Windows 10: Upgrading to Win-10 on sattelite

Discus and support Upgrading to Win-10 on sattelite in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How in the world can anyone go from Win-7 Pro to Win-10 Pro on a metered Hughes.net satellite system. We are limited to 2GB per month data download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bobby11175, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Upgrading to Win-10 on sattelite

How in the world can anyone go from Win-7 Pro to Win-10 Pro on a metered Hughes.net satellite system. We are limited to 2GB per month data download which we hardly use out here in the Grand Canyon area.. Is there a disc available to direct install? Or switch to a new browser!

:)

Bobby11175, Nov 8, 2019
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Upgrade from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi Roy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this laptop compatible with Windows 10?
    • Are there drivers for Windows 10 for this laptop on HP website?

I would suggest you to temporarily disable/un-install any HP's software if you have installed.

Also, I would suggest you to start the upgrade by un-installing the updated drivers and installing basic windows drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Network/Device adapters, Select the adapter, right click and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Now start the upgrade from an ISO and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Nov 8, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Upgrading to Win-10 on sattelite

Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?

Upgrade to Windows 10 | Tutorials

- best read carefully...

and you will find

dalchina, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading to Win-10 on sattelite

1. Upgrading to Win-10 on sattelite - Similar Threads - Upgrading sattelite

2. Windows 10 upgrade to the november 1909 cases my HP printer to miss lines of text

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade to the november 1909 cases my HP printer to miss lines of text: Hello, I'm currently Running windows 10 but am having trouble with installing the 1909 nov. update. My HP printer doesn't agree with the update I have an Office jet 3833 and is windows 10 certified. My problem is it skips lines of text while printing, and will not print the...
  3. Upgrade 8.1 to 10 on Lumia 640 phone? How?

Upgrade 8.1 to 10 on Lumia 640 phone? How?: Been trying to upgrade a Lumia 640 phone from 8.1 to 10 without any luck. The store app for Windows 10 upgrade advisor is not allowing phone to download. Not sure how to go about it without that. Any other ideas that are proven workers would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim....
  4. Can Samsung ATIV XE500T1C tablet get Windows 10 upgrade past version 1607?

Can Samsung ATIV XE500T1C tablet get Windows 10 upgrade past version 1607?: Need to know if anyone has been successful upgrading Windows 10 past version 1607 on this Samsung tablet model. If yes, I would appreciate mentioning your current Windows 10 version and if you needed to perform any specific actions to be successful. Running Windows 10...
  5. Items in Start Menu all die after upgrade of W10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items in Start Menu all die after upgrade of W10: I upgraded Windows as requested and my computer went crazy....all Start window items would not load....USB camera, Xbox, etc. My profile was in a temp setting and I did not have the ability to roam. Had to restore to original settings and lost data as system was...
  6. Should I upgrade from win 10 home to PRO?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I upgrade from win 10 home to PRO?!: hi guys, i am getting a new laptop and it comes with win 10 home pre installed. i will be using it mainly for making music and a little bit of gaming. i read somewhere that pro has better protection than home. should i upgrade?! submitted by /u/8ugustus [link] [comments]...
  7. Window 10 upgrade from 1903 to 1909 hangs and fails with code 0x800F08

Window 10 upgrade from 1903 to 1909 hangs and fails with code 0x800F08: My computer: HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF 10 GB of RAM Windows 10 Pro 64 bits 1903 (build 18362.476) Before upgrading I ran sfc /scannow which didn't find anything wrong. Shortly after the reboot I see the Windows logo and the dots are circling, but after a short time the...
  8. 1803 to 1903 - don't want to upgrade - keeps trying to upgrade and freezes / fails / BSOD's...

1803 to 1903 - don't want to upgrade - keeps trying to upgrade and freezes / fails / BSOD's...: How can I stop this from happening? I'm nearly certain my hardware (dual Westmere Xeon X5650) doesn't meet the Win 10 1903 requirements. I have no idea how to stop this or force the update through. Any ideas? submitted by /u/varietist_department [link] [comments]...
  9. Unable to re-activate windows after MOBO upgrade

Unable to re-activate windows after MOBO upgrade: I have recently installed a new motherboard, and the only thing left to do is reactivate Windows 10. I thought this was going to be easy. I prepared in advance by making sure my digital license was linked to my Microsoft account. After running the activation troubleshooter,...
  10. upgrade win7 oem to win 10 what to do about livewriter and my blog

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    upgrade win7 oem to win 10 what to do about livewriter and my blog: The way i understand it is that when i upgrade to windows 10 i won't be able to install windows live writer/essentials 12 as it's no longer available. So then I won't be able to access all my years of blog posts. Is there a way around this - I can't believe I lose access to...