Windows 10: Upgrading to Win-10 on sattelite

Discus and support Upgrading to Win-10 on sattelite in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How in the world can anyone go from Win-7 Pro to Win-10 Pro on a metered Hughes.net satellite system. We are limited to 2GB per month data download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bobby11175, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Upgrading to Win-10 on sattelite

How in the world can anyone go from Win-7 Pro to Win-10 Pro on a metered Hughes.net satellite system. We are limited to 2GB per month data download which we hardly use out here in the Grand Canyon area.. Is there a disc available to direct install? Or switch to a new browser!

:)

Bobby11175, Nov 8, 2019
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Upgrade from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi Roy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this laptop compatible with Windows 10?
    • Are there drivers for Windows 10 for this laptop on HP website?

I would suggest you to temporarily disable/un-install any HP's software if you have installed.

Also, I would suggest you to start the upgrade by un-installing the updated drivers and installing basic windows drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Network/Device adapters, Select the adapter, right click and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Now start the upgrade from an ISO and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Nov 8, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Upgrading to Win-10 on sattelite

Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?

Upgrade to Windows 10 | Tutorials

- best read carefully...

and you will find

dalchina, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading to Win-10 on sattelite

1. Upgrading to Win-10 on sattelite - Similar Threads - Upgrading sattelite

2. No Product Key, Only Product ID after upgrading to Windows10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Product Key, Only Product ID after upgrading to Windows10 pro: Hi Sir, Are we able to have our product key ? Product id is 00300-80000-00000-AA685 Thanks in Advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-product-key-only-product-id-after-upgrading-to/59b55958-89db-47e7-bfce-8ea6eabfb32c"
  3. P7P55D-E LX Asus Motherboard's VIA HD Audio issues after upgrading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    P7P55D-E LX Asus Motherboard's VIA HD Audio issues after upgrading: Recently went from 7 to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. version 1909 (18363.592) My audio still works, but sometimes it stutters a bit if I'm doing certain things. (For instance if I'm listening to music and open up the personalise window, it will stall and then maybe give an error...
  4. 1-1 Clone of Win8.1 HDD didnt work (prep for win10 upgrade)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1-1 Clone of Win8.1 HDD didnt work (prep for win10 upgrade): So my dad did some of his research on gaming oriented hard drives, and he got interested with firecuda desktop drives, so I bought him a 2 TB Firecuda Desktop Drive and it came in today (yes I know there are better ones, but he's adamant on firecuda, and im not touching that...
  5. Where did the 1909 upgrade go?

Where did the 1909 upgrade go?: Yesterday I decided that maybe it was time to update my two W10 machines to 1909, after all it has been around for some time already. Booted my desktop (running 1903) and it just finished applying updates. Then I noticed that the "Upgrade to 1909" was not in the Windows...
  6. Constant BSOD after upgrading from Win7 to Win10 - Bugcheck error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD after upgrading from Win7 to Win10 - Bugcheck error: I upgraded to Win10 from Win7 when Win7 support ended. I was not having any issues with Win7. Win10 Version: 1909 OS Build 18363.592 After upgrading, I get regular BSODs stating CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION. Event Manager shows the error as: The computer has rebooted from a...
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade

Windows 10 Upgrade: Will Windows 10 run with a I7-2630QM Processor ? I will be upgrading from windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade/2cf866eb-2155-481b-8be1-db8b68b4c104
  8. Windows 10 1903 upgrade - 0xC1900101 error

Windows 10 1903 upgrade - 0xC1900101 error: Hi. I have been getting this error since July, and have run all the checks i have read. Reset windows update, downloaded the creation tool separately, remove all USB devices etc. Can someone advise next steps? Thanks Rich...
  9. Upgrading system from Intel to AMD

Upgrading system from Intel to AMD: I have bought a new motherboard, cpu and gpu. I want to keep the data on my ssd and hard drive and do a fresh install of windows when i install all new parts. How do i do it?...
  10. MUST we upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 through Microsoft ONLY?

MUST we upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 through Microsoft ONLY?: If ANY company is selling Windows 10 Home or Pro that is NOT Microsoft, does that mean that it is automatically NOT a legitimate Product Key? So, if you are upgrading from Windows 7, we MUST buy through Microsoft? If so, do we go through Microsoft support to do that? The...