Windows 10: Upgrading to Microsoft window home to Pro

Discus and support Upgrading to Microsoft window home to Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my old laptop which came with windows 10 home pre-installed to Pro by buying a separate license from the Microsoft store. I have new laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RubanSL, Feb 26, 2021.

1. RubanSL Win User

Upgrading to Microsoft window home to Pro

I upgraded my old laptop which came with windows 10 home pre-installed to Pro by buying a separate license from the Microsoft store. I have new laptop windows 10 home pre-installed and I want to upgrade to windows pro. Can't I use the windows pro upgrade license I purchased for old PC in New PC.

1 I did not receive any Key via e-mail and I cannot locate the key in order history it shows the order number but not the key.

Thanks

Please help...

:)

RubanSL, Feb 26, 2021
  2. Ravenas Win User

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

All of this doesn't matter what so ever. The fact is Windows 8 tablets are priced way too high. People are going to by the iPad long before they ever buy these simply because of price point. Microsoft had a great idea to have the same UI across all of their devices, but they are dead in the water due to price.

Ravenas, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Octavean Win User

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

The Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based Windows 7 tablet and Samsung Series 7 Windows 7 (Core i5) tablet series pricing were slightly more expensive then the Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets. So a price break is already there.

People suggesting The Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets should be cheaper seem to think or suggest that products like this never existed before or are unprecedented when they are in fact only the latest generation.

Or perhaps you are confusing them with cheaper less powerful ARM based tablets,…

This statement isn’t completely accurate or possibly outright wrong. You are likely confusing the Windows RT based Microsoft Surface tablet with the as of yet unreleased Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro tablet.

The average Windows 8 Pro 64bit install footprint is likely greater then 16GB. The Windows 8 Pro 32bit install footprint may fit into a 16GB envelope but I don’t think OEMs will choose to go that route. However, if the Microsoft Surface Pro is anything like the Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based tablet PC then the installed mSATA SSD is user upgradeable. I can upgrade the default OEM 64GB mSATA SSD on my Asus model to ~240GB / ~256GB or greater. I can also upgrade the Bluetooth / WiFi module to support IEEE 802.11ac,….

Octavean, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Upgrading to Microsoft window home to Pro - Similar Threads - Upgrading Microsoft window

2. upgrade windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade windows home to pro: I have bought windows pro from store. but didn't got any page to upgrade to 11 pro. Just got a mail for purchase confirmation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-home-to-pro/fd37c4d3-9398-44b9-ba92-4bc885781307
  3. upgrade windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade windows home to pro: I have bought windows pro from store. but didn't got any page to upgrade to 11 pro. Just got a mail for purchase confirmation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-home-to-pro/fd37c4d3-9398-44b9-ba92-4bc885781307
  4. Windows Home to Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Home to Pro Upgrade: I have a computer that came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed, can I upgrade it to Pro using an OEM/OEI license I have a sealed one lying around? Is that legal, or would I need a GGK license?...
  5. Windows Home to Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Home to Pro Upgrade: I have a computer that came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed, can I upgrade it to Pro using an OEM/OEI license I have a sealed one lying around? Is that legal, or would I need a GGK license?...
  6. Windows Home to Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. home to pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    home to pro upgrade: Looking and getting a new w10 or w11 home box i need to upgrade it to the pro version but cannot find the cost of such, any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-to-pro-upgrade/993c1c08-a3ad-4361-ab7f-a74bed0e7e13
  8. Upgrade Home to Pro

Upgrade Home to Pro: I understand that my Microsoft Account allows me to install Windows 10 on multiple computers. I currently have one desktop and two laptops running Windows 10 Pro v. 1909. One of those laptops is dying and I have replaced it with a new laptop with Windows 10 Home v.1909...
  9. Microsoft Windows Pro Upgrade from Home Download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Windows Pro Upgrade from Home Download: Hello. I purchased two upgrades to Windows 10 Pro for my Desktop and newly purchased Surface 10. The download and activation for the Surface 10 went smoothly but the Desktop had downloaded Windows Enterprise it seems so I cannot get the Windows to activate. Need some help...
  10. Microsoft Windows 10 home to Upgrade Pro

Microsoft Windows 10 home to Upgrade Pro: Try to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro Have Key, Keeps giving me an error saying something went wrong try later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-10-home-to-upgrade-pro/13f91785-495b-468e-91a1-3a2542245653