Windows 10: Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence

Discus and support Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My wife is about to get a Lenovo laptop with Win 10 home. All other systems in our home network run Pro, so I'm thinking I should use an extra Win 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by x509, May 1, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence

My wife is about to get a Lenovo laptop with Win 10 home. All other systems in our home network run Pro, so I'm thinking I should use an extra Win 7 Pro key to upgrade that laptop. Will that approach still work?

Also, I seem to recall reading somewhere that I should also "save off" the Win 10 Home license from the laptop so I can use it in the future. How would that work?

:)

x509, May 1, 2019

2. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, May 1, 2019
  3. upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

I am having difficulty upgrade my laptop from Win 10 home to Win 10 pro because the Win 10 home licence is a digital licence and my new Win 10 pro licence is a new Product Key licence. I have no idea that they were different. The Win 10 Pro licence is
    a valid genuine key but i can not install it. What can i do?

JamesPorter1, May 1, 2019
  4. Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence

upgrading from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro

guardiao domar, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence

1. Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence - Similar Threads - Upgrading system PRO

2. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro Upgrade: I have purchased online Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro upgrade. My Internet connection failed during upgrade download. Activation key was not received with the Invoice. How to restart download and activate Win 10 Pro?...
  3. Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade: I am under the impression that I can use my Win 7 Pro product key to upgrade my Win 10 Home to Pro … is that true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home-to-pro-upgrade/f9099c66-ec7c-4164-9c1d-6c13c9e11463
  4. Transfer Win 10 Pro upgrade to New Computer with Win 10 Home

Transfer Win 10 Pro upgrade to New Computer with Win 10 Home: I have purchased a new computer with Win 10 Home. I have an old computer which was upgraded from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro. It is activated digitally. I want to down grade the old computer to Win 10 Home and upgrade the new one from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro. The cost of...
  5. Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC

Transfer Win 10 Pro Licence to a new Win 10 Home PC: I bought a Laptop with Win 7 in July 2012. In January, 2013, I bought a Win 8 Pro licence through the promotion that was running at the time. I have since update the original Win 7 PC, to Win 8 Pro, to Win 10 Pro and it now is running Win 10 update 1903. I bought a new...
  6. win 10 home upgrade to win 10 pro

win 10 home upgrade to win 10 pro: how do i upgrade win 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home-upgrade-to-win-10-pro/8cd98369-24b6-4a40-ae10-4e67706373f3
  7. Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading new Win 10 system to PRO, moving Win 10 HOME licence: My wife is about to get a Lenovo laptop with Win 10 home. All other systems in our home network run Pro, so I'm thinking I should use an extra Win 7 Pro key to upgrade that laptop. Will that approach still work? Also, I seem to recall reading somewhere that I should also...
  8. Win 10 Upgrade Home to Pro

Win 10 Upgrade Home to Pro: I have an ASUS laptop which came with Win 10 Home. It has been activated and working fine for more than a year. I need the remote Desktop, so I went to the MS Store and paid my $99 for an upgrade to Pro. Now Win won't activate, saying I don't have a valid license. Also it...
  9. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade: How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to...
  10. upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro

upgrade win 10 home to win 10 pro: i try to upgrade my laptop with pre-installed windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. but there is an eror with activate the serial number of windows 10 pro. i have tried by online with: start--setting--update & security---activation---go to microsoft store an error as pictured...