Windows 10: Upgrading PC - Windows Activation?

Discus and support Upgrading PC - Windows Activation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I will be upgrading my PC, how will I go about activating Windows again? I can't afford to repurchase windows but my PC is in desperate need of an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MattyHeal, Jun 14, 2021.

1. MattyHeal Win User

Upgrading PC - Windows Activation?

I will be upgrading my PC, how will I go about activating Windows again? I can't afford to repurchase windows but my PC is in desperate need of an upgrade, the mobo, cpu etc will be fine but I'm going to upgrade my ssd to a M.2 and I'm concerned installing a fresh copy of windows will mean I will loose my activation / license ?Any help is appreciated,many thanks.

:)

MattyHeal, Jun 14, 2021

2. Activating Windows 10 after upgrade

Hi Varghese,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to inform that as you are using an Genuine Windows 7 in your system,
    Windows 10 will automatically be activated online and create a digital entitlement for your device.

If you still face issues with Activation after upgrading to Windows 10, suggest you to activate the Operating System through phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope the information is helpful. Do get back to us for any other assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Blayke Win User
    Windows 10 Wont Activate after upgrade

I had used the mediacreationtool to upgrade my pc. Will waiting 24 hours still work with it?

Blayke, Jun 14, 2021
  4. mshimala Win User

Windows saying not activated after motherboard upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded some PC parts (new motherboard, RAM, processor, video card) and ever since then I have a watermark in the bottom right of my display reading "Activate Windows - Go to Settings to activate Windows."

I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 back when they were allowing Windows 8 users to upgrade to Windows 10. I don't remember receiving an activation key during this upgrade.

I've read online that installing a new motherboard can occasionally cause issues with OS activation. How can I reactivate my Windows without having to purchase Windows 10.

Some things to note:
    • This watermark was not there prior to installing the new motherboard
    • As some places (and a Microsoft Tech Support member) suggested, typing the query "wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" into CMD just returns with "OA3xOriginalProductKey". The Microsoft Support member seemed confused by this and said there was nothing further she could do.

Thanks!

mshimala, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Upgrading PC - Windows Activation? - Similar Threads - Upgrading Activation

2. Upgraded Win 10 activation after formatting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded Win 10 activation after formatting: Good morning,I'm posting here after discussing with Dell. I have a Dell Precision 5510 that came with Windows 7 Pro, no hardware change. It is an old company laptop that I'm recycling for personal use since I got a new one and already migrated the company stuff there. The old...
  3. Failed Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO upgrade - not able to activate license

Failed Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO upgrade - not able to activate license: Hello Community, I have a problem activating my PC after installing Windows 10 PRO from W10 HOME that took place today 7/16/21.I've been using a custom PC Digitalstorm with Windows 10 Home edition since 2016. The PC came with the Windows 10 Home CD. Over the years, I've...
  4. Bought Upgrade for Windows 10 Pro from Home from Store. Windows now says to Activate, but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bought Upgrade for Windows 10 Pro from Home from Store. Windows now says to Activate, but...: Hi,I bought Windows 10 Pro from the official Microsoft Store on the 8th July 2021. This morning I have turned my PC on and I am getting an 'Activate Windows' message. Upon pressing 'Troubleshoot' I get the message:'We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure that you're...
  5. Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate

Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate: The computer came with Win10 Home. I purchased a Win10 Pro upgrade from the Miicrosoft store. Now on the activation page it states I have Windows 10 Enterprisewhich I did not purchase - I purchase Windows 10 Professional upgrade. It also states "We can't activate Windows on...
  6. Windows Activation Errors After Major upgrades

Windows Activation Errors After Major upgrades: Hello, I am A Windows user for a very long time. I decided to upgrade my pc's motherboard, ram and storage. But when i did that my windows got deactivated Even though i linked my lisense to my account before clean installing windows. When I logged in with my account it is not...
  7. Activation error when upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Activation error when upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: I had Windows 10 Home and I bought an upgrade to Pro through the Microsoft Store app. After installing the upgrade, the Activation page under Settings says that I have Windows 10 Enterprise instead of Pro. It says that Windows is not activated because the product key is not...
  8. upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now.

upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now.: I upgraded MBD CPU and RAM.Windows was activated prior, I checked and double checked to have right email.I reinstalled on a new hard drive and now I can't get it to activate.I used the troubleshooter as instructed and chose the computer I had activated prior and said I was...
  9. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Issues with Activation

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Issues with Activation: Just purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade for $109.31 through the Microsoft Store- upgrade produced an odd error 0xC004C003, disallowing activation- Troubleshoot states I have incorrect digital license or suggests I may have upgraded H/W. Other odd issue is that it show Edition...
  10. activating Windows 10 after upgrading from W7 isn't possible.

activating Windows 10 after upgrading from W7 isn't possible.: After building a new computer and installing W7 on it, I upgraded it to W10 but it doesn't accept the activation code.Can anyone tell me why?...