Windows 10: Upgrading to Win 10 Pro by changing the product key. I have dell laptop that has Win 10...

Discus and support Upgrading to Win 10 Pro by changing the product key. I have dell laptop that has Win 10... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Upgrading to Win 10 Pro by changing the product key. I have dell laptop that has Win 10 Home installed. I’m trying to upgrade to Pro by entering the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sendokun, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Upgrading to Win 10 Pro by changing the product key. I have dell laptop that has Win 10...

Upgrading to Win 10 Pro by changing the product key. I have dell laptop that has Win 10 Home installed. I’m trying to upgrade to Pro by entering the Win 10 Pro product key, but it says the product key didn’t work. Is there something wrong? Or do I need a full clean install?

submitted by /u/sendokun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sendokun, Mar 4, 2020
  2. RobCoxXA Win User

Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Mar 4, 2020
  4. kokpit01 Win User

Upgrading to Win 10 Pro by changing the product key. I have dell laptop that has Win 10...

UEFI embedded product key changing Win 10 home to PRO

Hi

I have laptop DELL Inspirion 13 7000 that came with Win 10 Home. I bough Win 10 PRO OEM for clean install but it wont let me instaling it the PRO version it always activates HOME and i can't change the product key.

how to install my PRO version - how to change the embedded product key in the Firmware?

kokpit01, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading to Win 10 Pro by changing the product key. I have dell laptop that has Win 10...

1. Upgrading to Win 10 Pro by changing the product key. I have dell laptop that has Win 10... - Similar Threads - Upgrading Pro changing

2. Win 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro product key: Hi,I have a pc where the motherboard died and a retail licence of Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap it to a new build pc. The retailer say they don’t sell Microsoft products any more but they never sent me a product key email. Spoke with licensing phone support who say contact...
  3. Win 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro product key: Hi,I have a pc where the motherboard died and a retail licence of Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap it to a new build pc. The retailer say they don’t sell Microsoft products any more but they never sent me a product key email. Spoke with licensing phone support who say contact...
  4. Win 10 Pro product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 Pro Product Key

Win 10 Pro Product Key: Hello, I bought a laptop with an OEM version, that I subsequently upgraded to a full version installed via download. How do I find my product key? I have run CMD as an Administrator and entered wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey, but I suspect...
  6. Lost a Win 10 Pro product Key

Lost a Win 10 Pro product Key: I have the Windows 10 Pro USB stick and the box it came in, but not the paper tag with the actual key. I've setup and rebuild this machine many times and moved stuff around I may have even used a key from an old MSDN account. I don't even know anymore. The machine runs...
  7. Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key

Win 10 Pro Activation Product Key: I did the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate. Installation went well. However, I wanted to not be under a digital license, so I bought a Windows 10 Pro License from Amazon. Using the product key from Amazon gives me an error stating I should buy a real copy of...
  8. Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO?: Can i enter a win 10 Home product key on win 10 PRO? When I got done building my pc I chose win 10 pro and then selected “I don’t have a product key”. But can I still enter my win 10 home product key on my win 10 pro system? submitted by /u/TazerTazerX [link] [comments]...
  9. Win 10 Pro product key not accepted

Win 10 Pro product key not accepted: I purchased a new laptop with Win 10 Home digital license. At the same time I purchased a Win 10 Pro update disk. When I try to change product key under Activation, the product key is not accepted. "The product key you entered didn't work"....
  10. win 10 upgrade asking for product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 upgrade asking for product key: Hi, on my work laptop, i have received the win 10 app and it was ready to upgrade, As it was my work laptop I did not at the time but I did use the download to create a USB and I have updated two personal PCs with no issue. I now have permission to upgrade the original work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro product key 4/2020