Windows 10: Upgrading to Win 10 pro issues

Discus and support Upgrading to Win 10 pro issues in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I cannot upgrade to Win 10 Pro, even though I have purchased the upgrades for both Pro and Pro For Workstations. I have purchased the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SINISARADOSAVLJEVIC, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Upgrading to Win 10 pro issues

I cannot upgrade to Win 10 Pro, even though I have purchased the upgrades
    for both Pro and Pro For Workstations.

I have purchased the following upgrades:

Windows 10 Pro August 27, 2017

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations on March 18, 2018

Every time when I reinstall windows it's home edition. I only have Win 10 Home key.
    I never got the Pro or Pro for Workstations keys, even after the upgrades.

Microsoft Store is only offering me to buy it again, even though
    both upgrades are in my 'order history' on my MS account.

Can someone please explain why I cannot use these upgrades?

Thanks for your help.

:)

SINISARADOSAVLJEVIC, Sep 19, 2020

2. Cant get Win 10 to upgrade to Pro after HD failure

Hi Christopher,

You can upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by using Windows 10 Pro digital license or product key. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Did your device came with Windows 8 pre-installed?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article to

upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

In case that you'll experience an activation issue, we recommend that you follow the steps on this article:

Using the Activation troubleshooter
    . Choose the method that fits to your situation.

We will look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, Sep 19, 2020
  4. RPaul888 Win User

Upgrading to Win 10 pro issues

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home?

I have a 4-computer home network. 3 are upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. The 4th is a Toshiba L775D-S7222 which upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home. All are 4 computers are Build 18362, which is apparently also called 1903.

The 3 computers with Win 10 Pro can access the 2T Dynex HD hanging of a Netgear N900 Dual Ban Gigabit Router WNDR4500x2. The Toshiba can not.

The issue has something to do with the inability of the Toshiba (Win 10 Home) not being able to map to the 2T Dynex in Windows Explorer. The weblink that arises states the SBM1 communications software is obsolete and that SBM2 or SBM3 is required.

I have communicated with a local computer technician, who suggested upgrading to Windows 10 PRO for this machine because "there is better network support in Win 10 Pro".

Is there some reasonable "incremental price" that I could pay to upgrade the existing Win 10 HOME to PRO? Or, is there a sofware fix to eliminate my problem that would permit me to continue using Win 10 HOME?

Please suggestions & guidance on next steps will be much appreciated

Thank you very much.

Paul -

RPaul888, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading to Win 10 pro issues

1. Upgrading to Win 10 pro issues - Similar Threads - Upgrading pro issues

2. Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue: So I want to upgrade my PC from Win 10 Home to Pro but I got this error message: This upgrade path is not supported. Please close Setup and re-launch from the root of the media or go back and pick a different installation choice What does this mean and how do i solve it?...
  3. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  4. Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue: I have a brand new computer with Windows 10 Home that I want to upgrade to Pro. I went through the Microsoft Store, searched Windows 10 Pro, clicked Upgrade, paid the $99, and then clicked Install. But after the restart, my System dialog shows that I have a non-genuine...
  5. Win 10 Pro upgrade

Win 10 Pro upgrade: I just upgraded to win 10 Pro, put in my new activation, but in control panel and settings it still says win 10 home. Did I get the upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-upgrade/d2cd5623-ca1c-4b33-911c-67253c6f70f6
  6. Win 10 Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro upgrade: I searched and there are some sites that sell new keys for less than $99. Looking for information on if any are legit. Thanks Ken 138852
  7. Win 10 Pro upgrade

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win 10 Pro upgrade: Just purchased Win 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and after upgrade it was still V1709 why do you not get the new V1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-upgrade/1064d221-243c-4c67-9892-98f498a82087"
  8. Win 10 Pro upgrade

Win 10 Pro upgrade: Trying to upgrade my win 8 pro to win 10 pro. Get message that win 10 installed failed. I'm running a Z97S SLI Krait Edition motherboard with dual monitors and a 3 TB HDD. Here is part of the log file: 2018-10-31 15:06:00, Warning MOUPG...
  9. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  10. Win 10 upgrade to Win 10 pro.

Win 10 upgrade to Win 10 pro.: How can i upgrade from win 10 to win 10 pro? How much will it cost? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/win-10-upgrade-to-win-10-pro/a9582518-7671-426f-8904-7f0da791eb6d