Windows 10: Upgrading to win 10 in parallels

Discus and support Upgrading to win 10 in parallels in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all not sure if any one can help but I am trying to upgrade from win 7 sp1 pro. 64 bit in parallels but it keeps failing it is setup with 2 gig of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dell, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Dell Win User

Upgrading to win 10 in parallels

Hi all not sure if any one can help but I am trying to upgrade from win 7 sp1 pro. 64 bit in parallels but it keeps failing it is setup with 2 gig of RAM it is the latest parallels 11 .
    l have checked for updates to win 7 but it keeps on checking forever not sure if this the problem but if it is not sure how to solve it . I have tried the standalone updater it is doing the same.
    if anyone can help that would be great thanks in advance
    PS the Windows 7 is activated

:)

2. Win 10 Download tool just stalls at 10%

Upgrading from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Using Parallels 10, and going to this recommended upgrade path link in Explorer:Download Windows 10 ,
    the downloading progress just stalls at 0%

Any other Parallels folks having this issue?

RobertStromberger, Sep 25, 2015
  3. jherder Win User
    Upgrading to windows 10 error code 190101-2000D

I also tried these instructions on my iMac + Parallels 11.0.0 Windows 7 partition. :-(

I used the Parallels Win 10 upgrade download too.

Any other ideas?

jherder, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Dell Win User

5. edwar Win User
    I upgraded a Win 8.1 install running in a Virtual Box virtual machine without any problems that I can detect. But then Virtual Box is running on a Windows 7 host not a Mac.

edwar, Sep 26, 2015
  6. Dell Win User
    The first time I tried with the tutorial in the above link, using option one direct download from m/soft it failed at 2.7gig out of 3.8 gig so then I tried again using the media creation tool it downloaded the iso then I burnt it to DVD installed it over top of my windows 7 on parallels virtual drive that was activated it did not ask me for a product code so I thought I would have to use the genuine ticket xml I created earlier but Windows 10 is already activated so all seems good .
    i will mark as solved

7. snoopy51 Win User
    I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in a Boot Camp. The upgrade went very smoothly. Unfortunately, I encountered Bad_pool_header problem after a few days. Did extensive detective work but failed to stabilize the situation.

Checked with Apple, it turned out my MacBookPro is no longer support in new Boot Camp 6 for Windows 10. I have late 2011 model. What a rotten apple!

So I went back to Windows 7 in Boot Camp and ordered the Parallel 11. I will start to work on it next week!

Do you have any issue under Parallel 11?

snoopy51, Sep 26, 2015
  8. Dell Win User

The only problem I have encountered so far is no USB showing up

Dell, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading to win 10 in parallels - Similar Threads - Upgrading parallels

2. Upgrade to 2004 19041.264 now missing New Folder icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to 2004 19041.264 now missing New Folder icon in File Explorer: Thread title describes the problem. Here is a screen capture to show it. [img] Edit: Just realized I'm also missing the Home and Manage icons. Edit2: Found it. By default, the "New Folder" button is shown in the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT). The QAT includes a...
  3. After purchase Windows 10 pro upgrade....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After purchase Windows 10 pro upgrade....: Hi I purchase a couple days ago a licence to upgrade Windows home to Windows 10 pro and I change my current PC, delete the device from the list of devices and still can't get my windows go. I keeping pop up that I need to buy it again. Why????...
  4. error 0xa0000400 when upgrading to W10-2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    error 0xa0000400 when upgrading to W10-2004: tried to upgrade my lenovo laptop to Windows 10 2004 (from 1909). Laptop is completely up to date, all drivers current and the update utility didn't offer any issues when I went to upgrade. I did a full disk cleanup as well and have plenty of storage space free on c:....
  5. Windows 10 Home Feature upgrade 1903 throttled http traffic down to 150 kilobits, what to do?

Windows 10 Home Feature upgrade 1903 throttled http traffic down to 150 kilobits, what to do?: For a year or two, I have installed Feature upgrades, but they made all browsers Firefox and Edge really slow, so I uninstalled Feature upgrades. Now Windows complains that I can't uninstall anymore, because I won't get security updates. Problem seems to be related to User...
  6. Sorry, the version of OpenGL is too low, please upgrade the graphics driver

in Windows 10 News
    Sorry, the version of OpenGL is too low, please upgrade the graphics driver: [ATTACH]Sometimes, while trying to open an app using Remote Desktop from a different Windows 10 system, the following error message appears – Sorry, the version […] This article Sorry, the version of OpenGL is too low, please upgrade the graphics driver first appeared on...
  7. upgrade 2004

upgrade 2004: during upgrade process I received error code 0xc1900209. What is going on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-2004/b0c673b1-f23a-4d6f-a514-01a880a02501
  8. Digital licence Windows bad upgrade

Digital licence Windows bad upgrade: Has anyone needed come across bad upgrade Windows 10 ? Going through process reinstalling Windows 10 on surface pro 7. I don't have access to orginal product key and have been talking with Microsoft about new digital licence. Can anyone supply me with link, advice ?...
  9. After upgrading from win7 to windows 10, my PC freezes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After upgrading from win7 to windows 10, my PC freezes.: Recently, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10, and since then my system is frozen. The whole computer freezes, the keyboard doesn't work, the mouse doesn't work, nothing at all. I don't have idea what is going on, because there isn't any error messages. Which means I...
  10. What is the quality of upgrade I can expect from an in place upgrade?

What is the quality of upgrade I can expect from an in place upgrade?: I know the question is a little vague in the title but Im not sure how to ask the question in short any other way. Unabridged: I am a firm believer that a fresh install is the best and cleanest way to go, and typically I like to do a clean install once a year... Ive gone...