Windows 10: upgrading to 10 but have no usb support

Discus and support upgrading to 10 but have no usb support in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi , I upgraded my Mb and cpu ....MSI B450 A pro max and AMD Ryzen 3200G. My OS is Windows 7 and was surprised to find out after adding these that 7 is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zeejay, Feb 24, 2020.

1. zeejay Win User

upgrading to 10 but have no usb support

Hi , I upgraded my Mb and cpu ....MSI B450 A pro max and AMD Ryzen 3200G.
    My OS is Windows 7 and was surprised to find out after adding these that 7 is not supported hence why usb ports have no drivers, think that's why usb stick is not showing on my computer,also my wireless mouse of course is also unusable.
    So my question is can I borrow a windows 10 disc and add my windows 7 product code..would this work as an upgrade?
    My keyboard is working because lucky enough that's ps/2 connection..only one ps/2 connection on Mb board .
    So folks I am a bit lost here,I am no expert on these matters,hence why I am here, so any good suggestions will be greatfull.
    Cheers

:)

zeejay, Feb 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. upgrading to 10 but have no usb support - Similar Threads - upgrading usb support

2. upgrade path is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade path is not supported: this is the message i get when upgrading upgrade path is not supported close setup and re launce from the root of the media or go back and pick a differencvt installation choice what does that mean my machine is running win 11 but it says that i cant run windows how to fix i...
  3. upgrade path is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade path is not supported: this is the message i get when upgrading upgrade path is not supported close setup and re launce from the root of the media or go back and pick a differencvt installation choice what does that mean my machine is running win 11 but it says that i cant run windows how to fix i...
  4. This upgrade path is not supported – Windows 11/10 Upgrade error

in Windows 10 News
    This upgrade path is not supported – Windows 11/10 Upgrade error: [ATTACH]When you try to upgrade to Windows 11 or to the latest version/build of Windows 10 from Windows 7/8.1/10, you may receive the error message This upgrade path is not supported preventing you from proceeding and completing the upgrade operation on your device. This post...
  5. USB Driver Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Driver Support: Hello All I have an issue with Windows 10 64 bit, and the Generic USB hub driver provided by Microsoft. The problem seems to be isolated to only a few PC's, as I did verify that the driver usbhub3.sys installed correctly and worked as expected on another Windows 10 PC....
  6. upgrading to 10 but have no usb support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to 10 but have no usb support: Hi , I upgraded my Mb and cpu ....MSI B450 A pro max and AMD Ryzen 3200G. My OS is Windows 7 and was surprised to find out after adding these that 7 is not supported hence why usb ports have no drivers, think that's why usb stick is not showing on my computer,also my wireless...
  7. USB Printing Support

USB Printing Support: when i connected Printronix S809 USB cable into the PC, the USB Printing supports in the device manager gets yellow color ! mark and when update the drivers from the Microsoft Updates its get installed, next day when we power on the desktop again its gives same error and...
  8. USB does not have power after upgrading to Windows 10

USB does not have power after upgrading to Windows 10: I recently upgraded a Windows 7 Pro computer to Windows 10 Pro. I am having a problem with the USB port not charging my phone or my tablet. I can transfer files, but not charge. I used to charge all of the time when I had Win 7 Pro loaded on the computer. The computer is...
  9. USB Device Not Supported

USB Device Not Supported: This has become another frustrating Windows10 problem. Suddenly getting note that the last USB device I installed isn't recognized, or words to that effect. I have followed recommendations to delete USB devices and that didn't work. I have checked for new drivers for all...
  10. No USB 3.0 support on Asus Sabertooth Z87 after upgrade

No USB 3.0 support on Asus Sabertooth Z87 after upgrade: Hi, this is driving me crazy for over a week now and i just can't find any solution . Upgraded from Windows 8.1 went pretty smoothly except for my USB 3.0 ports and i just can't find the right drivers or windows won't let me install them. The ports in the back of the...