Windows 10: upgrading on a computer with three desktops

Discus and support upgrading on a computer with three desktops in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I share a computer with two other people. We share one service provider but have three seperate desktop access. I want to upgrade my Avast antivirus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonL, Aug 15, 2019.

1. DonL Win User

upgrading on a computer with three desktops

I share a computer with two other people. We share one service provider but have three seperate desktop
    access. I want to upgrade my Avast antivirus that we all share. If I upgrade it on my desktop will it automatically
    upgrade on the other two. If not, what should I do to upgrade everyone.
    Thank you,
    Don

:)

2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Aug 15, 2019
  4. upgrading on a computer with three desktops

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

upgrading on a computer with three desktops

1. upgrading on a computer with three desktops - Similar Threads - upgrading computer three

2. Three MS Id's Two Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Three MS Id's Two Computers: A family member has two computers both logging in with different accounts one old and one new. The new computer has a new outlook account , the old computer has been logging to MS with a non MS email address for years. This person has an old live.com email for an unused XP...
  3. Three MS Id's Two Computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Three MS Id's Two Computers: A family member has two computers both logging in with different accounts one old and one new. The new computer has a new outlook account , the old computer has been logging to MS with a non MS email address for years. This person has an old live.com email for an unused XP...
  4. Three MS Id's Two Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I show the same desktop on all three computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I show the same desktop on all three computers: How do I show the same desktop on all 3 computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-show-the-same-desktop-on-all-three/09ae695e-6c9d-44c0-a661-d12b64726639
  6. Files sharing between three computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files sharing between three computers: I have two PCs named PC3 and PC4 and recently added a laptop named HPStream. PC3 can access shared folders on PC4 and HPstream. PC4 can access shared folders on PC3 and HPstream. HPStream can access shared folders on PC4 but not on PC3 — HPStream sees the shared folders on...
  7. upgrading on a computer with three desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    upgrading on a computer with three desktops: I share a computer with two other people. We share one service provider but have three seperate desktop access. I want to upgrade my Avast antivirus that we all share. If I upgrade it on my desktop will it automatically upgrade on the other two. If not, what should I do to...
  8. Networking Three computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Networking Three computers: Any help would be appreciated - at my wits end I have 3 computers, all running Windows 10 Pro - I am trying to get them to talk with each other and share file data One of them will connect to the other two and show the shared files, but the others will not connect to it....
  9. Three whole days on Win 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Three whole days on Win 10 upgrade.: Well God bless Microsoft I now have Windows 10 was in the process of downloading & burning new ISO in English us as the uk one did not work accidently clicked on windows app while setting up game on wife's old xp m/c like I am an old fart in my 70's & thought bugger it I am...
  10. Three versions of 'Desktop'?

in Windows 10 Support
    Three versions of 'Desktop'?: In the following screenshot I've shown the three versions of the entity called 'Desktop' on my PC. [img] On the left is the one I rarely see or use, I suppose you'd call it the 'classic' desktop, displayed when you use Win + M to minimise everything (or other routes),...