Windows 10: Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare?

Discus and support Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering what are the steps I need to do to transfer my windows 10 and pc data to my new motherboard? Researched online but most of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mvadam, Oct 27, 2021.

1. mvadam Win User

Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare?

Hello, I was wondering what are the steps I need to do to transfer my windows 10 and pc data to my new motherboard? Researched online but most of videos and articles skip important questions like:1 How do I back up all my pc data? 2 Do I have to reinstall the drivers for my PC? If so, how?3 I had to skip some data during the copying process to the external HDD, not sure why? 4 When I boot up the new motherboard to install windows 10 during the windows setup do I have to select "custom" instead of the "upgrade option?"

:)

mvadam, Oct 27, 2021
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Oct 27, 2021
  3. Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ading-to/a26e93c4-6886-4b44-99cf-7bf49ccba6ee

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 27, 2021
  4. Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare?

Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare?

1. Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare? - Similar Threads - Upgrading motherboard need

2. What do I need to do to prepare Realtek Bluetooth for upgrading from 8.1 to 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What do I need to do to prepare Realtek Bluetooth for upgrading from 8.1 to 10?: I'm trying to upgrade from 8.1 to 10, but this popped up: "Realtek Bluetooth Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of Windows 10". The microsoft link it gives me only links to trying to update windows 10, not upgrading. I have no idea what to do....
  3. What do I need to do to prepare Realtek Bluetooth for upgrading from 8.1 to 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I need to do to prepare Realtek Bluetooth for upgrading from 8.1 to 10?: I'm trying to upgrade from 8.1 to 10, but this popped up: "Realtek Bluetooth Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of Windows 10". The microsoft link it gives me only links to trying to update windows 10, not upgrading. I have no idea what to do....
  4. What do I need to do to prepare Realtek Bluetooth for upgrading from 8.1 to 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What do I need to prepare for with MOBO/CPU change?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What do I need to prepare for with MOBO/CPU change?: Starting to run into motherboard MOBO issues computer won't start unless I CMOS reset it AND ethernet internet {ethernet port is on MOBO} sometimes doesn't work unless I restart the computer, so I'm thinking about replacing the motherboard and CPU.So.If I do that, will Win10...
  6. What do I need to prepare for with MOBO/CPU change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I need to prepare for with MOBO/CPU change?: Starting to run into motherboard MOBO issues computer won't start unless I CMOS reset it AND ethernet internet {ethernet port is on MOBO} sometimes doesn't work unless I restart the computer, so I'm thinking about replacing the motherboard and CPU.So.If I do that, will Win10...
  7. What do I need to prepare for with MOBO/CPU change?

8. Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare?: Hello, I was wondering what are the steps I need to do to transfer my windows 10 and pc data to my new motherboard? Researched online but most of videos and articles skip important questions like:1 How do I back up all my pc data? 2 Do I have to reinstall the drivers for my...
  9. Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare?

Upgrading my motherboard, what do I need to do to prepare?: Hello, I was wondering what are the steps I need to do to transfer my windows 10 and pc data to my new motherboard? Researched online but most of videos and articles skip important questions like:1 How do I back up all my pc data? 2 Do I have to reinstall the drivers for my...
  10. Being Prepared for Windows 10: What Do I Need to Do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Being Prepared for Windows 10: What Do I Need to Do?: What do I need to do to be prepared for Windows 10? I have 3 Acer Aspires. 2 are laptops that are running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and 1 is a desktop that is running Windows 8.1 64-bit. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 8499