Windows 10: upgrading on a desktop

Discus and support upgrading on a desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Running windows vs 1809 system trying to upgrade to vs 1903 - trying many times but always freezes. Have to power down and start again. System then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by boomerblackman, Oct 10, 2019.

1. upgrading on a desktop

Running windows vs 1809 system trying to upgrade to vs 1903 - trying many times but always freezes. Have to power down and start again. System then reverts back to original vs. How do I solve this?

:)

boomerblackman, Oct 10, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 10, 2019
  3. AdasT Win User
    Need a upgrade for my desktop

Hello guys i need some help to upgrade my desktop
    my desktops specs are

CPU:Intel core quad q6600 2.4
    GPU: Gtx 260 (which is dead now)
    Ram:4GB
    PSU: 700 OCZ

im not planning to buy new pc yet because i need some money on summer to go on holidays
    so i need some few upgrades anny suggestions what is the best thing to upgrade so i can play games

AdasT, Oct 10, 2019
  4. upgrading on a desktop

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

upgrading on a desktop

1. upgrading on a desktop - Similar Threads - upgrading desktop

2. How do I Reactivate Windows 10 After upgrading my Motherboard when the Desktop I purchased...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I Reactivate Windows 10 After upgrading my Motherboard when the Desktop I purchased...: I purchased a custom built Desktop from a reputable Ebay seller just over a year ago which had a legitimate copy of Windows 10 apparently attached to the motherboard, but without thinking about what it would mean to Windows, I recently upgraded to a motherboard to better suit...
  3. Desktop folder is now read only after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop folder is now read only after Windows 10 upgrade: Following a Windows 10 upgrade my Desktop folder is now read-only and even after trying to change permissions as myself (I am an Administrator), the folder remains read-only. How can the permissions be restored to allow full control of the Desktop when logged in as myself?...
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade on Lenovo desktop computer which is currently running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade on Lenovo desktop computer which is currently running: I have been asked to upgrade a Lenovo desktop computer which is currently running W 10 version 1709. I want to upgrade to the latest version i. e. 1903. Do I have to progressively upgrade through the previous versions or can I go straight to 1903? 141133
  5. Windows 10 upgrade 1903 changed my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 upgrade 1903 changed my desktop: Windows 10 upgrade 1903 changed the background on my desktop and removed half the shortcut icons. Is there a simple way to restore them all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-1903-changed-my-desktop/395019a1-f8c8-48bd-91ba-48f96ebc4d57
  6. how do i take my hp pavilion desktop back to wallmart and upgrade to the alien desktop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do i take my hp pavilion desktop back to wallmart and upgrade to the alien desktop: how do i take my hp pavilion desktop back to walmart and upgrade to the alien desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-my-hp-pavilion-desktop-back-to/5327b172-f450-4d9f-a791-4eb6f8135c6b"
  7. upgrading on a computer with three desktops

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    upgrading on a computer with three desktops: I share a computer with two other people. We share one service provider but have three seperate desktop access. I want to upgrade my Avast antivirus that we all share. If I upgrade it on my desktop will it automatically upgrade on the other two. If not, what should I do to...
  8. upgrading on a computer with three desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    upgrading on a computer with three desktops: I share a computer with two other people. We share one service provider but have three seperate desktop access. I want to upgrade my Avast antivirus that we all share. If I upgrade it on my desktop will it automatically upgrade on the other two. If not, what should I do to...
  9. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, everything fine until restart, and now desktop files...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, everything fine until restart, and now desktop files...: So today I decided to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 from Windows 7 using the upgrade tool. The update went smoothly, and after booting into Windows 10 the first time I went ahead and started getting everything squared away. I moved some VERY important folders onto the...
  10. I had the free windows 10 upgrade on my desktop. That HD became corrupted, how do I get...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I had the free windows 10 upgrade on my desktop. That HD became corrupted, how do I get...: I do have my product Key of my computer that previously had Windows 8 that was loaded on the desktop computer before I got the free upgrade. How do I get windows back on my computer after I replace the hard drive? I'll be getting a new blank disk. I also have Windows 10...