgrade memory

7. I keep getting Memory management errors after completely upgrading my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep getting Memory management errors after completely upgrading my pc: Hi, I recently upgraded my pc. Everything aside from the case has been upgraded. I noticed that when the computer tends to get under a heavy load I get a Memory Management blue screen. I ran a memory check to make sure its not the ram and it comes back clean. I believe I have...
  8. I keep getting Memory management errors after completely upgrading my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting Memory management errors after completely upgrading my pc: Hi, I recently upgraded my pc. Everything aside from the case has been upgraded. I noticed that when the computer tends to get under a heavy load I get a Memory Management blue screen. I ran a memory check to make sure its not the ram and it comes back clean. I believe I have...
  9. I keep getting Memory management errors after completely upgrading my pc

10. Google Chrome for Windows upgrades memory-saving with tab discard control

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome for Windows upgrades memory-saving with tab discard control: Microsoft and Google are racing to add new performance-centric features to their browsers. While Microsoft Edge has sleeping tabs, added several months ago, Google Chrome recently gained support for a similar feature called “memory saver” to free memory storage on desktop...