Windows 10: Upgrading my computer parts, will windows still work?

Discus and support Upgrading my computer parts, will windows still work? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I want to upgrade my Cpu, Motherboard and ram. im worried that if i do that that windows wont recognize the hardware and wont work. if i do will i be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by spockllap, Sep 27, 2019.

1. spockllap Win User

Upgrading my computer parts, will windows still work?

I want to upgrade my Cpu, Motherboard and ram. im worried that if i do that that windows wont recognize the hardware and wont work. if i do will i be able to just log in? i only got windows 10pro via the free upgrade. i really dont want to spend the money for windows 10 if i technically already have it

:)

spockllap, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgrading my computer parts, will windows still work? - Similar Threads - Upgrading computer parts

2. Upgrading my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading my computer: Hello I am trying to upgrade my computer, but al I keep getting is a message stating that I have not got enough storage space. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-my-computer/003dff61-1fef-40b2-a338-51495d688689
  3. My computer is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is not working: [IMG] My computer is like this, can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-not-working/cd5701b6-b8db-466a-b13c-fe6f2feed03a
  4. New parts, Old Windows won't work

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New parts, Old Windows won't work: Recently I have upgraded some of my parts in my PC. When i started it up, I couldn't change my background and it had the watermark in the bottom right. I still have a custom background but can't change it....
  5. My computer is still giving repair issues

My computer is still giving repair issues: [IMG]This is the message i got after it asked if i wanted to restart. It did the restart thing a few times then this popped up. Im just very frustrated at this point...
  6. My computer no longer works when I upgraded to Windows 10.

My computer no longer works when I upgraded to Windows 10.: My computer no longer works when I upgraded to Windows 10. No start button, no folders on desktop and I get an error message 0x80080005-0x90017. I would like to uninstall Windows 10 and go back to Windows 8.0, but I only have access to Task manager. Can not access start...
  7. Update build 10586 has destroyed parts of my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update build 10586 has destroyed parts of my computer: Hi guys, so as soon as I heard about the new build, I went to install it. After it finished and booted back up, it displayed several notifications about removing apps because they weren't compatible, well thanks for confirming this with me *Huh Then I come to find that...
  8. Part of SSD Corrupted? Still OK to Use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Part of SSD Corrupted? Still OK to Use?: Hi Windows 10 Forum, I don't know if I'm in the right place, but I have a laptop with a M.2 SSD I bought and I have been troubleshooting it for a few weeks to find out a problem. Now, I have narrowed it down to a small 510MB part of my drive that seems to be completely...
  9. still awaiting my win 10 upgrade

still awaiting my win 10 upgrade: Hi guys. It's now 5th september in my zone (Australia), and I still haven't received my win 10 upgrade. Does this seem normal to you guys. I made a reservation in I think early July. 21168
  10. Will my fn + keys still work after upgrading

in Windows 10 Support
    Will my fn + keys still work after upgrading: I have a OEM with windows 7 home premium ( not professional ) and wondering if after the upgrade will my keys still work ok like being able to press fn and f5 etc to change things there or will this be gone in windows 10? Thanks 17152