Windows 10: Upgrading to win 10 causing problems

Discus and support Upgrading to win 10 causing problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Having upgraded from win 7 to win 10 caused a number of problems most of which have been solved though. However, one particular problem resists any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ViggoMadsen1, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Upgrading to win 10 causing problems

Having upgraded from win 7 to win 10 caused a number of problems most of which have been solved though. However, one particular problem resists any attemps to be loosed.

I cannot open photos and or videos from my facebook friends any more.

I keep getting this message: "Content of this cannot be opened right now" etc, etc.

Think I have followed all instructions but no results achieved.

Hope someone can help.

Viggo.

:)

ViggoMadsen1, Apr 9, 2021
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Can't upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10

Jessen P -- Thanks for responding. I looked at the link you provided, but it just provides a small list of error codes and possible causes for the error. Didn't see any steps to take to resolve the issue. And none of the listed error codes are the
    same as the one I got 0x80070006-0x90016 when I tried to upgrade to win 10.

PhilSaxton, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Upgrading to win 10 causing problems

Windows 10 upgrade causing problem.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The problem occurs because when the system is upgraded the settings will go back to default. I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on Desktop and select “Display Settings”.
    • Under Display settings click on “Advanced Display Settings”.
    • Under resolution select the resolution as ‘1966*1080’ and save the changes.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Upgrading to win 10 causing problems

1. Upgrading to win 10 causing problems - Similar Threads - Upgrading causing problems

2. Win 10 Upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Upgrade problem: Hello ,I have a problem with the upgrade of windows 10 from installation media of windows 10. First, It takes almost 5 minutes to install:Whenever I, install windows 10 then it always stuck my processor and in the screen it is written "Working on updates":After, a lot of...
  3. Win 10 Upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Upgrade problem: Hello ,I have a problem with the upgrade of windows 10 from installation media of windows 10. First, It takes almost 5 minutes to install:Whenever I, install windows 10 then it always stuck my processor and in the screen it is written "Working on updates":After, a lot of...
  4. Win 10 Upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 upgrade problem

Win 10 upgrade problem: I went to upgrade Windows 7 on my Dell desktop utilizing Activation Key and got this error before I had a chance to enter the key. This is the error code 0xc1900101-0x20017...
  6. Windows 10 last upgrade caused a problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 last upgrade caused a problem: I get: windows ran into a problem: Stop code: IRQL_not_less or equal Windows upgraded to Build 19587. rs_prerelease. 2001313-1639 need help it crashes...
  7. Mcafee causing win 10 upgrade to stop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mcafee causing win 10 upgrade to stop.: I was installing win10 upgrade from Win8 and was told Mcafee was incompatible. Uninstalled Mcafee via Revo uninstaller. Rebooted, started upgrade, but same problem. Discovered Mcafee was running via task manager, although no longer installed. I assume it is running online, as...
  8. Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.

Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.: When I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 in 2016 everything worked OK but I couldn't type in the search field for Edge or Cortina. I couldn't find a solution online before the back out period expired so I backed out of the update. I have continued using Win 7 since then. I would...
  9. was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!

was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!: I upgraded win 7 home to win 10... a dell notebook i5 processor 4GB RAM but PC starts OK - shuts downs OK but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!! after blue window icon and before show login screen appears a black screen and PC shows working or downloading - .... after...
  10. installation of win 10 causing problems

installation of win 10 causing problems: I have a hp laptop (model 15 n022sa) and ive been trying to upgrade to windows 10 from 8.1 when i get to the first restart it boots back into windows 8.1 and says installation has failed. I tried doing a fresh install from a dvd by changing the bios to boot into it on...