Windows 10: Upgrading Microsoft Windows 10 To One That I Can Get Technical Support

Discus and support Upgrading Microsoft Windows 10 To One That I Can Get Technical Support in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Professional 10.0.17134.1345 Edition Windows 10 Professional OS Build 10.0.17134.1345 Serial number 2UA0400JKT Graphic card ATI Radeon HD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertAndrews9, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Upgrading Microsoft Windows 10 To One That I Can Get Technical Support

Windows 10 Professional 10.0.17134.1345

Edition Windows 10 Professional OS Build 10.0.17134.1345 Serial number 2UA0400JKT Graphic card ATI Radeon HD 4200 Installed RAM 7 GB Version 1803 System type OSType64BitX64 Processor AMD Athlontm II X2 B24 Processor This is version of Windows I have. Getting notice to upgrade to version that is supported by Microsoft. Need Microsoft to send me the instructions that are easy to understand to me at email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Support for version of Windows I have ended December 2019. Product is Windows 10 for Microsoft The issue I have described. Unable to upgrade Windows 10 to version supported. Need complete instructions to upgrade and download the version that I can get technical support. Won't to able to get any updates. They didn't understand what I wanted & my version is no longer supported. I tired of the notices appearing on this computer screen and android anything is not the issue. This desktop PC isn'tandroid!

What does it mean if Windows isn't supported?

Applies to: Windows XP , Windows 10, Windows Vista Windows 7

An unsupported version of Windows will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update. These updates include security updates that can help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software which can steal your personal information. Windows Update also installs the latest software updates to improve the reliability of Windows—such as new drivers for your hardware.

When does support end for my version of Windows?

Check the end-of-support dates for your version of Windows.

If your version of Windows is still supported, you should always be sure to install the latest updates or service packs for Windows. You can download and install these through Windows Update.

I still be able to use Windows after support ends?

Yes. If you continue to use an unsupported version of Windows, your PC will still work, but it will become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Your PC will continue to start and run, but you will no longer receive software updates, including security updates, from Microsoft.

For full details about the support policy, see the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy FAQ.

This is the issue!

Complete instructions that are easy understand follow I am requesting to be sent to: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I know browser needs to cleared and that the installation will take a while. I told them I don't want my files, documents and bookmarks to be affected. Also don't have an external drive and cannot afford one.

:)

RobertAndrews9, Oct 3, 2020

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Upgrading Microsoft Windows 10 To One That I Can Get Technical Support [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 3, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Upgrading Microsoft Windows 10 To One That I Can Get Technical Support

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading Microsoft Windows 10 To One That I Can Get Technical Support

1. Upgrading Microsoft Windows 10 To One That I Can Get Technical Support - Similar Threads - Upgrading Microsoft Technical

2. technical support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    technical support: hey i keep getting kernal 41 erros and my pc keeps randomly restarting for the last month ive done clean windows installs and taken my pc to a qualified pc repairer and he said there were no issues with my hardware. below are my specs and event viewer logSPECS: I9 10900KF64GB...
  3. Technical Support

Technical Support: Hi I need help with Windows 2019 activation on my machine, I have the product key but still unable to activate the license on machine.Need assistance on this request.RegardsSandeep...
  4. Microsoft technical support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft technical support: So I have been given the complete runaround from Microsoft. I have 20 open cases for support on Remote Desktop with no resolution. I have a number of promises by phone, email and chat to elevate to 2nd level support. I have wasted hours waiting for these phone calls. How can...
  5. Microsoft technical support

Microsoft technical support: So I have been given the complete runaround from Microsoft. I have 20 open cases for support on Remote Desktop with no resolution. I have a number of promises by phone, email and chat to elevate to 2nd level support. I have wasted hours waiting for these phone calls. How can...
  6. Technical Support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Technical Support: How can anyone contact and speak to someone on the phone for technical help? As of now this is the worst customer service I've ever seen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/technical-support/7e175f24-fae4-495b-b4c4-6a9fa91a5953
  7. Communication with MIcrosoft Technical support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Communication with MIcrosoft Technical support: I am awaiting a call from Tier Two technical support on a printer connectivity issue and have a case # but have not received promised call. This is the second missed call and the first one was identified as not being recorded in the tier one technical support case report or...
  8. Microsoft Technical Support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Technical Support: G'day, I have had this problem with a Black Screen. I have tried so many ways to fix it. When I had a problem before. I was able to get a Technician to get logged into my computer. He fixed the problem for me. I had to pay for his service. Am I still able to still get...
  9. Technical Support for Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Technical Support for Windows: Mr. Satya I have been waiting on the tech support line for nearly 1 hour at 8:30Pm to 9:37pm. CST. I am a paid support request for computer to fix my windows 10 which is pulling a lot of virus and driving me crazy. they know my ticket number and new I was a paid customer....
  10. How do I get Microsoft Remote Technical Support?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get Microsoft Remote Technical Support?: The last three Windows 10 updates left my desktop without sound output from speakers or headphones. Each time I ended up contacting Microsoft Windows Technical Support who took remote control of my computer and sorted the problem out via a series of entries in Control Panel....