Windows 10: Upgrading to 10 Pro

Discus and support Upgrading to 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Are any files, photos and or installed programs lost during the process of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HiGoodDay, May 4, 2021 at 8:52 PM.

1. HiGoodDay Win User

Upgrading to 10 Pro

Are any files, photos and or installed programs lost during the process of upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro?

:)

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 4, 2021 at 8:55 PM
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

4. Upgrading to 10 Pro

Cant get Win 10 to upgrade to Pro after HD failure

Hi Christopher,

You can upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by using Windows 10 Pro digital license or product key. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Did your device came with Windows 8 pre-installed?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article to

upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

In case that you'll experience an activation issue, we recommend that you follow the steps on this article:

Using the Activation troubleshooter
    . Choose the method that fits to your situation.

We will look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, May 4, 2021 at 8:55 PM
Thema:

Upgrading to 10 Pro

1. Upgrading to 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Upgrading Pro

2. Already have Windows 10 pro OS with lifetime validity and want to upgrade with new pc which...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Already have Windows 10 pro OS with lifetime validity and want to upgrade with new pc which...: I have the Microsoft Windows 10 Pro with lifetime validity but this computer has some serious hardware issues and I need a new laptop which already have pre-installed with windows 10 home with lifetime validity. Now my question is, If I have to re configure or upgrade my new...
  3. upgrading win 10 home to Pro.

upgrading win 10 home to Pro.: I already have WIN 10 PRO and HOME, How do I upgrade HOME to PRO without buying it again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-win-10-home-to-pro/6e195669-fa02-47ab-9d96-41e129a3904c
  4. System restore after Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System restore after Pro upgrade: I bought a laptop with Windows Home. Wanted to run Hyper-V so I upgraded that to Windows Pro through Microsoft Store. Got that working but it leaves me wondering... If I had to reset to factory install, would I loose the Windows Pro upgrade, and have to pay $99 again, or...
  5. what to do for upgrading windows 10 home to PRO

what to do for upgrading windows 10 home to PRO: Hi all,I'm a bit confused about what to do to upgrade a win10 home to PROI have to buy a digital license? a product key? and where?And more,I haven't still understood how much it costs... is it possible to find digital license at 11$ and from store at 99$why this difference?...
  6. Windows 10 Pro upgrade license

Windows 10 Pro upgrade license: I just bought a new computer with an OEM license for Windows 10 Home, and 'm planning to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the $99 upgrade in Windows Store. After I upgrade, will the new Windows 10 Pro license be an OEM license tied to the motherboard or a retail license tied...
  7. Window 10 Pro upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate VSS does not work

Window 10 Pro upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate VSS does not work: I have a Windows 10 installation that I cannot backup because I get a VSS error x80004306.I have checked VSS is working Automatic and ON. There is 100 Gig on 1TB SSD of disk space for snapshot. I have checked almost everything I can find on the web. But no luck.Also I...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Fails. Troubleshooter Fails.

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Fails. Troubleshooter Fails.: The purchase through Windows store was successful. I got no email for confirmation and no KEY. I get that Windows will handle the digital license through the Store but it is screwing up, and I need the key. In system settings - Activation, it says "We can't activate...
  9. Upgrading W10 Pro 1909 to 20H2 creates an extra partition on my SSD

Upgrading W10 Pro 1909 to 20H2 creates an extra partition on my SSD: Just upgraded my ThinkPad T450s from 1909 to Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928) allowing Windows to do its own thing through Windows Update - no major problems, just typical niggles. However, I seem to have an extra partition on my 1 TB Crucial SSD I've created images...
  10. Misleading upgrade of windows 10 pro option

Misleading upgrade of windows 10 pro option: Bought windows 10 home and then later used upgrade to pro option. On that page, it doesn't show upgrade license can be transferred to another system. I found this only after contacting support. Even in the license agreement, transfer clause doesn't state this information...