Windows 10: upgrading to SSD

Discus and support upgrading to SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there! I just wanna know if i want to upgrade the hard drive to SSD and my laptop has its own oem windows 10 version. so i want to keep the oem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MuhammadMoataz, Apr 3, 2021.

1. upgrading to SSD

Hi there!

I just wanna know if i want to upgrade the hard drive to SSD and my laptop has its own oem windows 10 version. so i want to keep the oem license and upgrade to SSD. how can i do that?

:)

MuhammadMoataz, Apr 3, 2021

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Morgoth Win User
    im upgrading upgrading to SSD :)

got a new job, means i get enough cash to upgrade *Big Grin upgrading to SSD :D
    this is my list

CPU: Intel Xeon W5590
    GPU: SAPPHIRE HD 7970 3gb

SSD: Sandisk Solid State Drive 64GB
    PCi-e SSD: OCZ RevoDrive 3 series RVD3-FHPX4-240G PCI-E MLC Solid State Drive SSD

anny other suggestions for my system? *Big Grin upgrading to SSD :D

Morgoth, Apr 3, 2021
  4. swarfega Win User

upgrading to SSD

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

upgrading to SSD

1. upgrading to SSD - Similar Threads - upgrading SSD

2. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  3. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  4. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  6. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram: I’ve got a new laptop that I have bought recently and it has been fine until one day it randomly keeps shutting down itself and starting up again out of nowhere every 5 mins. I managed to fix This problem as it didn’t start up properly I just shut it down and started it up...
  7. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

8. system boot error after upgrading ssd and ram

9. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...
  10. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...