Windows 10: Upgrading my pc

Discus and support Upgrading my pc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was wondering if i am able to upgrade my pc, i have a dell inspirion 5477 24 5000 and am curious if i am able to upgrade my graphics card and if so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BenGaba, Apr 24, 2020.

1. BenGaba Win User

Upgrading my pc

I was wondering if i am able to upgrade my pc, i have a dell inspirion 5477 24 5000 and am curious if i am able to upgrade my graphics card and if so where would i go/ what would i have to do to upgrade it? To be specific i am interested in buying an oculus quest and want to see if i can upgrade this pc rather than buy a new one.

:)

BenGaba, Apr 24, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 24, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User
    preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Upgrading my pc

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading my pc

1. Upgrading my pc - Similar Threads - Upgrading

2. Incompatible processor for Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompatible processor for Windows 11 upgrade: My Dell 27AIO running Windows 10 Home passes a PC Health Check for a Windows 11 upgrade except for an incompatible processor. Wondering if anyone knows what missing functionality is present with an Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz and 48 GB of RAM. Is it possible to upgrade...
  3. Incompatible processor for Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incompatible processor for Windows 11 upgrade: My Dell 27AIO running Windows 10 Home passes a PC Health Check for a Windows 11 upgrade except for an incompatible processor. Wondering if anyone knows what missing functionality is present with an Intel Core i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz and 48 GB of RAM. Is it possible to upgrade...
  4. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  5. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  6. How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 - my settings button and my shut down buttons, together with my apps, have disappeared. How do I get them back?...
  7. How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...

How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 - my settings button and my shut down buttons, together with my apps, have disappeared. How do I get them back?...
  8. Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%

Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%: Hi! I just did a fresh install of windows 10 yesterday to hopefully get a functional install to run with but after 24+ hrs of troubleshooting and fixing i finally got windows 10 ready and functional and decided to upgrade to windows 11, currently the update is stuck at 64%...
  9. Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade stuck at 64%: Hi! I just did a fresh install of windows 10 yesterday to hopefully get a functional install to run with but after 24+ hrs of troubleshooting and fixing i finally got windows 10 ready and functional and decided to upgrade to windows 11, currently the update is stuck at 64%...
  10. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10: My laptop has a broken screen and i use HDMI to connect it to TV screen. i upgraded to windows 10 and now i cant switch screens again, tried Win + P and it doesnt work, i think im in middle of upgrade because i can barely see little blue window on top of my screen and it...