Windows 10: Upgrading spinning drive with SSD.

Discus and support Upgrading spinning drive with SSD. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to replace really slow 500GB hard drive with 120GB SSD using Windows 7 recovery "system image" process - does the new SSD have to be larger than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RVH-of-Fallbrook, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Upgrading spinning drive with SSD.

I want to replace really slow 500GB hard drive with 120GB SSD using Windows 7 recovery "system image" process - does the new SSD have to be larger than the 500GB drive?

:)

RVH-of-Fallbrook, Jul 16, 2019
  2. WesKlatt Win User

Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Morgoth Win User
    im upgrading Upgrading spinning drive with SSD. :)

got a new job, means i get enough cash to upgrade *Big Grin Upgrading spinning drive with SSD. :D
    this is my list

CPU: Intel Xeon W5590
    GPU: SAPPHIRE HD 7970 3gb

SSD: Sandisk Solid State Drive 64GB
    PCi-e SSD: OCZ RevoDrive 3 series RVD3-FHPX4-240G PCI-E MLC Solid State Drive SSD

anny other suggestions for my system? *Big Grin Upgrading spinning drive with SSD. :D

Morgoth, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Upgrading spinning drive with SSD.

Upgrading laptop hard drive to ssd

I'm upgrading my old Asus Q200e laptop's hard drive to a PNY SSD http://www.pny.com/ssd-cs2111?sku=SSD7CS2111-240-RB , following this tutorial. (As an aside, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 due to a slight slowdown in boot times.) Aside from using different products than the ones listed in the tutorial, I've followed every step to the letter.

However, when I swapped out the HDD with the SSD, the computer does not recognize the new SSD as the boot drive. Instead, upon turning on the machine, the system goes into a strange BIOS-esque utility called "Aptio Setup Utility" that doesn't list the SSD at all. It does, however, list the boot manager from the old HDD I have plugged into a hard drive USB enclosure. I've tried looking up the answer online to no avail.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Charlie Gao, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading spinning drive with SSD.

1. Upgrading spinning drive with SSD. - Similar Threads - Upgrading spinning drive

2. Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive: I have a windows 11 notebook.. further win 11 upgrade corrupted my SSD drive. Now it boots to a notebook which says there is no network hardware in notebook. I am furious that a Microsoft "ambassador" led me down a path to no results, said he was transferring me to technical...
  3. Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install win11 on SSD drive... Corrupts when upgrading on SSD drive: I have a windows 11 notebook.. further win 11 upgrade corrupted my SSD drive. Now it boots to a notebook which says there is no network hardware in notebook. I am furious that a Microsoft "ambassador" led me down a path to no results, said he was transferring me to technical...
  4. Mystery G: Drive after upgrading SSD!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery G: Drive after upgrading SSD!: Hi,After much tribulation, I was able to finally clone my OS over to a bigger, faster SSD.Now, after messing around with Computer Management and Disk Management apps, I've somehow ended up with an additional "G:" drive.It shows up in File Explorer, but NOT in Disk Management....
  5. Upgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade C Drive 500GB SSD to 1 or 2TB SSD?: If I take my pc into my local pc man and ask him to do the above, can he guarantee crossing over ALL the data on the current drive. There is so much on there I don't want to lose anything and I don't trust restore or suchlike as its never been good to me in the past. Looking...
  6. Upgraded from SSD to M2 drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded from SSD to M2 drive: I just Upgraded from SSD to M2 drive on my windows 10 Pro system. I cloned my windows to it. Are there any special settings etc to make the M2 run as fast as they say they can? So far I don't see an improvement. Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates 32 GB of DDR 5 ram...
  7. Spinning wheel on Asus Motherboards, either with M2 or SSD drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spinning wheel on Asus Motherboards, either with M2 or SSD drives: I have 3 computers that I built all with Asus motherboards. Each one takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to restart. They do come back up but usually after about a half hour of the black Asus bios splash screen and the Windows 10 spinning wheel. I can't for the live of me figure it out. It...
  8. Upgrading Laptop to SSD Hard Drive

Upgrading Laptop to SSD Hard Drive: Last year I bought a windows 10 laptop from a high street store. It has become a bit slow and I want to upgrade its HDD to a solid state one. I want to ideally transfer all my files over too. I will no longer be using the old HDD. So how do I do this? I didn't get any media...
  9. Upgrading to SSD drive

Upgrading to SSD drive: I plan to upgrade my laptops HD to an SSD. I was going to buy a Samsung drive because it has the cloning software but to give my new installation the best chance, I was planning to do the following: back up all my files onto an external HD; reset windows on my pc to its...
  10. Install after upgrading to SSD drive

Install after upgrading to SSD drive: I have a desktop one with windows 10 and the other with windows 7. I like to install a SSD drive on the window 7 PC and put 7 back on or if i have to install windows 10. Does anyone have any idea what the best way to go about this. I wanted to keep one of my pc with windows 7...