Windows 10: Upgrading to win 10 in parallels

Discus and support Upgrading to win 10 in parallels in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all not sure if any one can help but I am trying to upgrade from win 7 sp1 pro. 64 bit in parallels but it keeps failing it is setup with 2 gig of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dell, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Dell Win User

Upgrading to win 10 in parallels

Hi all not sure if any one can help but I am trying to upgrade from win 7 sp1 pro. 64 bit in parallels but it keeps failing it is setup with 2 gig of RAM it is the latest parallels 11 .
    l have checked for updates to win 7 but it keeps on checking forever not sure if this the problem but if it is not sure how to solve it . I have tried the standalone updater it is doing the same.
    if anyone can help that would be great thanks in advance
    PS the Windows 7 is activated

:)

2. Win 10 Download tool just stalls at 10%

Upgrading from Win 7 Home to Win 10 Using Parallels 10, and going to this recommended upgrade path link in Explorer:Download Windows 10 ,
    the downloading progress just stalls at 0%

Any other Parallels folks having this issue?

RobertStromberger, Sep 25, 2015
  3. jherder Win User
    Upgrading to windows 10 error code 190101-2000D

I also tried these instructions on my iMac + Parallels 11.0.0 Windows 7 partition. :-(

I used the Parallels Win 10 upgrade download too.

Any other ideas?

jherder, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Dell Win User

5. edwar Win User
    I upgraded a Win 8.1 install running in a Virtual Box virtual machine without any problems that I can detect. But then Virtual Box is running on a Windows 7 host not a Mac.

edwar, Sep 26, 2015
  6. Dell Win User
    The first time I tried with the tutorial in the above link, using option one direct download from m/soft it failed at 2.7gig out of 3.8 gig so then I tried again using the media creation tool it downloaded the iso then I burnt it to DVD installed it over top of my windows 7 on parallels virtual drive that was activated it did not ask me for a product code so I thought I would have to use the genuine ticket xml I created earlier but Windows 10 is already activated so all seems good .
    i will mark as solved

7. snoopy51 Win User
    I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in a Boot Camp. The upgrade went very smoothly. Unfortunately, I encountered Bad_pool_header problem after a few days. Did extensive detective work but failed to stabilize the situation.

Checked with Apple, it turned out my MacBookPro is no longer support in new Boot Camp 6 for Windows 10. I have late 2011 model. What a rotten apple!

So I went back to Windows 7 in Boot Camp and ordered the Parallel 11. I will start to work on it next week!

Do you have any issue under Parallel 11?

snoopy51, Sep 26, 2015
  8. Dell Win User

The only problem I have encountered so far is no USB showing up

Dell, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading to win 10 in parallels - Similar Threads - Upgrading parallels

2. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  3. Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 to Windows 11 Upgrade failure - Cannot fully Install McAfee after failure: A bit of conflict between a windows 10 upgrading to windows 11 update failure discovered while attempting to install McAfee Scanning Tool. Windows error: This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements. The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11....
  4. How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...: Have a very old Dell PC that came with OEM Windows 7 Pro. I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro with a paid license. Later, it was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, with a free upgrade by Microsoft.Now I have Mac Mini M2, and have installed Parallels to run PC applications that I still...
  5. How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...: Have a very old Dell PC that came with OEM Windows 7 Pro. I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro with a paid license. Later, it was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, with a free upgrade by Microsoft.Now I have Mac Mini M2, and have installed Parallels to run PC applications that I still...
  6. How to transfer Win10 license from old PC to Parallels - computer was OEM Win7, upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. How do I upgrade to Windows 11 on my MacBook Air using Parallels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I upgrade to Windows 11 on my MacBook Air using Parallels: How do I upgrade to Windows 11 on my MacBook Air using Parallels https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-to-windows-11-on-my-macbook-air/27616e2f-cf6a-43da-a038-4a21ff27d7e9
  8. How do I upgrade to Windows 11 on my MacBook Air using Parallels

How do I upgrade to Windows 11 on my MacBook Air using Parallels: How do I upgrade to Windows 11 on my MacBook Air using Parallels https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-to-windows-11-on-my-macbook-air/27616e2f-cf6a-43da-a038-4a21ff27d7e9
  9. Problem upgrading to Win 11 on Parallels

Problem upgrading to Win 11 on Parallels: I am running Win 10 on Parallels on a 2019 MacBook Pro. When I try to upgrade I get a message that there is a 'legacy BIOS' and it cannot be upgraded. Can I download Win 11 without having to pay for it? My copy of Win 10 was upgraded from Win 7 on Parallels. The original...
  10. Problem upgrading to Win 11 on Parallels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem upgrading to Win 11 on Parallels: I am running Win 10 on Parallels on a 2019 MacBook Pro. When I try to upgrade I get a message that there is a 'legacy BIOS' and it cannot be upgraded. Can I download Win 11 without having to pay for it? My copy of Win 10 was upgraded from Win 7 on Parallels. The original...