Windows 10: Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Discus and support Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bobmac1547, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

• Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

• Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

:)

bobmac1547, Jul 22, 2018

2. Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10

Just tried to use the MS 'Media Creation Tool' to download an .iso of Win10 Pro 64-bit - the only OS offered in the dropdown box is Win10 Home!

Currently running Win7 Pro (OEM) on my last machine to be upgraded. I haven't yet done the automatic 'upgrade' to Win10. Of course, I know I need to do this before doing a clean install with a downloaded .iso. Is this the reason for no choice of the Pro
    version?

If first I do the free upgrade from Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10...

a) Will the upgraded OS show as Win10 Pro (OEM)?
    and;

b) If I then run the 'Media Creation Tool', will I then be offered a choice of Win10 Home or Win10 Pro in the drop-down?

It was always my understanding that Win7 Pro (OEM) was entitled to a free upgrade to Win10 Pro (OEM)...

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Henry

HenryHonda, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Win7 Pro (OEM) to Win10

Thanks Andre.

Just as I knew...

My original question was why I wasn't able to chose Win10 Pro when using the MCT from within Win7 Pro OEM. I'm guessing my original suggestions were correct?

Henry

HenryHonda, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

WIN10 HOME OEM UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

dears, I have bought a new PC coming with an OEM WIN 10 home to replace a crashed PC running on WIN 7 ULTIMATE. can I upgrade the new WIN10 HOME to WIN10 PRO using the WIN7 ULTIMATE license key? thanks.

TonyTongKC, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

1. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro - Similar Threads - Upgrading OEM Win10

2. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  3. Upgrade from win10 OEM Home to Retail Pro

Upgrade from win10 OEM Home to Retail Pro: Hello there,I got a new lenovo laptop with windows 10 oem home installed, and I want to upgrade it to retail pro through key I've purchased.Which is better: To just apply the upgrade or do clean install? Or it doesn't matter?Thank you...
  4. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  5. Upgrade rom Win10 home to Win10 pro

Upgrade rom Win10 home to Win10 pro: Hi all, Does all apps remaining on the upgraded computer when doing the upgrade? It's very important because I use software that needs machine codes in cloud to use. Otherwise I have to ask new machine codes to my software vendors. It would be great that these apps still...
  6. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  7. Win10 Home S mode upgrade to win10 pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win10 Home S mode upgrade to win10 pro: Hi All, I am trying to upgrade my Windows Tablet running Win10 Home S Mode to Win 10Pro. The path to do this upgrade is via Settings/ Update & Security/ Activation. Once in here you choose the Win Store, but Win store does not want to open. Any suggestions on how I can...
  8. Can I upgrade OEM Win10 Home to Retail Win10 Pro?

Can I upgrade OEM Win10 Home to Retail Win10 Pro?: Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version. My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to...
  9. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154
  10. Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME

Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME: I have an original CD with 64 bits Win 10 Pro for OEM, with a sticker with key. I did a clean installation deleted the partitions in C: I installed and see that it is the Win 10 OEM Home 1709 After instalation there were the automatic Windows updates from Microsoft....