Windows 10: Upgrading to new computer and transfering data from Windows 10 pro to Windows 11 home

Discus and support Upgrading to new computer and transfering data from Windows 10 pro to Windows 11 home in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My current machine has an i7 6th generation processor and a 5,400 hard drive withe 12 Gb Ram. It came with Windows 10 home OEM but I have installed my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SouthEssex, May 26, 2024.

1. Upgrading to new computer and transfering data from Windows 10 pro to Windows 11 home

My current machine has an i7 6th generation processor and a 5,400 hard drive withe 12 Gb Ram. It came with Windows 10 home OEM but I have installed my own licenced version of Windows 10 professional. It often freezes and is very slow. In addition I have had two occassions when the computer has re-configured Windows 10 professional and put into place a version which a loaded programmes I do not want and b would only allow me to action only one programme - MS Edge. The first time this happened I had to re-instate Windows and the second time it went back to my version after a hard switch off

:)

SouthEssex, May 26, 2024
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 26, 2024
  3. JBryan41 Win User
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

Want to upgrade 11 Home to 11 Pro. Tried download, but apparently files transferred were for 11 Enterprise. This will not activate; error is "invalid digital license or product key". This is on a new Surface. How to proceed?

Can withdraw/delete this. The suggestion to downgrade - listed below - with a 'fake' windows 10 key works.

JBryan41, May 26, 2024
  4. Upgrading to new computer and transfering data from Windows 10 pro to Windows 11 home

Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer

Hi

Back in April 2022 I decided to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Pro on my stationary computer.

I did so by buying the upgrade in the Microsoft Store App.

The installation / upgrade went smooth.
    The only communication from Microsoft that I got was a receipt of the purchase via email. This email does not include any product license key. And from what I have understood, this is normal when you purchase an upgrade through the store.

But it also means that I have no idea what that product key is.

For various reasons I now needed to replace my desktop with a laptop.

The new laptop came with Windows 11 Home installed on it and naturally I want to transfer my Pro upgrade to this new computer.

But even if I go in to the Microsoft Store App and go to the Windows 11 Pro Upgrade product, it only shows that I can either buy it (again) or I can select that I already have a product key, which I don't.

So how exactly can I transfer my Pro Upgrade license to my new laptop and take it off my old computer (if that is required?).

Cheers

Rickard71_852, May 26, 2024
Thema:

Upgrading to new computer and transfering data from Windows 10 pro to Windows 11 home

1. Upgrading to new computer and transfering data from Windows 10 pro to Windows 11 home - Similar Threads - Upgrading computer transfering

2. Upgrading to new computer and transfering data from Windows 10 pro to Windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to new computer and transfering data from Windows 10 pro to Windows 11 home: My current machine has an i7 6th generation processor and a 5,400 hard drive withe 12 Gb Ram. It came with Windows 10 home OEM but I have installed my own licenced version of Windows 10 professional. It often freezes and is very slow. In addition I have had two occassions...
  3. Transfer Windows 11 Pro License from one computer to a new computer with Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro License from one computer to a new computer with Windows 11 Home: I have a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 11 Pro. This computer was upgraded from Windows 10 Pro. The License is a digital license and NOT linked to any Microsoft account and "slmgr /dvl" says Product Key Channel: Retail. The hardware is failing on the XPS, so I ordered an Asus...
  4. Transfer Windows 11 Pro License from one computer to a new computer with Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro License from one computer to a new computer with Windows 11 Home: I have a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 11 Pro. This computer was upgraded from Windows 10 Pro. The License is a digital license and NOT linked to any Microsoft account and "slmgr /dvl" says Product Key Channel: Retail. The hardware is failing on the XPS, so I ordered an Asus...
  5. Transferring files and data from windows 10 to a new computer with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring files and data from windows 10 to a new computer with windows 11: Can you use recovery and backup to get files and data from a windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-files-and-data-from-windows-10-to-a/2497ea1b-2ccb-4fe7-9d6a-1efe44ffc21e
  6. Transferring files and data from windows 10 to a new computer with windows 11

Transferring files and data from windows 10 to a new computer with windows 11: Can you use recovery and backup to get files and data from a windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-files-and-data-from-windows-10-to-a/2497ea1b-2ccb-4fe7-9d6a-1efe44ffc21e
  7. Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer: HiBack in April 2022 I decided to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Pro on my stationary computer.I did so by buying the upgrade in the Microsoft Store App.The installation / upgrade went smooth.The only communication from Microsoft that I got was a receipt of the purchase via...
  8. Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer

Transfer Windows 11 Pro Upgrade to new computer: HiBack in April 2022 I decided to upgrade my Windows 11 Home to Pro on my stationary computer.I did so by buying the upgrade in the Microsoft Store App.The installation / upgrade went smooth.The only communication from Microsoft that I got was a receipt of the purchase via...
  9. windows 10 transfer data to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 transfer data to new computer: Does Windows 10 have an easy transfer option to move data to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-transfer-data-to-new-computer/2df50892-c905-4e72-af14-6d10c38d2d82
  10. Transfer Win 10 Pro upgrade to New Computer with Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Win 10 Pro upgrade to New Computer with Win 10 Home: I have purchased a new computer with Win 10 Home. I have an old computer which was upgraded from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro. It is activated digitally. I want to down grade the old computer to Win 10 Home and upgrade the new one from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro. The cost of...