Windows 10: Upgrading to Pro -> Changed to Enterprise...

Discus and support Upgrading to Pro -> Changed to Enterprise... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I tried to upgrade to Pro from Windows 10 Home SL. I have a license linked to my Microsoft account so I had an install option in the Store. I used this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lssatvik, Oct 11, 2019.

1. lssatvik Win User

Upgrading to Pro -> Changed to Enterprise...

I tried to upgrade to Pro from Windows 10 Home SL. I have a license linked to my Microsoft account so I had an install option in the Store. I used this option.

But now, the settings show Windows 10 Enterprise as the edition. Is this a problem? I don't have any Enterprise subscription. Will my Windows get deactivated as I don't have subscription? How do I get Pro?

Please explain what the below license means. My Laptop came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed.

Upgrading to Pro -> Changed to Enterprise... 30df66e6-a2e1-4b56-b672-66ea972eab1e?upload=true.png

:)

lssatvik, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Awesoft Win User

Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...

Since I changed the product key from Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise:

• Can't update to TH2
    • Can't reinstall Enteprise or Pro ISO's, keeping personal files (this option is disabled because ..."you are installing a different version of Windows").

Upgrading to Pro -> Changed to Enterprise... [​IMG]

So now I have a unknown-hybrid version? *Confused

Awesoft, Oct 11, 2019
  3. in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise

You can go from 10 Pro to 10 Enterprise just by doing a change key on the system page, and entering your Enterprise key. Nothing is lost in the process, the enterprise features are installed and unlocked. It's the same process as going from Home to Pro via change key. If he's running 8.1 Pro,do the free upgrade to 10 Pro, then do a change key to switch to Enterprise. There is no free upgrade for the Enterprise version, you will need a valid Enterprise key to activate it.

alphanumeric, Oct 11, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows10 Home to Enterprise Upgrade Purchased

Hi JohnnyFRX

Can i assume you purchased the Pro upgrade, not the Enterprise upgrade - the Enterprise edition is not for personal use, it is fro companies and organisations . . .

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to System - About

What Edition is listed there, is it Pro or Enterprise?

DaveM121, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgrading to Pro -> Changed to Enterprise... - Similar Threads - Upgrading Pro Changed

2. Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?: I have a windows 10 enterprise key on my computer. However, it is about to expire. If I buy a windows pro 10 key, will I lose computer files? And if I buy the pro key, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11?...
  3. Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?: I have a windows 10 enterprise key on my computer. However, it is about to expire. If I buy a windows pro 10 key, will I lose computer files? And if I buy the pro key, will I be able to upgrade to windows 11?...
  4. Can I upgrade from enterprise to pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrade to pro wont activate, thinks it is enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to pro wont activate, thinks it is enterprise: Just bought a Lenovo Legion with Windows home. Bought upgrade to pro and tried to install. Seemed to install, but would not activate. Now Microsoft thinks I have enterprise installed and won't activate, error: 0xC004C003. I can't set up anything because is says I am not...
  6. Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise: I have a Win 10 Enterprise Key. How to upgrade from Win 10 Pro?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-10-pro-to-enterprise/678ed6cb-4ba7-4e71-9532-002d4c3d9530
  7. Upgrading to Win Pro then stuck at Win Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Win Pro then stuck at Win Enterprise: I went to the Microsoft Store to purchase an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro then suddenly it got an error and got me stuck at Windows 10 Enterprise with no activation key.I'm using the preinstalled version of Windows on a laptop. Also, I made sure to link Windows activation to my...
  8. Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise: Hi I just upgraded a licence from windows10 Home to pro by going through settings-activation settings-upgrade and it took me to Microsoft store after I bought and installed it setting show as windows10 enterprise and it show not activated how can I get the pro version I...
  9. Win10 Upgrade to Pro delivers Enterprise

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 Upgrade to Pro delivers Enterprise: Hi I've had an activated Win10 Home version on a new computer for almost one year and upgraded yesterday to Pro. But at the end of the install process, the windows version is recognized as Enterprise and won't activate. Error code 0x803F7001 troubleshooter does nothing...
  10. in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise: Hi There, I got a request from business user to do in-place upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 PRO or enterprise without him loosing his data . I Have tried the straight forward method through windows logo pop-up which doesn't normally ask for windows licences and that...