Windows 10: Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped

Discus and support Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought the computer below with OEM Win10. MS insisted with installing Win11 every other week until I installed it. Now I cant activate Win11 and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GregorioRM, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped

I bought the computer below with OEM Win10. MS insisted with installing Win11 every other week until I installed it. Now I cant activate Win11 and this device saying "Go to the store to buy genuine windows. Error code 0x80004005". I have the windows sticker on the NUC but no Key. This is what I bought BXNUC10I5FNHJA1 Intel® NUC 10 Performance Mini PC with Intel® Core™ i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 16GB Intel® Optane™ Memory, Windows® 10, w/ US cord This device shows into my Win account as Name DESKTOP-ACIR645 OS Edition Windows 11 Professional Version 2009 OS Build 10.0.22621.1778 System type NUC10

:)

GregorioRM, Jun 8, 2023

2. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Does Win 8 OEM Get Free Upgrade, And Does Win 10 Wipe HDD?

Does Win 8 OEM Get Free Upgrade?
    If you have patched it to Windows 8.1 with the latest updates: yes.

Does Win 10 Wipe HDD?

Not the original upgrade - but if you get the ISO, you could later wipe your hard drive and install cleanly...

You shouldn't have to 're-install' anything that is currently installed and working *if* the manufacturer of said product says it works with Windows 10 and all you do is the in-place upgrade.

Shenan Stanley, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped

win 11 stand alone OEM?

I do not have win 10, I have win 7 with an OEM software , upgraded to 8, then then 8.1 had too many problems, went back down to 7. What I want to do is remove the SSD from my existing computer, install a new SSD with a OEM version of WIN 11, without have to have win 8 or 10 on the SSD, then I can move all my programs from the old SSD, and reactivate my license's with the companies I bought they from which I have done before. I have transferred An OEM WIN 7 license from one mother board to another when I upgraded my old motherboard and processor-I7, to a new motherboard and I9 processor and decommissioned the computer it can from. My old motherboard and processer can run Win 11, except for the fact Win 11 will not ugrage from Win 7. Just need to make sure I can install WIN 11 as a stand alone clean install in a new SSD, without needing win 8 or 10. A statement I found from Microsoft is Troubling.

Seller of the OEM software

"Use of this OEM System Builder Channel software is subject to the terms of the Microsoft OEM System Builder License".

From Microsoft

"This software is intended for pre-installation on a new personal computer for resale."

RobertRedditt, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped

1. Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped - Similar Threads - Upgrading OEM getting

2. Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading OEM Win 10 to Win 11 or getting back to the OEM after disk wiped: I bought the computer below with OEM Win10. MS insisted with installing Win11 every other week until I installed it. Now I cant activate Win11 and this device saying "Go to the store to buy genuine windows. Error code 0x80004005". I have the windows sticker on the NUC but no...
  3. win 11 stand alone OEM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 stand alone OEM?: Is windows 11 only an upgrade from win 8 or 10? with all the problems I read on win 11 upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 11. I build my own computers, my question is will win 11 be available as an OEM so I can do a stand alone full install on a new computer build?...
  4. win 11 stand alone OEM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 stand alone OEM?: Is windows 11 only an upgrade from win 8 or 10? with all the problems I read on win 11 upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 11. I build my own computers, my question is will win 11 be available as an OEM so I can do a stand alone full install on a new computer build?...
  5. win 10 oem licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 oem licence: Hello, I am using win 10 pro upgraded from win 8 , after upgrading the win is activated with a digital licence , when I put my original win 8 key in the change the licence field the licence shows a oem key in the basic computer information page, does it mean any thing ?...
  6. Using a Win 10 Pro full version disk with Win 10 OEM license to install OEM version of Win...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using a Win 10 Pro full version disk with Win 10 OEM license to install OEM version of Win...: The subject says it most clearly. I need to upgrade two computers from Win 7 pro, and will have new hard drives for each of them. The full version download for Win 10 Pro comes with it's own product key, and there's an option to purchase just a product key for Win 10 Pro...
  7. WIN 10 OEM or RETAIL?

WIN 10 OEM or RETAIL?: I have a PC today with WIN 7. I will install WIN 10 in it. Can I buy an OEM license and install it on that PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-oem-or-retail/3c208a26-f7c6-4dad-a1c9-e36f5e43bf12
  8. Need to get an OEM copy of Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to get an OEM copy of Win 10: Hello I upgraded a friends win 7 computer with a new SS HD and discovered I can no longer upgrade to WIn 10 with the Win 7 password. So I am stuck with buying a WIn 10 license. Where is the best place to get a Win 10 OEM license? I hate to charge my friend retail for one....
  9. win 10 oem

win 10 oem: Bonjour, je dispose d'un dvd win 10 famille oem 32 bits. Je change de carte mère. je dois installer win 10 famille 64 bits. Est ce possible avec ce dvd? merci https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-oem/e43080ac-4b90-463e-9ce4-c8d7d82e2fe6
  10. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?: I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it. I verified this by using : slmgr -dli. Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key. Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro. If so what are...