Windows 10: Upgrading RAM but BSoD every time I try. Can't even boot to desktop with the upgraded RAM.

Discus and support Upgrading RAM but BSoD every time I try. Can't even boot to desktop with the upgraded RAM. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, my gaming computer started out with one stick of RAM 8GB and I want to upgrade the amount. I'm running with a Z390 Pro4 motherboard, which supports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kwolf209, May 11, 2020.

1. Kwolf209 Win User

Upgrading RAM but BSoD every time I try. Can't even boot to desktop with the upgraded RAM.

So, my gaming computer started out with one stick of RAM 8GB and I want to upgrade the amount. I'm running with a Z390 Pro4 motherboard, which supports up to 64GB of RAM. The stop code I get when I put the new RAM in is: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. Can anyone help me on how I can fix this?

:)

Kwolf209, May 11, 2020

2. RAM upgrade in windows 10

I tried upgrading RAM to my laptop. After I installed the RAM it goes into boot loop. After I removed the new RAM it starts up normally. Any suggestions..

Bhargava Teja, May 11, 2020
  3. BSOD after RAM upgrade

Tried all of these and nothing worked. Still got random BSOD. I also noticed I was unable to left click the start button now. I read a few posts on that and tried suggestions with no luck.

I installed this RAM not realizing there were a lot of updates that installed upon reboot. Is there anything could have damaged as a result of not updating before installing new RAM?

unlgrad2002, May 11, 2020
  4. prashii Win User

Upgrading RAM but BSoD every time I try. Can't even boot to desktop with the upgraded RAM.

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Upgrading RAM but BSoD every time I try. Can't even boot to desktop with the upgraded RAM. - Similar Threads - Upgrading RAM BSoD

2. CAN'T UPGRADE RAM!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN'T UPGRADE RAM!: Good afternoon!Just to recap, my pc- Windows 10 Pro, GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card, IntelR CoreTM i7-10700K CPU, Z490-A PRO motherboard, two 16 gb ram sticks =32 gb total ram I can use, and the max ram my motherboard is capable of installing for use is 128 gb. So! I went...
  3. CAN'T UPGRADE RAM!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAN'T UPGRADE RAM!: Good afternoon!Just to recap, my pc- Windows 10 Pro, GeForce RTX 3070 graphics card, IntelR CoreTM i7-10700K CPU, Z490-A PRO motherboard, two 16 gb ram sticks =32 gb total ram I can use, and the max ram my motherboard is capable of installing for use is 128 gb. So! I went...
  4. CAN'T UPGRADE RAM!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. RAM Upgrade in my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Upgrade in my desktop: I use gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2PT MB, which have Kingstone 4 GB DUEL CHENNEL CL-9 RAM 1333Mhz . I shall upgrade to extra 4GB or 8 GB RAM, but I confuse that in which frequency Mhz RAM will supported my MB. Please guide me to this.thanks in advance....
  6. BSOD After Ram Upgrade??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD After Ram Upgrade??: I upgraded from house-branded cheap 16GB to Corsair 32GB 2600Mhz. Since booting with new RAM, BSOD often, varying every 10min to 30min. I ram the memory diag with new RAM and it threw no problems. I also did the PowerShell verify thing and it crashed on me. Any ideas? I...
  7. BSOD after RAM upgrade

BSOD after RAM upgrade: Hello all, A week ago I recieved my order G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz C16 F4-3200C16D-16GVKB I had already one pair of the same ram up and running for 2 years. After the ram installation the system recognize only 16GB and the other half appears as system...
  8. BSODS after RAM upgrade

BSODS after RAM upgrade: My computer has been experiencing BSODs after a recent RAM upgrade. RAM was installed in the same slots as the previous. I've also tried updating drivers through device manager, got some BSODs there while updating them. Also tried running system file check on CMD, which it...
  9. Ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram upgrade: Hi, I owe a Asus tuff fx505GD laptop which has 8gb ram and i would like to add another 8gb in total but im not sure how to buy a new ram stick that is compatible to my laptop. Could someone help me out here !! submitted by /u/rex_divakar [link] [comments]...
  10. RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Upgrade: I have an XPS 8930 I bought directly from Dell., Windows 10 Pro x64-based system with 64GB of RAM. i7-8700K@3.70GHz 3696Mhz. I would like to add addtional RAM According to Dell this computer is maxed out and will not support any additional RAM. Is this true? Can anyone...