Windows 10: Upgrading Rest of Desktop Drives, a Few Little Questions

Discus and support Upgrading Rest of Desktop Drives, a Few Little Questions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All Went ahead and ordered upgraded Drives for rest of Desktop drives to go along with the M.2 Drive recently that i got for Christams, 1TB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMDMan2016, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Upgrading Rest of Desktop Drives, a Few Little Questions

Hello All

Went ahead and ordered upgraded Drives for rest of Desktop drives to go along with the M.2 Drive recently that i got for Christams, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Sata SSD, and 4TB WD Black Storage drive.

I assume with Macirum Reflect Home i can just restore the image of Current 860 Evo 250GB Drive and 1TB Western Digital Black Storage drive onto the new drives once they are installed into system, i decided to do this type of upgrade as opening this case 1 time, and accessing the drive storage area is better than ordering them seperately

Don't think will be that easy to access my drive bays on my Thermaltake V200 Case lol, but i will get it done, just will have to take my time, gently get front cover open, access the screws for the drive trays as best i can, carefully pull out to remove old drives off the trays, put new drive onto the tray, slide back in, rescrew in, reconnect the cables,

250GB SSD i may move to my extra serial ata mounting spot, unknown what i'll store on that drive yet though, i think i have another Serial ata power cable that i could use for it i hope lol

Anything special i should do for the Western Digital 4TB Drive? should i full erase it and scan it for errors first or just start loading software onto it

:)

AMDMan2016, Jan 4, 2021
  2. Anak Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

Upgrading Rest of Desktop Drives, a Few Little Questions [​IMG]

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Anak, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (& Upgrade!)

Dear Santa,

I want to upgrade my primary PC this year, my MB/CPU is almost 5 years old now, and I've got the upgrade itch.

It's going to be built around an unlocked Ivy Bridge CPU, namely the 3770k

But first, I've got a few questions for you:

• What chipsets support that CPU? I think the X79 and X77?
    • Is the 3770k going to be replaced with a better model, better stepping, etc in 2012 or early 2013?
    Oh and is the world going to end in Dec 2012?

Thx,
    Little Johnny

Sasqui, Jan 4, 2021
  4. MohanC Win User

Upgrading Rest of Desktop Drives, a Few Little Questions

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Upgrading Rest of Desktop Drives, a Few Little Questions

1. Upgrading Rest of Desktop Drives, a Few Little Questions - Similar Threads - Upgrading Rest Desktop

2. A FEW QUESTIONS REGRADING WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A FEW QUESTIONS REGRADING WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE: I have a few questions about a Windows 11 upgrade. I currently have the following system:Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎10/‎15/‎2020 OS build 19043.1586 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 on the following HP Laptop 171-by-1xxx...
  3. A FEW QUESTIONS REGRADING WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A FEW QUESTIONS REGRADING WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE: I have a few questions about a Windows 11 upgrade. I currently have the following system:Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎10/‎15/‎2020 OS build 19043.1586 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 on the following HP Laptop 171-by-1xxx...
  4. A few questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A few questions: Hi there! I am a 19-year old student studying Level 3 Print Media & Journalism in the UK, a Creative Media course. I recently purchased a HP Stream 11 laptop, which arrived yesterday. I bought it to do my college work during this period of all schools + colleges being...
  5. A few DISM questions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A few DISM questions: A few Desktop shortcuts are blank, so I tried running DISM What is the average time for a scan to complete on a 2TB HDD? (mine took 10min.) 100% "No component store corruption detected." How to cancel DISM one it's started? Admin Commands used: “Dism /Online...
  6. A few DISM questions

in Windows 10 Support
    A few DISM questions: A few Desktop shortcuts are blank, so I tried running DISM What is the average time for a scan to complete on a 2TB HDD? (mine took 10min.) 100% "No component store corruption detected." How to cancel DISM one it's started? Admin Commands used: “Dism /Online...
  7. Meltdown/Spectre & Antivirus little Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Meltdown/Spectre & Antivirus little Question: Hi All Currently running Avast Free on all systems, Malwarebytes Free on all system as secondary scanner, now what i'm wondering is if i'd be safe if I choose to use Defender and Malwarebytes Free when Redstone 4 is Offical next month, as not sure if Avast slows things...
  8. A few questions for decision to upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A few questions for decision to upgrade: Currently, Win7 Pro on new laptop- I purchased a refurbished Lenovo T530 (replacing a limping 6-7 year old T61), 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM built 2012, Nvidia card, 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) NO TOUCH, Intel Core i5 3320M (2.60GHz). The machine config I wanted is not being produced yet...
  9. Upgrading to 10 soon, few questions

Upgrading to 10 soon, few questions: I'll be upgrading to Windows 10, from 8.1, tomorrow. But before I do it i'll backup everything I can to avoid losing anything important, and ask a few questions to you gusy who understand the matter way better than me: .I'm planning on using a bootable USB to perform a...
  10. A few upgrade questions

A few upgrade questions: I will be upgrading from 64-bit W8.1 Pro to 64-bit W10 Pro in the near future. A few questions:- 1) I run 64-bit W8.1 Pro on a ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard. I dont have a graphics nor sound card since I use the on-board graphics and audio functions on the board....