Windows 10: upgrading motherboard and cpu

Discus and support upgrading motherboard and cpu in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have a question regarding upgrading my motherboard and cpu. I currently have an off the shelf gaming PC purchased a few years ago. I am looking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KyleAnson, Dec 9, 2020.

1. KyleAnson Win User

upgrading motherboard and cpu

Hi, I have a question regarding upgrading my motherboard and cpu. I currently have an off the shelf gaming PC purchased a few years ago. I am looking to replace my asrock B-360M andi5-9400F with newly purchased Asus Prime Z390-A and I9 9900k. My question is in regard to the windows license associated with the I5 and b360. I am currently running windows 10 home and I am wondering how I go about transferring the license to the new hardware? Is it possible? I have an activated microsoft account and I am hearing conflicting information on how I go about the transfer.

:)

KyleAnson, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Haegely Win User

Upgrading Motherboard and CPU

I bought a default Lenovo K450 a few years back that came with Windows 8 preinstalled. Well over the past few months I've upgraded the PSU, GPU, and moved too an SSD without much of a hassle since I was using the same motherboard and CPU. Well, I'm moving
    too a whole new upgrade and changing the case, motherboard, CPU, and adding a network card. My question is, once I've changed out all of the parts, will I need to reinstall Windows 8, or can I just install Windows 10 again like normal and follow the steps
    with customer support to establish the legitimacy of my previous Windows OS? I have the OEM and Product Key.

Haegely, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 9, 2020
  4. upgrading motherboard and cpu

Upgrading my Motherboard and CPU

Hello Russ,

We realize your concern in this concern.

Are you talking about replacing Motherboard and CPU?

You can go here
    to learn on overview of requirements, editions, and languages available for Windows 10. Coming to upgrading Motherboard and CPU, since the query is related to device hardware, better I suggest you to get in touch with device Manufacturer. Hope
    they will guide you with the required information.

I appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Thank you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

upgrading motherboard and cpu

1. upgrading motherboard and cpu - Similar Threads - upgrading motherboard cpu

2. BSOD after motherboard and CPU upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after motherboard and CPU upgrade: Hello everyone,I had few issues with my old pc my supply broke the motherboard and cpu, also the power supply got fixed. But i had to change mbd and cpuOld system:i7 6700kNoctua NHD14asus z170a16g ram 2400mhzssd samsung evo 840Segotep 900gNew system:Ryzen 5600Noctua...
  3. upgrading both my motherboard and CPU,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrading both my motherboard and CPU,: I going to be upgrading my motherboard and cpu in the next week or so. with that being said I purchased this pc through a rental company and was not provided with a windows disk or product key. will I still be able to boot into windows with it being saved to my SSD/hard...
  4. Upgrading motherboard and CPU and maybe windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading motherboard and CPU and maybe windows: I have windows 10 and my computer can't run windows 11. I would like to upgrade my motherboard and CPU, and maybe my boot drive. If I update the mobo and CPU and plug in my current boot drive, will it work with my current W10 installation? Can I then install a new drive, copy...
  5. Upgrading motherboard and CPU and maybe windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading motherboard and CPU and maybe windows: I have windows 10 and my computer can't run windows 11. I would like to upgrade my motherboard and CPU, and maybe my boot drive. If I update the mobo and CPU and plug in my current boot drive, will it work with my current W10 installation? Can I then install a new drive, copy...
  6. BSOD after CPU and motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after CPU and motherboard upgrade: I just finished upgrading my pc from a b450-f gaming and ryzen 5 2600 to a b550-f gaming and ryzen 5 5600x. Whenever I try to boot, though, I keep getting “system thread exception not handled.” Any help would be really appreciated!...
  7. I've upgraded my Motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I've upgraded my Motherboard and CPU: Windows is currently telling me windows is not activating as it cant find my activation key within my PC, Storage is all the same like i said i've only upgraded my CPU and Motherboard and now I'm still running Windows 10 Pro but have this annoying activation thing...My...
  8. Upgrading my CPU and Motherboard

Upgrading my CPU and Motherboard: Hello, I am upgrading my CPU and motherboard. I use my computer for content creation and have a DAW digital audio workstation and Adobe creative cloud. Will I have to reinstall these programs and my plugins after the upgrade? This is my first upgrade that I am carrying out...
  9. Hardware upgrade motherboard + cpu + memory

Hardware upgrade motherboard + cpu + memory: Can I upgrade my motherboard and CPU running my existing Windows 10 PRO OS and boot from existing connected SSD or do I need to purchase new Windows OS?...
  10. Cpu and motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cpu and motherboard upgrade: Hi im going to upgrade my system can i format the ssd in my pc without doing a fresh install just deleting the data and put my new cpu and motherboard ? submitted by /u/f9mh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k68v9e/cpu_and_motherboard_upgrade/