Windows 10: Upgrading PC and transfering W10

Discus and support Upgrading PC and transfering W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello ! I am quite a noob when it comes to PC but I learn fast ! Three years ago I had a custom built gaming PC delivered on which the compagny... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by M0rrigan, Apr 23, 2020.

1. M0rrigan Win User

Upgrading PC and transfering W10

Hello !

I am quite a noob when it comes to PC but I learn fast !

Three years ago I had a custom built gaming PC delivered on which the compagny that built my PC installed W10, now I feel like some components deserve to be replaced, notably the Motherboard. I read that replacing the motherboard requires a fresh installation of W10, except I would like to transfer it from my current build to the newest, as I would be selling the old parts. Using the cmd gives me the following informations:

Name: WindowsR Operating system, OEM_COA_NSLP channel

Is there any way for me to transfer the OS to the new build I plan on getting ?

Thanks in advance for your help and stay safe !

:)

M0rrigan, Apr 23, 2020

2. W10 licence transfer. What happens if I change/upgrade my PC later on?

On the contrary, I'd rather not have to think about it at all! It ought to be this simple...

1. Register with Microsoft for free Windows 10 upgrade.
    2. Provide evidence that you are a current legit Windows 7/8/8.1 user.
    3. Receive a new Windows 10 product key.
    4. Download Windows 10 from Microsoft.
    5. Clean install Windows 10 to computer.
    6. Use new key to activate.
    7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 when transferring to new computer.

I really don't understand why it needs to be any harder than that!

wiggly1uk2000, Apr 23, 2020
  3. 5rollason Win User
    File transfer windows 10 to windows 10 using backup and restore

Hello

I'm afraid you still don't seem to have understood my question.

Let me try again step by step.

My plan:

• Upgrade old PC running W7 to W10
    • Buy new PC with W10 pre-installed
    • Back up files and settings on old PC
    • Restore that backup onto new PC
    • Install application software onto new PC
    • New PC becomes my default PC, old one goes into retirement.
    I was aware that Windows 7 Easy Transfer would not run on W10 which was why I proposed this option.

I have now found an article which gives me confidence that I am on the right track. Although it refers to an earlier operating system

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/restore-files-backup#1TC=windows-7

5rollason, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Upgrading PC and transfering W10

w10 upgrade

Hi,

During the upgrade windows is asking me to manually uninstall WinZip which does not appear in any list of application running on my pc.

I am really wondering whether something fishy is not happening as picked up by the W10 upgrade process...

My questions are as follows:

1. Is it possible that this WinZip program detected by W10 upgrade is running on my pc without me knowing it?

2. If yes, how could I track it down? and,

3. How could I uninstall it manually?

Thank you

LindorDiop1, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading PC and transfering W10

1. Upgrading PC and transfering W10 - Similar Threads - Upgrading transfering W10

2. W10 license transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 license transfer: I have a windows 10 pc and I have built a new PC without an os. I would like to ask if I should buy a new license for my new PC or can I have the one I'm using transfer to the new PC? Would transferring hard drive works?...
  3. W10 license transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 license transfer: I have a windows 10 pc and I have built a new PC without an os. I would like to ask if I should buy a new license for my new PC or can I have the one I'm using transfer to the new PC? Would transferring hard drive works?...
  4. How transfer the Pictures in iPad to W10 of PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How transfer the Pictures in iPad to W10 of PC?: Hello Sir/Madam: Often we can use the charging-line of iPad go connect with w10 of PC, then under C: of w10 appear a fold named: Apple iPad/Internal Storage/DCIM. All the pictures in iPad will appear in the DCIM. from there one can move them to any fold of this HHD. BUT, some...
  5. How transfer the Pictures in iPad to W10 of PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How transfer the Pictures in iPad to W10 of PC?: Hello Sir/Madam: Often we can use the charging-line of iPad go connect with w10 of PC, then under C: of w10 appear a fold named: Apple iPad/Internal Storage/DCIM. All the pictures in iPad will appear in the DCIM. from there one can move them to any fold of this HHD. BUT, some...
  6. Transfer W10 Pro To New PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer W10 Pro To New PC?: I'm getting a new computer. Can I de-activate my Windows 10 Pro license on my current PC, then activate on my new PC, or do I have to buy a second copy? Thanks. 182551
  7. Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring Items between a W10 pc and A Mac ?: Hello, I use a W10 pc and an iMac. Now and then, i have a screen capture, or a simple Document, or most anything I would like to transfer to the Mac. Have been doing it now via a USB Memory Stick formatted as ExFat between the two. There must be a simpler way. Yes ? They...
  8. transfer W10 pro from a broken PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer W10 pro from a broken PC: Hello, my PC failed to restart in the process of a windows update. I got a black screen. no bios. so rather than faff around I have bought another PC. I have the OS drive from my old PC and all info on that can be accessed. Is there any way that I can transfer my w10...
  9. Transferring w10 from one pc to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring w10 from one pc to another?: I have a Digital license (retail, not OEM) of w10 pro on an old laptop that I no longer use. I want to remove this license from the laptop and put it onto a completely new PC. Completely different components. I've read all the articles on this I could find, however I hadn't...
  10. W10 Transfer to a friend.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Transfer to a friend.: I am giving my W10 computer to a friend and want to know how to transfer W10 and ownership to them. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-transfer-to-a-friend/816b5636-e5d7-4ff4-8773-22ce5826bf18"