Windows 10: Upgrading Minecraft Java edition to windows 10 following purchase of windows 10 licence

Discus and support Upgrading Minecraft Java edition to windows 10 following purchase of windows 10 licence in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased Minecraft java edition 3 months ago for my son to use on my old laptop that had windows 7. I realized last week I needed to upgrade it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CarmyBrown, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Upgrading Minecraft Java edition to windows 10 following purchase of windows 10 licence

I purchased Minecraft java edition 3 months ago for my son to use on my old laptop that had windows 7. I realized last week I needed to upgrade it to windows 10 and purchased it this weekend.

I understood I could upgrade minecraft to windows 10 for free, but have been told this offer expired in April. Is there any chance this offer will be repeated? I cant be the only person who missed the boat. I really don't want to have to pay out another £25

Many thanks!

:)

CarmyBrown, Jun 16, 2020

2. Cannot get Minecraft Java Edition for free after purchasing Minecraft Windows 10 edition

I accidentally purchased Minecraft Windows 10 edition without knowing that i cannot get Minecraft Java edition for free by purchasing windows 10 edition .Mojang is providing free windows 10 edition for those who purchased Minecraft Java Edition.Why doesn't
    it work other way around when the price is same for both products.Pleease help me.

srisatya9618, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Upgrading Minecraft Java edition to windows 10 following purchase of windows 10 licence

Windows 10 edition Minecraft to JAVA

Hi Jaden

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Is Minecraft for Windows 10 included with the purchase of Minecraft: Java Edition? Players who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. Log into account.mojang.com,
    and under the “My Games” heading you will find a button to claim your gift code. If you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition after October 19th, 2018, the button will not be there, so if you’re unsure of when you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition, that’s a good
    way to check. Pressing the button will generate a token and send you to a Microsoft redemption page.

Mojang Studios Account

If that does not work....

This issue requires contacting support, let them put you through a tier 2 support so they can investigate your Microsoft Account, because that is likely where the issue lies why you can't redeem it.

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/...

Andre for Directly, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading Minecraft Java edition to windows 10 following purchase of windows 10 licence

1. Upgrading Minecraft Java edition to windows 10 following purchase of windows 10 licence - Similar Threads - Upgrading Minecraft Java

2. minecraft java and windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft java and windows 10 edition: so I saw that you can get windows 10 for free if you have java and since I already own java I went on the launcher to install it and it keeps saying error. I updated everything and even watched tutorials nothing is helping me. please help me. Something like the below picture....
  3. minecraft java and windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minecraft java and windows 10 edition: so I saw that you can get windows 10 for free if you have java and since I already own java I went on the launcher to install it and it keeps saying error. I updated everything and even watched tutorials nothing is helping me. please help me. Something like the below picture....
  4. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Java: Hello, recently I received a gift code for minecraft windows 10 edition. I activated it, works good, but it gave me acces to the minecraft launcher and I saw the message that it should give you minecraft java edition too. "Because you own Minecraft for Windows, you'll get...
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Java

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition - Java: Hello, recently I received a gift code for minecraft windows 10 edition. I activated it, works good, but it gave me acces to the minecraft launcher and I saw the message that it should give you minecraft java edition too. "Because you own Minecraft for Windows, you'll get...
  6. Minecraft windows 10 edition claim with java

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft windows 10 edition claim with java: I was looking through some stuff one day when i found out with my minecraft java edition account i could get Minecraft windows 10 edition so i go through the internet trying to find out how because whatever i tried didnt work then i come up on this microsoft post that said...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 and Minecraft Java Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 and Minecraft Java Edition: I own Minecraft Windows 10, if I buy Minecraft Java Edition, what will happen to my worlds created with Minecraft Windows 10? Will they be erased? Thanks....
  8. Minecraft Java and Windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Java and Windows 10 edition: For a long time i've wanted to play minecraft with my friends,but they own Minecraft Java edition,and i own Minecraft Windows 10 edition. And we can't connect to eachother. Will there be a way to make Java and Windows 10 have the same playable servers?...
  9. Windows 10 edition Minecraft to JAVA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 edition Minecraft to JAVA: Hi im getting frustrated now because I got windows 10 edition Minecraft. Is there anyway I can get java for free since I have the windows 10 edition. Please Help me/...
  10. Can i switch my minecraft windows 10 edition for a licence of java edition?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i switch my minecraft windows 10 edition for a licence of java edition?: I wonder if i could switch my minecraft windows 10 edition for a minecraft java edition one so i can use mods and play with my friends with modpacks and custom maps....