Windows 10: Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

Discus and support Upgrading to 32 GB RAM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have 16 GB RAM ( Two 8 GB sticks) and in the near future I want to upgrade to 32 GB RAM. Can I put another two 8 GB sticks near my other two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Edward, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Edward Win User

Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

Hi all, I have 16 GB RAM ( Two 8 GB sticks) and in the near future I want to upgrade to 32 GB RAM. Can I put another two 8 GB sticks near my other two or should I remove both 8 GB sticks and replace them by two 16 GB sticks? Thanks. My motherboard is ROG STRIX B360-H Gaming and CPU is i9 9900K

:)

Edward, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Edward Win User

Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

Hi all, I have 16 GB RAM ( Two 8 GB sticks) and in the near future I want to upgrade to 32 GB RAM. Can I put another two 8 GB sticks near my other two or should I remove both 8 GB sticks and replace them by two 16 GB sticks? Thanks. My motherboard is ROG SRIX B360-H Gaming and CPU is i9 9900K

Edward, Nov 22, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

A computer that I got from HP came with different manufacturers:

Code:
    Upgrading to 32 GB RAM [​IMG]

It's recommended that you get matching RAM modules unless you have a guarantee for compatibility.

Mismatched RAM or RAM that is not on the Qualified Vendor List (QVL) can cause unexpected shutdowns and restarts.

Crucial provides a compatibility guarantee:
    Crucial System Scanner | Crucial.com

zbook, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

I have installed 32 gb of ram but only 15,9 are available

many thanks for your reply and help!

unfortunately your ideas didn`t solved the problem but finally i resolved the problem with ammount of Ram. The steps:

1. upgrade of Bios to the last version. (I`m still waiting for the day when my mobo will see the real freqvensies of ram at 2400 not 2133 mhz Upgrading to 32 GB RAM :) )

2. I took away 3 of the sticks of ram , restarted the pc, and put back one by one and every time checking the amount of ram, so finally my pc says on sistem properties 32 gb of ram, totally amount of instaled Ram.

so the issue solved!

many thanks for your help!

sorry for my english!

IahimSobod, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

1. Upgrading to 32 GB RAM - Similar Threads - Upgrading RAM

2. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  3. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  4. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

6. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade: I have an Acer ES1-512-C88M Laptop that I am trying to upgrade it's RAM. The first time I put the new RAM in there, it worked for a 2 or 3 restarts, but after leaving it on sleep mode for about 2 hours, the next time I turned the computer on, the light just turned on and that...
  7. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade: I have an Acer ES1-512-C88M Laptop that I am trying to upgrade it's RAM. The first time I put the new RAM in there, it worked for a 2 or 3 restarts, but after leaving it on sleep mode for about 2 hours, the next time I turned the computer on, the light just turned on and that...
  8. Acer ES1512 w. Windows 10 Laptop Won't Turn On After RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...: I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install windows 11 on the pc I'm upgrading from 10 without using the original hardrive and without purchasing a new license?I'm theoretically using the same system to upgrade to 11. i don't want...
  10. I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...

I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install...: I am upgrading my pc with a new motherboard, processor, ram, and hard drive. can install windows 11 on the pc I'm upgrading from 10 without using the original hardrive and without purchasing a new license?I'm theoretically using the same system to upgrade to 11. i don't want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have laptop that rums 2666mhz ram i recently upgraded 16 gb to 32 gb do i need to updatedriver