Windows 10: Upgrading my Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 drive

Discus and support Upgrading my Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm looking for advice about upgrading my NVMe drive on my desktop PC. My Windows 10 desktop PC uses a 250Gb Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 as the boot (C:)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bobbyelliottuk, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Upgrading my Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 drive

I'm looking for advice about upgrading my NVMe drive on my desktop PC.

My Windows 10 desktop PC uses a 250Gb Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 as the boot (CUpgrading my Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 drive :) drive. I recently bought a Samsung 500Gb EVO Plus NVMe M.2 to upgrade it.

What's the best way to do this? Or must I replace the old drive with the new drive and rebuild the OS from scratch? Is there any easy way to clone NVMe drives? Does Samsung provide software to do this?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/bobbyelliottuk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bobbyelliottuk, Nov 24, 2020

2. How to regain all unallocated space on my New Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drive?

Hello Everyone,

I just now installed a new Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD drive to my system, and cloned all the old information from my old 256GB M.2 SSD to this new one. All went good and my system and Bios sees the New Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB
    SSD and it boots to it and runs just Great.

However.. my new Drive is only using the first 250GB like the old drive was. My new drive has 227.30GB of Unallocated space on it.

How can I us all of the New drive??... Is there a Free utility or Paid or can this simple be done in Windows 10 that will allow me to move the unused "unallocated" portion so I can Us my whole 500GB drive??... I tried both EaseUS and Macrium
    Free ware with no Luck.

I'm running the newest drivers and Windows 10 1809 x64. And as you can probably tell I'm new to this and would GREATLY appreciate a step by step on how to do this.

Thank-You for your Help in Advance.

Leprechaun J, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
  4. Steve1507 Win User

Upgrading my Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 drive

My Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe m.2 ssd not being detected in BIOS

I am having problems with the Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe m.2 ssd and it not being detected in BIOS. I recently had to submit my motherboard in RMA for repairs and the drive was working perfectly before, but now it's not being detected. I receive this code
    in "Secure Erase" in ASUS BIOS: SMNVMeROM

I have an ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI OMEGA x299 motherboard and I have 2 other NVMe m.2 drives that do work on the motherboards m.2 slots, and in the dimm.2 adapter slot. It's just that the 970 EVO had my operating system on it, and I'm confused by what SMNVMeROM
    means. Did it turn into a ROM file? Should I try putting an operating system on one of the working m.2 drives, to see if I can access the m.2 drive in question(windows disk management)? ASUS wasn't able to help me out in terms of tech. support.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve1507, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading my Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 drive

1. Upgrading my Samsung EVO NVMe M.2 drive - Similar Threads - Upgrading Samsung EVO

2. SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS: Hello, I just recently built my computer and it has been working fine for around 3 to 4 months but now my SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 has stoped working and from what I have been told the controller or something along those lines might have busted was defective from...
  3. SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS: Hello, I just recently built my computer and it has been working fine for around 3 to 4 months but now my SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 has stoped working and from what I have been told the controller or something along those lines might have busted was defective from...
  4. SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2: Hi I recently installed Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 on my Dell Inspiron 3268. Using Samsung Data migration tool, I copied my OS to SSD and wanted to make SSD as my boot drive, but is not getting shown up in BIOS as boot option. I can see PCI as loaded in BIOS, can also see...
  6. MS Certified Driver for Samsung EVO 970 M.2 Drives

MS Certified Driver for Samsung EVO 970 M.2 Drives: I am finishing a new build with new Win10 Pro Retail Software using Samsung EVO 970 Series Drives. The new Win10 Pro software sees the Drives (which are also seen by the UEFI bios) and tells me to install a new driver for them. I had previously downloaded the current driver...
  7. My Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe m.2 ssd not being detected in BIOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe m.2 ssd not being detected in BIOS: I am having problems with the Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe m.2 ssd and it not being detected in BIOS. I recently had to submit my motherboard in RMA for repairs and the drive was working perfectly before, but now it's not being detected. I receive this code in "Secure Erase" in...
  8. NVMe vs SATA for M.2 SSD? Samsung 970 EVO

NVMe vs SATA for M.2 SSD? Samsung 970 EVO: What kind of M.2 do I have? NVMe vs SATA? That is the question here! Hi! I have this notebook: Dell G3 5379 and want to get a fast SSD Drive. Will this one fit? I'm confused about NVMe. My notebook has an M.2 slot and so far I only used traditional SATA 2.5" SSD drives....
  9. How to regain all unallocated space on my New Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to regain all unallocated space on my New Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drive?: Hello Everyone, I just now installed a new Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD drive to my system, and cloned all the old information from my old 256GB M.2 SSD to this new one. All went good and my system and Bios sees the New Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB SSD...
  10. Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs: Case King here in Germanyalready has the 970s on order. Here are the prices for us here: [img]

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SM_NVMeROM