Windows 10: Upgrading to Win 10 RTM Professional Retail

Discus and support Upgrading to Win 10 RTM Professional Retail in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; What is Win 10 RTM Professional Retail? How is it different from Windows 10 Home? Will you suggest me to change my laptop product key from Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Prabhath Kumar Rayabarapu, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Upgrading to Win 10 RTM Professional Retail

What is Win 10 RTM Professional Retail? How is it different from Windows 10 Home? Will you suggest me to change my laptop product key from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 RTM Professional Retail? What benefits would I get in Windows 10 RTM Professional Retail?

:)

Prabhath Kumar Rayabarapu, Oct 31, 2020
  2. pintree3 Win User

NEW PC: can a bought Win 7 licence be used to upgrade to 10 or...

Sorry Sn00ker I am no sure I understand what you mean."they will come back for the Pro version as Win 10 RTM Professional Retail" Are you suggesting that if I were to buy the pro version (I am interested in the home version only sinc it is for personal home use) that the result is ''Win 10 RTM Professional".?
    Assuming I were to buy that one, what does it mean? I am asking because would buying the home version come up with a similar result like "Win 10 RTM Home"?

pintree3, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Upgrade editions, retail versions and transfers

Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find any definite answers.

I have a few concerns regarding the free upgrade because I'll want to update all our home computers (5 total). 3 of them are running Windows 8.1 Professional Retail version, one is running Windows 7 Professional and one Windows 8.1 Home Edition OEM.

• Can someone confirm the upgrade edition assumptions below are correct?
    • Windows 8.1 Professional Retail -> Windows 10 Professional Retail
    • Windows 8.1 Home OEM -> Windows 10 Home OEM
    • Windows 7 Professional Retail -> Windows 10 Professional Retail
    2. Regarding the Windows 10 Professional Retail (once upgraded), are you able to transfer the OS to a different computer if needed like I'd be right now? Meaning you de-activate on current machine and then install / activate on second machine?

3. I also have a Surface 2 RT. Will there be an upgrade available for this too?

Thanks

Ales Potocnik Hahonina, Oct 31, 2020
  4. RUNGEZ Win User

Upgrading to Win 10 RTM Professional Retail

What is RTM retail product key?

I purchased a product key from a third-party website and I have used the VAMT tool to validate the product key. Everything except the description is okay, it says this key is
    Win10 RTM Professional Retail, what does RTM mean? Is there any difference between edition without RTM tag

Upgrading to Win 10 RTM Professional Retail 93364d1d-52d9-48ef-b340-07fc7ecea694?upload=true.jpg

RUNGEZ, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading to Win 10 RTM Professional Retail

1. Upgrading to Win 10 RTM Professional Retail - Similar Threads - Upgrading RTM Professional

2. Win10 RTM Professional Retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 RTM Professional Retail: I just reinstall windows 10 on my laptop and i entered product key from my brother CD. Disc inside cover says "WINDOWS 10 PRO FOR OEM SOFTWARE". I discovered later that it is illegal to resell and buy OEM or Volume license. But when i check my windows version it says "Win10...
  3. Win10 RTM Professional Retail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 RTM Professional Retail: I just reinstall windows 10 on my laptop and i entered product key from my brother CD. Disc inside cover says "WINDOWS 10 PRO FOR OEM SOFTWARE". I discovered later that it is illegal to resell and buy OEM or Volume license. But when i check my windows version it says "Win10...
  4. Win10 RTM Professional Retail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RTM Windows 10 Retail License

RTM Windows 10 Retail License: We are a computer store selling and servicing computers for individuals and businesses. Can we buy RTM Win 10 Pro Retail keys on line and resell them, we have found that the key installs and activates, however we are unsure if this is legal....
  6. Can a Win 10 RTM Professional Retail License be sold legally?

Can a Win 10 RTM Professional Retail License be sold legally?: Hello if I buy a Win 10 RTM Professional Retail License key, can I resell this legally or does this violate the terms and conditions?Thank you in advance!...
  7. Win7 Professional Upgrade RETAIL --> Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 Professional Upgrade RETAIL --> Windows 10?: My home PC is currently running Windows 7 Professional, a retail boxed version that I purchased some years ago. I still have the original box with the original DVD discs, and product key. However the box says it's an "Upgrade" version, although I have done more than one clean...
  8. Upgrading from win7pro to win 10 RTM

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading from win7pro to win 10 RTM: I am in need of assistance , so far cannot find for users a list of what has to be prepared etc for changing from Win7 to Win10. For examples I am using office 2010 so do I need to take all docs backup to dvd disc to be reinstalled. Mail (seems to be a real issue) if...
  9. Free win 10 rtm.

in Windows 10 Support
    Free win 10 rtm.: Hello Everyone, i have a question about windows 10 RTM, i just read that the RTM will be free to "windows insiders " I am a windows insider member, but i am currently running WIN 10 10130 in a VM on my Main machine, would i still Qualify for a FREE WIN 10 RTM when...
  10. Upgrading from Win 7 directly to Win 10 RTM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win 7 directly to Win 10 RTM: With all the information regarding upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 RTM I would have thought I could find something that would show me how to upgrade my Win 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 RTM. I could not sort it out. I have Win 7 Home Premium installed and have looked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 8 rtm professional oem dm window 10