Windows 10: Upgrading to New Laptop

Discus and support Upgrading to New Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cracked my display so will be upgrading to a new laptop, I know I've seen it before but I'm looking for the tutorial for moving all my stuff over to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Soapm, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Soapm Win User

Upgrading to New Laptop

I cracked my display so will be upgrading to a new laptop, I know I've seen it before but I'm looking for the tutorial for moving all my stuff over to my new laptop to include desktop, outlook PST, firefox bookmarks and most settings if possible. I would like to do this with as minimal setup as possible.

Also, any recommendations on a new laptop with SSD (at least 1tb if possible), 8 gb ram and maybe a i7 processor? Touch screen and small, maybe 14" display would be nice also. I don't do any gaming, mostly web surfing and writing in word.

PS... I use office 2010, anyway to move my license to the new computer? I'm not looking to pay by the month for Office.

:)

Soapm, Feb 8, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Hkcuong Win User

Upgrading to New Laptop

Core 2 Duo for laptop CQ40-314TU

I have found something about CPU Upgrade on the Intel's Website, the manufacturer of my laptop's chipset (GM45 Chipset). Currently, the CPU which this laptop is using (Dual Core T3400) is NOT in this list: Intel® Product Specifications
    The laptop's chipset also support Core 2 Extreme Technology, which I think the latest CPU Technology.
    I have another laptop called Acer Aspire 5572ANWXMi that is using the chipset 945GM which support the T7600 (like you suggested) and it is in this list: Intel® Product Specifications

Hkcuong, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading to New Laptop

1. Upgrading to New Laptop - Similar Threads - Upgrading Laptop

2. What catalogue update do I need to install audio devices on laptop after windows 10 upgrade?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What catalogue update do I need to install audio devices on laptop after windows 10 upgrade?: I had audio prior to upgrade, but haven't had it since. Says no input or output devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-catalogue-update-do-i-need-to-install-audio/c7b4411a-a5e6-4d39-8d6c-2f0e164430df
  3. 2019 Optical Drive Caddy NOT working with windows 10 upgrade for Asus Laptop K53z

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2019 Optical Drive Caddy NOT working with windows 10 upgrade for Asus Laptop K53z: I recently purchased a SilverStone Optical Drive Device conversion tray with 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD bay for laptop. (HDD/SSD Drive Caddy 2.5") Manufacturers Product Description: https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=387 I wanted to have an extra HDD/SSD in my...
  4. Upgrading to a larger NVMe on laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to a larger NVMe on laptop: My laptop has a 256GB NVMe and I'd like to install a 1TB NVMe. After installing the new 1TB NVMe how do I go about reinstalling Win 10? I bought my laptop used so I don't have the Win 10 CDs....
  5. My Laptop fails upgrading Windows 10

My Laptop fails upgrading Windows 10: When reainstalling the windows with USB to keep my files (media creation tool) it shows me this window:[IMG] Can someone tell me how to fix it? Also i cant start my laptop, i literally cant go to desktop. Is there any other way to fix it? I had that problem with blank...
  6. update and upgrade my laptop HP Pavilion

update and upgrade my laptop HP Pavilion: HI my question is: How do I upgrade and update my laptop HP Pavilion dv6929 Notebook when the manufacture no longer support because the model is discontinue?and also ask to update drivers also Intel not give me update because is discontinue . ani tip help apreciate...
  7. HP envy x360 laptop. Onedrive did a major upgrade on Friday and when laptop tirned itself...

HP envy x360 laptop. Onedrive did a major upgrade on Friday and when laptop tirned itself...: HP envy x360 laptop. Onedrive did a major upgrade on Friday and when laptop tirned itself back on, there was no wifi and no sound. air plane mode is locked on (greyed out). no option to select network drivers. have tried to connect with ethernet but it is not letting me...
  8. No sound through diplayport after upgrading to windows 10 on my hp elitebook 8440p laptop

No sound through diplayport after upgrading to windows 10 on my hp elitebook 8440p laptop: Hi After upgrading my laptop to windows 10 i have no sound through my displaport when connecting to an external projector , monitor or tv source. Everything was working fine with windows 7. This is very annoying, i use this old but good laptop for business projects & i don't...
  9. New laptop and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New laptop and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I have a new ASUS laptop with Windows 10 Home which was preinstalled (digital license). I have a DVD copy of Windows 7 Professional (OEM) with an unused (as far as I know) product key. Can I use that key to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional? I tried simply...
  10. Dell laptop with i3 and 1511 - OS Upgradeable?

Dell laptop with i3 and 1511 - OS Upgradeable?: I worked on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series (i3) laptop yesterday. I notice it has the original Win 10 V1511 that it came with when new and has never been upgraded to later Win 10 versions. I did search for updates and it found some but never offered a Win 10 OS upgrade. I...