Windows 10: Upgrading my computer parts, will windows still work?

Discus and support Upgrading my computer parts, will windows still work? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to upgrade my Cpu, Motherboard and ram. im worried that if i do that that windows wont recognize the hardware and wont work. if i do will i be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by spockllap, Sep 27, 2019.

1. spockllap Win User

Upgrading my computer parts, will windows still work?

I want to upgrade my Cpu, Motherboard and ram. im worried that if i do that that windows wont recognize the hardware and wont work. if i do will i be able to just log in? i only got windows 10pro via the free upgrade. i really dont want to spend the money for windows 10 if i technically already have it

:)

spockllap, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgrading my computer parts, will windows still work? - Similar Threads - Upgrading computer parts

2. a part of my screen isnt working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a part of my screen isnt working: a small part of my screen isnt working when i try to open a file or click there it doent work i dont know what to do about it so here i am https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-part-of-my-screen-isnt-working/ec27bbf7-faf2-4665-8b17-2096e688f6fc
  3. is this still on my computer ?

is this still on my computer ?: Detected:PWS:HTML/Phish.RA!MTBStatus:Quarantine failedile: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy5\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\ServiceLogin[1].htm->Form...
  4. is this still on my computer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this still on my computer ?: Detected:PWS:HTML/Phish.RA!MTBStatus:Quarantine failedile: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy5\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\ServiceLogin[1].htm->Form...
  5. Updated computer parts ready for Windows 11 and still it says not meeting requirements!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated computer parts ready for Windows 11 and still it says not meeting requirements!: So after finding out that my current setup an I7 7700k was not going to get Windows 11, I decided to upgrade my parts. to an I9 12900KF, and PC Health Check said everything was ready and supported.Now after a while Windows setup has decided to do a check for Windows 11, and...
  6. Updated computer parts ready for Windows 11 and still it says not meeting requirements!

Updated computer parts ready for Windows 11 and still it says not meeting requirements!: So after finding out that my current setup an I7 7700k was not going to get Windows 11, I decided to upgrade my parts. to an I9 12900KF, and PC Health Check said everything was ready and supported.Now after a while Windows setup has decided to do a check for Windows 11, and...
  7. Windows 10 Crashing but some part is still working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashing but some part is still working: Hi, i'm having an issue on my PC lately... not sure about the problem but the issue is it randomly crash my windows, when crashing i can still use my mouse and still click some of the windows open but some parts of the windows just doesn't, opening new window or apps...
  8. Computer Parts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Parts: I am looking to build myself a custom windows 10, and i have found a CPU that suits me, and it is LGA 1151 v2. I cannot find any LGA 1151 v2 motherboards or CPU coolers, all i can find is LGA 1151 v1. Can somebody please help me?...
  9. Is System 32 part of my computer or part of the OS?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is System 32 part of my computer or part of the OS?: So im new to idea of having a desktop and i tried installing Windows 10 for it since it doesn't have an OS yet, so its worrisome that when i booted my flash drive it loaded an error saying system 32 is missing, so is system 32 part of my computer or is it part of the OS? And...
  10. Will my fn + keys still work after upgrading

in Windows 10 Support
    Will my fn + keys still work after upgrading: I have a OEM with windows 7 home premium ( not professional ) and wondering if after the upgrade will my keys still work ok like being able to press fn and f5 etc to change things there or will this be gone in windows 10? Thanks 17152