Windows 10: Upgrading my HP Pavilion 27-r014 all-in-one desktop from HDD to SSD questions

Discus and support Upgrading my HP Pavilion 27-r014 all-in-one desktop from HDD to SSD questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion all-in-one desktop, Model 27 r014 with Intel Core i7-7700T,CPU speed: 2.9 GHz The hard drive has failed and I appreciate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mike 123454, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Upgrading my HP Pavilion 27-r014 all-in-one desktop from HDD to SSD questions

I have a HP Pavilion all-in-one desktop, Model 27 r014 with Intel Core i7-7700T,CPU speed: 2.9 GHz The hard drive has failed and I appreciate the advice I received in this forum on troubleshooting the problems.

I am now replacing the 1TB HDD with a Samsung 2TB SATA SSD. My questions are:

1. The computer came with a 1TB HDD and a 16 GB NVMe M.2 TLC Solid State Drive, which I assume was to speed bootup and other processes. If I am now going to a 2TB SSD, should I leave the16 GB NVMe M.2 TLC Solid State Drive in place or does it now slow down the processes by getting in the way? If it is better not to have it, should it be physically removed or should it be disabled somehow?

2. What is the best and safest way to partition the 2TB SSD? Should I create a 50GB? partition for Windows 10 and put everything else in a D-Drive partition?

3. The HP desktop came pre-loaded with HP software as well as Windows 10. I always thought the HP software slowed everything down. Should I load a clean Windows 10 install, or should I also load the HP management software?

Thank you

:)

mike 123454, Jan 30, 2020
  2. DonTinc Win User

HP Pavilion All-In-One 27-r014 gets bricked trying to apply a recent hardware driver update - Windows Update is installing it

Driver Intel Corporation - SCSIAdapter -12/3/2018 12:00:00 AM - 16.8.0.1000 causes my HP pavilion 27-r014 All-in-one computer to fail to boot up , I get a checking media presence error and have to resort to a system restore under the advanced start
    up menu to recover the computer. I have even completely reformatted the Windows partition and reinstalled the factory image using the HP software.

Same deal after the wipe and reinstall, when it hits this driver update, the update bricks the computer. So I know its not an antivirus or other third party product doing this.

DonTinc, Jan 30, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    SDIMM upgrade for Hp Pavilion 15.6 laptop cs0064st

The Pavilion is spec'd for a maximum of 16 GB (2 X 8GB). I suggest checking here: RAM & SSD Upgrades | HP - Compaq Pavilion 15-cs0064st | Crucial.com. You may be able to find RAM elsewhere (like Newegg.com) more cheaply, though.

32 GB of Optane memory sounds like a cache for a spinning hard drive. Is that what you have? If you upgrade the main drive to an SSD, the optane cache will be of little or no use. (No harm, just pointless.)

bobkn, Jan 30, 2020
  4. TechZ Win User

Upgrading my HP Pavilion 27-r014 all-in-one desktop from HDD to SSD questions

SDIMM upgrade for Hp Pavilion 15.6 laptop cs0064st

Check website then I understand now , Thank for message *Thumbs

- - - Updated - - -

Check website then I understand now , Thank for message

TechZ, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading my HP Pavilion 27-r014 all-in-one desktop from HDD to SSD questions

1. Upgrading my HP Pavilion 27-r014 all-in-one desktop from HDD to SSD questions - Similar Threads - Upgrading Pavilion r014

2. 27" Win11 HP Pavilion All-in-One Extremely low or varying audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    27" Win11 HP Pavilion All-in-One Extremely low or varying audio: Good Day/Evening,I bought an all-in-one Pavilion half a year ago and upgraded it to win11 right off the bat by recommendations. The pc is perfect in every way, but it started to develop some audio issues, getting more severe as time goes on. The issue I'm having is, with the...
  3. 27" Win11 HP Pavilion All-in-One Extremely low or varying audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    27" Win11 HP Pavilion All-in-One Extremely low or varying audio: Good Day/Evening,I bought an all-in-one Pavilion half a year ago and upgraded it to win11 right off the bat by recommendations. The pc is perfect in every way, but it started to develop some audio issues, getting more severe as time goes on. The issue I'm having is, with the...
  4. HP Pavilion All-in-One Desktop - Camera error code 0xA00F244 (no cameras attached)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Pavilion All-in-One Desktop - Camera error code 0xA00F244 (no cameras attached): Hello, My desktop webcam stopped working at the beginning of this year. I have tried to rectify the issue myself by following several YouTube tutorials however this has made my situation worse as I have now accidentally deleted my webcam driver in error. I would really...
  5. Hp All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp All In One Desktop: My desktop screen is stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair and won't do anything else https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-all-in-one-desktop/dcbebc8b-8157-4c1b-b69f-2567e27f26ea
  6. Display on HP All in One 27 Desktop Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display on HP All in One 27 Desktop Computer: My computer screen is off centre , to the right, making my Right Scroll Bar very narrow, and sometimes not showing at all. Can someone advise how to fix this please?...
  7. gamescom: HP OMEN X 27 display and Pavilion Gaming desktop and desktop

in Windows 10 News
    gamescom: HP OMEN X 27 display and Pavilion Gaming desktop and desktop: At gamescom 2019, HP showed off new displays, desktops and laptops, as well as powerful gaming software and services. [ATTACH] OMEN X 27 Esports players will be able to level up with the OMEN X 27, a Quad HD (2560 x 1440) resolution display that showcases high dynamic...
  8. HP Pavilion All-In-One 27-r014 gets bricked trying to apply a recent hardware driver update...

HP Pavilion All-In-One 27-r014 gets bricked trying to apply a recent hardware driver update...: Driver Intel Corporation - SCSIAdapter -12/3/2018 12:00:00 AM - 16.8.0.1000 causes my HP pavilion 27-r014 All-in-one computer to fail to boot up , I get a checking media presence error and have to resort to a system restore under the advanced start up menu to recover the...
  9. upgrade from HDD to SSd

upgrade from HDD to SSd: HI, I have a Lenovo desktop with an AMD E1 processor and a conventional 500gb hard drive. I'm thinking about upgrading this hard drive to an SSD in order to improve performance. How much more responsive would the computer be?? Is it worth it to make this switch?? Thanks...
  10. Upgrade to SSD from HDD

Upgrade to SSD from HDD: I have old Sony Vaio AIO desktop that I want to replace the HDD with 256GB SSD. Current OS is latest version of Windows 10. Computer has Legacy bios and uses Std Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller. I plan to do a clean install of windows 10 . I understand that I need to change...