Windows 10: Upgrading to Pro from Chinese Single Language Edition

Discus and support Upgrading to Pro from Chinese Single Language Edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I want to change the language from Chinese do I simply purchase a Pro product key, input the product key, install, then change the language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nezumus, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Nezumus Win User

Upgrading to Pro from Chinese Single Language Edition

If I want to change the language from Chinese do I simply purchase a Pro product key, input the product key, install, then change the language settings? Or are there annoying things to do?

:)

Nezumus, Sep 6, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 Home Single Language

Not actually true - you can install a different language version of Home with same licence key, but each install only has one language.

AFAIK a Chinese version is different as the licence is specific to the Chinese language (I assume this is to meet Chinese Government regulations).

cereberus, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Kelvin YK Win User
    Question about Windows 10 Single Language edition

Hi I like to know is Windows 10 single language edition a Home or Pro edition? Let's say I have a Windows 10 single language edition installed with English language, can I see website, filename, document content which is of other languages
    say Chinese language?

Kelvin YK, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Upgrading to Pro from Chinese Single Language Edition

Windows 10 issue: Chinese language popup

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Keyboard language and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps.

• Type Language in the search bar.
    • Launch Edit Language and Keyboard Options from the search list.
    • Under Languages look for the list of language.
    • If you are able to find out the Chinese language, right click on the language and Remove it.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading to Pro from Chinese Single Language Edition

1. Upgrading to Pro from Chinese Single Language Edition - Similar Threads - Upgrading Pro Chinese

2. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home Chinese version Single Language to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home Chinese version Single Language to Windows 11 Pro: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 11 home single language to Windows 11 Pro.I install windows 11 pro to change the language, although my laptop had a windows 11 home key. After upgrading I am able to install a new language, but in activation I get that, I believe it is...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 11 Home Chinese version Single Language to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 11 Home Chinese version Single Language to Windows 11 Pro: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 11 home single language to Windows 11 Pro.I install windows 11 pro to change the language, although my laptop had a windows 11 home key. After upgrading I am able to install a new language, but in activation I get that, I believe it is...
  4. Windows 11 single version chinese change language to english or upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 single version chinese change language to english or upgrade: Hello, I bought a laptop in China, I am struggling to be able to change the language of my system. I don't understand a lot of Chinese, so I want to change the language of display of windows, but I haven't been able to do so. QuestionsI am obligated to buy windows 11 pro? If...
  5. Windows 11 single version chinese change language to english or upgrade

Windows 11 single version chinese change language to english or upgrade: Hello, I bought a laptop in China, I am struggling to be able to change the language of my system. I don't understand a lot of Chinese, so I want to change the language of display of windows, but I haven't been able to do so. QuestionsI am obligated to buy windows 11 pro? If...
  6. Upgrade China laptop from single-language Chinese Windows 11 home to English with no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade China laptop from single-language Chinese Windows 11 home to English with no...: I live in China and plan to buy a new laptop computer. It will have Windows 11 home, single-language chinese. What is the best way to change this so that I just have English?I believe a partial solution would be to do an on-line upgrade. Very likely this will have to be from...
  7. Upgrade China laptop from single-language Chinese Windows 11 home to English with no...

Upgrade China laptop from single-language Chinese Windows 11 home to English with no...: I live in China and plan to buy a new laptop computer. It will have Windows 11 home, single-language chinese. What is the best way to change this so that I just have English?I believe a partial solution would be to do an on-line upgrade. Very likely this will have to be from...
  8. Change language on single language edition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change language on single language edition: [ATTACH] Is there a way to change the language on Windows 10 Single Language edition? I bought my PC while living in China and would prefer it to be in English. I know that this version of Windows is restricted to just one language but it seems wrong that that one language...
  9. Changing language from single language edition

Changing language from single language edition: Hi everyone. I have a laptop i bought a few time ago. It was sold with Chinese Windows home single language edition, so I can’t change the language on the settings. The question i have is can i update the language with a new windows key (not Pro version ) and without...
  10. How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Single Language Edition?

How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Single Language Edition?: I bought the full version of Windows 10 and ran the upgrade executable. Now it's asking me to confirm that I'd like to install Single Language edition, which I'm already running. For background, my PC is an HP Pavilion purchased in Russia. The Windows 10 key I've now bought...