Windows 10: upgrading SSD and install windows 10

Discus and support upgrading SSD and install windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; if i will replace my ssd with a new one, when i install win10 it will be still genuine?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jake sison, Oct 20, 2020.

1. upgrading SSD and install windows 10

if i will replace my ssd with a new one, when i install win10 it will be still genuine?

:)

jake sison, Oct 20, 2020

2. Win 10 clean install question

This is what I would do:
    • Shrink the hard drive partition until it's small enough to fit on the SSD.
    • Clone the Windows 8.1 setup to the SSD.
    • Boot off the SSD and make sure that Windows 8.1 is happy (i.e., no complaints about activation).
    • Upgrade to Windows 10 on the SSD.
    This way, you know that Windows 8.1 has a valid setup on the SSD before doing anything else. Plus, the Windows 10 upgrade will be processed much faster on the SSD. Finally, you still have the hard drive setup to fall back to if anything goes wrong.

Static~Charge, Oct 20, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 20, 2020
  4. upgrading SSD and install windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

upgrading SSD and install windows 10

1. upgrading SSD and install windows 10 - Similar Threads - upgrading SSD install

2. cannot upgrade ssd and install windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot upgrade ssd and install windows: I'm having a problem with the Lenovo flex 5 I just bought, I was planning on installing a larger ssd as it came with a 256gb nvme ssd... I can install the ssd physically and the computer recognizes my new samsung drive but when I try to boot to the Windows 11 installation...
  3. cannot upgrade ssd and install windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot upgrade ssd and install windows: I'm having a problem with the Lenovo flex 5 I just bought, I was planning on installing a larger ssd as it came with a 256gb nvme ssd... I can install the ssd physically and the computer recognizes my new samsung drive but when I try to boot to the Windows 11 installation...
  4. Windows 10 installation in SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installation in SSD: Hello guys,I have 120GB SSD install in my pc with 1Tb hard disk in Caddy. I'm trying to install windows 10 in my ssd but i got error we couldn't create a partition or locate an existing one.I tried with disk part clean command for ssd drive but still got same error. Please...
  5. Windows 10 installation in SSD

Windows 10 installation in SSD: Hello guys,I have 120GB SSD install in my pc with 1Tb hard disk in Caddy. I'm trying to install windows 10 in my ssd but i got error we couldn't create a partition or locate an existing one.I tried with disk part clean command for ssd drive but still got same error. Please...
  6. Windows 10 Install SSD

Windows 10 Install SSD: Windows 10 install Using a 32gb 3.0 usb format default with Microsoft creation tool windows downloaded onto it. Trying to download onto a nvme m.2 980 500gb ssd.Pc recognises drive, setup starts, installs onto unallocated drive. The drive then won't boot up to the next part...
  7. Windows 10 Install SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install SSD: Windows 10 install Using a 32gb 3.0 usb format default with Microsoft creation tool windows downloaded onto it. Trying to download onto a nvme m.2 980 500gb ssd.Pc recognises drive, setup starts, installs onto unallocated drive. The drive then won't boot up to the next part...
  8. Upgrading laptop to SSD after Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrading laptop to SSD after Windows 10 installation: Hello all, I have a Dell laptop, XPS L501X, and have just upgraded it to Windows 10 (v 1903). The computer is 64bit, 8GB installed RAM, Intel i5 CPU and bought in 2011/12. All seems to be going surprisingly well and I feel the upgrade has given the computer a new...
  9. failed installation after ssd upgrade

failed installation after ssd upgrade: Hi I upgraded my Dell all in one PC to ssd, and then i installed windows through a usb flash drive, after the installation windows restarted and then stayed by the opening page where it says dell... it would not move to startup.... i tried restarting it a couple times,...
  10. Install after upgrading to SSD drive

Install after upgrading to SSD drive: I have a desktop one with windows 10 and the other with windows 7. I like to install a SSD drive on the window 7 PC and put 7 back on or if i have to install windows 10. Does anyone have any idea what the best way to go about this. I wanted to keep one of my pc with windows 7...