Windows 10: upgrading on a desktop

Discus and support upgrading on a desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Running windows vs 1809 system trying to upgrade to vs 1903 - trying many times but always freezes. Have to power down and start again. System then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by boomerblackman, Oct 10, 2019.

1. upgrading on a desktop

Running windows vs 1809 system trying to upgrade to vs 1903 - trying many times but always freezes. Have to power down and start again. System then reverts back to original vs. How do I solve this?

:)

boomerblackman, Oct 10, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 10, 2019
  3. AdasT Win User
    Need a upgrade for my desktop

Hello guys i need some help to upgrade my desktop
    my desktops specs are

CPU:Intel core quad q6600 2.4
    GPU: Gtx 260 (which is dead now)
    Ram:4GB
    PSU: 700 OCZ

im not planning to buy new pc yet because i need some money on summer to go on holidays
    so i need some few upgrades anny suggestions what is the best thing to upgrade so i can play games

AdasT, Oct 10, 2019
  4. upgrading on a desktop

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

upgrading on a desktop

1. upgrading on a desktop - Similar Threads - upgrading desktop

2. Cant upgrade my desktop but can upgrade my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant upgrade my desktop but can upgrade my laptop: My laptop is windows 10/with 4 gig mem not upgradable. The upgrade says I can go to windows 11 for free if I chose. My desktop just upgraded to 32 gig mem, with two trig hardrives. The desktop says I cant upgrade to windows 11 cause of hardware issues. Has a I5 processor and...
  3. Cant upgrade my desktop but can upgrade my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant upgrade my desktop but can upgrade my laptop: My laptop is windows 10/with 4 gig mem not upgradable. The upgrade says I can go to windows 11 for free if I chose. My desktop just upgraded to 32 gig mem, with two trig hardrives. The desktop says I cant upgrade to windows 11 cause of hardware issues. Has a I5 processor and...
  4. Cant upgrade my desktop but can upgrade my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now there no major icons/apps on the taskbar and desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now there no major icons/apps on the taskbar and desktop.: Earlier today I upgraded my Lenovo 2021 laptop to windows 11 from windows 10 and now when I log in and enter the background with the taskbar nothing shows besides the windows 10 style taskbar and an arrow pointing up on it with several apps on it that I can open.The only...
  6. Recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now there no major icons/apps on the taskbar and desktop.

Recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now there no major icons/apps on the taskbar and desktop.: Earlier today I upgraded my Lenovo 2021 laptop to windows 11 from windows 10 and now when I log in and enter the background with the taskbar nothing shows besides the windows 10 style taskbar and an arrow pointing up on it with several apps on it that I can open.The only...
  7. All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade: I recently upgraded my PC hardware and OS and have a clean install of Windows 11 Home. All of these games worked without any issues on my older build with Win 10. Ever since the upgrade I have been having a constant problem with all my games crashing even if they are not...
  8. All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade

All games are crashing to desktop since PC upgrade: I recently upgraded my PC hardware and OS and have a clean install of Windows 11 Home. All of these games worked without any issues on my older build with Win 10. Ever since the upgrade I have been having a constant problem with all my games crashing even if they are not...
  9. If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything...: Hi all,I am wondering about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 now if I upgrade my current operating system will I lose all my desktop icons meaning would I have to start again from scratch? I am not formatting the drive or anything so I know nothing will be lost I'm just...
  10. If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything...

If I upgrade from Windows 7 to WIndows 10 will I lose all my desktop icons and everything...: Hi all,I am wondering about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 now if I upgrade my current operating system will I lose all my desktop icons meaning would I have to start again from scratch? I am not formatting the drive or anything so I know nothing will be lost I'm just...