Windows 10: Upgrading SSD in laptop

Discus and support Upgrading SSD in laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a dell laptop with 128g ssd. I want to upgrade this to 512gb ssd. How do I keep my W11 pro license?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andrew Stewart2, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Upgrading SSD in laptop

I have a dell laptop with 128g ssd. I want to upgrade this to 512gb ssd. How do I keep my W11 pro license?

:)

Andrew Stewart2, Nov 17, 2022

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Nov 17, 2022
  3. Upgrading laptop hard drive to ssd

I'm upgrading my old Asus Q200e laptop's hard drive to a PNY SSD Page Not Found | pny.com , following this tutorial. (As an aside, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 due to a slight slowdown in boot times.) Aside from using different products than the ones listed in the tutorial, I've followed every step to the letter.

However, when I swapped out the HDD with the SSD, the computer does not recognize the new SSD as the boot drive. Instead, upon turning on the machine, the system goes into a strange BIOS-esque utility called "Aptio Setup Utility" that doesn't list the SSD at all. It does, however, list the boot manager from the old HDD I have plugged into a hard drive USB enclosure. I've tried looking up the answer online to no avail.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Charlie Gao, Nov 17, 2022
  4. n-ster Win User

Upgrading SSD in laptop

n-ster, Nov 17, 2022
Thema:

Upgrading SSD in laptop

1. Upgrading SSD in laptop - Similar Threads - Upgrading SSD laptop

2. Upgrading SSD in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading SSD in laptop: I have a dell laptop with 128g ssd. I want to upgrade this to 512gb ssd. How do I keep my W11 pro license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-ssd-in-laptop/cf84958b-7df9-4e07-a86d-9e2d499c3bc1
  3. Poor laptop performance after SSD upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor laptop performance after SSD upgrade: Hello, I own an Asus Laptop which initially had a 1 HDD with a DVD Drive slot. After a year I decided to install an SSD. So I went to a computer repair shop and asked to replace the DVD Drive with a SATA SSD. But I don't know why he did this. He opened the DVD writer; fine....
  4. Poor laptop performance after SSD upgrade

Poor laptop performance after SSD upgrade: Hello, I own an Asus Laptop which initially had a 1 HDD with a DVD Drive slot. After a year I decided to install an SSD. So I went to a computer repair shop and asked to replace the DVD Drive with a SATA SSD. But I don't know why he did this. He opened the DVD writer; fine....
  5. upgrading laptop SSD with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrading laptop SSD with Windows 11?: I want upgrade my laptop currently running windows 10 pro ssd500gb to a new ssd1tb and want to install windows11 on the new SSD my laptop meets all requirements but have not done so yetand want to check, will MS recognize my laptop and previous Windows 10 pro once installed...
  6. upgrading laptop SSD with Windows 11?

upgrading laptop SSD with Windows 11?: I want upgrade my laptop currently running windows 10 pro ssd500gb to a new ssd1tb and want to install windows11 on the new SSD my laptop meets all requirements but have not done so yetand want to check, will MS recognize my laptop and previous Windows 10 pro once installed...
  7. Upgrade Laptop HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Laptop HDD to SSD: I want to replace the slow HDD in my Dell refurb Latitude laptop with an SSD. Win 10 Pro product key is on sticker on bottom of computer. Do I just clone the HDD to SSD or do something else?...
  8. Upgrade Laptop SSD but retain original windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Laptop SSD but retain original windows.: I own Lenovo Legion Y530. i5 8th GenGTX 1050ti1 TB SATA HDD128 GB NvMe M.2 SSDI want to upgrade my laptop's SSD from 128 GB to 256 GB. I have original Licensed windows on my 128 GB SSD.When I upgrade it to 256 GB SSD, can someone help me with how do I retail my original...
  9. Upgrading Laptop to SSD Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Laptop to SSD Hard Drive: Last year I bought a windows 10 laptop from a high street store. It has become a bit slow and I want to upgrade its HDD to a solid state one. I want to ideally transfer all my files over too. I will no longer be using the old HDD. So how do I do this? I didn't get any media...
  10. Upgrade Samsung Laptop HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade Samsung Laptop HDD to SSD: Evening All, I would like to upgrade this ole Samsung Laptop, with a Samsung 850 EVO SSD, but I'm not sure because of the iSSD P4 8GB (used for Express Cache). I know I won't need it anymore, but is there going to be conflicts/issues ? Specs: Operating System Windows...