Windows 10: Upgrading SSD in my notebook using 2 year old media

Discus and support Upgrading SSD in my notebook using 2 year old media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi.. I'm upgrading the SSD in my Dell notebook from a 256 to a 500gb. I created a bootable thumb drive using the Media Creation Tool about 2~ years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ddiehl, Apr 24, 2019.

1. ddiehl Win User

Upgrading SSD in my notebook using 2 year old media

Hi..

I'm upgrading the SSD in my Dell notebook from a 256 to a 500gb. I created a bootable thumb drive using the Media Creation Tool about 2~ years ago.. Wondering if it will still grab any updates during the install, or if I should create a new one. I know the obvious answer is to create a new one, but I'm still curious if the older one would work and once installed, update to the latest revision..

Thanks in advance..

:)

ddiehl, Apr 24, 2019

2. I have 2 years old HP Ipaq MDA. Can I upgrade it to Windows 7 ?

I have 2 years old HP Ipaq MDA. Can I upgrade it to Windows 7 ? I cannot find any link with list of compatible devices (mobile phones) and upgrade programs...

Charlie K., Apr 24, 2019
  3. WesKlatt Win User
    Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Upgrading SSD in my notebook using 2 year old media

Corsair Announces SSD Upgrade Kit for Notebooks

Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the immediate availability of the Force Series 3 SSD Notebook Upgrade Kits. The kits, available in sizes of 120 GB and 240 GB, provide users with an easy, affordable way to upgrade their laptops to a solid-state drive (SSD) for improved performance, battery life, and reliability.

Corsair SSDs provide significant advantages over standard hard drives. The solid-state design enables SSDs to deliver faster data read and write speeds which can reduce software load and PC startup times. And because SSDs have no moving mechanical parts, they help laptops run cooler, run longer on batteries, and resist data loss from bumps.

Upgrading SSD in my notebook using 2 year old media corsair_force_series_3_uk_01_thm.jpg

Upgrading SSD in my notebook using 2 year old media corsair_force_series_3_uk_02_thm.jpg

Upgrading SSD in my notebook using 2 year old media corsair_force_series_3_uk_03_thm.jpg

Force Series 3 SSD Notebook Upgrade Kits simplify the process of upgrading a notebook from a hard drive to an SSD drive. The kit includes a USB-to-SATA cable and easy-to-use migration software for transferring existing operating system, application, and data files from an old hard drive to the new SSD. The new SSDs come in a slim 7 mm high case designed to fit in most space-constrained laptops.

"Laptop owners have become more aware of the performance, power efficiency, and reliability of SSDs but many have been put off by the complexity of moving their existing data," said Thi La, Vice President of Memory Products at Corsair. "The new Force Series 3 SSD Notebook Upgrade Kits simplify the data migration process, making upgrading to an SSD easier than ever."

Pricing and Availability
    Force Series 3 SSD Notebook Upgrade Kits are affordably priced with an MSRP in the United States of $139.99 USD for the 120 GB model and $259.99 USD for the 240 GB model. Both drives are available immediately worldwide.

For more information on the Force Series 3 SSD Notebook Upgrade Kits, please visit:
    Corsair

Cristian_25H, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading SSD in my notebook using 2 year old media

1. Upgrading SSD in my notebook using 2 year old media - Similar Threads - Upgrading SSD notebook

2. Delete Old Notebooks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Old Notebooks: If I open OneNote for Windows on my Desktop and select "More Notebooks", I see a list of old Notebooks that have not been accessed for in some cases years. If I try and open them I get an error saying that the notes could not be opened. Since I cant open them, I can't delete...
  3. M.2 ssd upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 ssd upgrade: Hi, Im new to the world of ssd and pc upgrades today im going to install an m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop and keep my old hard drive so my question is if i unplug the hard drive put in the m.2 nvme ssd install windows on it and then plug the hard drive again do i lose any data of...
  4. M.2 ssd upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 ssd upgrade: Hi, Im new to the world of ssd and pc upgrades today im going to install an m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop and keep my old hard drive so my question is if i unplug the hard drive put in the m.2 nvme ssd install windows on it and then plug the hard drive again do i lose any data of...
  5. M.2 ssd upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Using old SSD for backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using old SSD for backups: Not a question, just wanted to share. I bought a Samsung 860 Evo a few months ago and have been using it since (thanks to those who helped with that). I kept my old SSD and recently purchased an enclosure for it. Previously I had been imaging to a 10 year old HDD. Images took...
  7. surface pro.. 2 years old..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro.. 2 years old..: help needed plz..locked out of surface pro ,tried the hold shift button then restart..i get thru to full recovery trouble shoot save your files ..but nothing works ..factory reset .any ideas ..local repair shops don't want to know .....
  8. I forgot my old notebook password. My old notebook is lost.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my old notebook password. My old notebook is lost.: [ATTACH]I forgot my old notebook password. My old notebook is lost. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-old-notebook-password-my-old-notebook/8e09d36a-c234-431f-a31a-2d7453fa20cf
  9. Use for old SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use for old SSD: I have a new computer coming with an SSD and HDD. I have an old 256GB SSD from the old system that is in good condition and I have an external box with a SATA/USB connection. Is there any good use for the old SSD? 109554
  10. My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old

in Windows 10 Support
    My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old: I got my HP Pavilion in October 2015 as a birthday present. It's 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, Windows 10, AMD A10 processor, 64 bit. It was working really well for a little while, but a few weeks ago I started noticing problems and now... well, they have gotten much worse....