Windows 10: Upgrading to Win Pro then stuck at Win Enterprise

Discus and support Upgrading to Win Pro then stuck at Win Enterprise in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I went to the Microsoft Store to purchase an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro then suddenly it got an error and got me stuck at Windows 10 Enterprise with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ahmed19_99, May 19, 2021.

1. Upgrading to Win Pro then stuck at Win Enterprise

I went to the Microsoft Store to purchase an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro then suddenly it got an error and got me stuck at Windows 10 Enterprise with no activation key.I'm using the preinstalled version of Windows on a laptop. Also, I made sure to link Windows activation to my Microsoft account.Can I reinstall Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool then select the Windows 10 Pro edition to get back installed while maintaining the license that I bought?

:)

Ahmed19_99, May 19, 2021
  2. RobCoxXA Win User

Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, May 19, 2021
  3. TMap1 Win User
    win 7 pro to win 10 enterprise

will installing win 10 enterprise keep programs and files on system running win 7 pro?

TMap1, May 19, 2021
  4. Upgrading to Win Pro then stuck at Win Enterprise

Can't upgrade from Win 7 home to Win 10 Enterprise and keep apps and files

Well I finally got a satisfactory solution to my problem after coming up with my own idea and finding out how to implement it.

I upgraded the Win 7 home to Win 10 Pro by using the Volume License Services Center (VLSC) Win 10 Enterprise software which allowed me to choose Win 10 Pro before it did the upgrade and that worked. However, entering the Win 10 Enterprise key still wouldn't
    let me activate it so I tried upgrading again but it still remained at Win 10 Pro because it wouldn't give me the choice of options when re-doing the upgrade.

On the VLSC site, I noticed that if I clicked on the Win 10 Pro, it showed me 3 keys. I copied them down and tried the first. Still no luck.

I decided to call the VLSC and ask if I could simply get a key for Win 10 Pro in lieu of one of the Win 10 Enterprise licenses. The MS person checked for me and said I could but it was hard for me to understand whether this would preclude me from upgrading
    to Enterprise later and I had decided that Enterprise might not provide us with any useful additions for this system. I then asked her about the three Win 10 Pro keys and she said to enter one. I did try the first and it did not work, so I told her and she
    said to use the third listed key. It WORKED! The computer had an activated Win 10 Pro.

I then asked her why I had to use the third key and she said (I think - she was not very understandable) that the first was for Europe and the second for Korea so I had to use the third. Now there is not a single bit of information in that list of keys that
    indicates anything about them as hey were all Win 10 Pro, all had our VLSC license and all had our non-profit's name.

So that system is now up and running with Win 10 Pro and networked via workgroup to our Win 7 Pro other machines. Those two machines, I'll try putting Win 10 Enterprise upgrade on and hopefully, since I'm starting from Win 7 Pro, that will work.

Five days of all-day volunteer work trying multiple long-wait upgrades, one incorrect Microsoft document, two hour-long calls to Microsoft, very poor VLSC online help with tons of useless (to me) FAQs to read, and I finally got one system up. Now I know
    why, after using MS software from Dos 2.1 days through Win 7, I decided for my home computers, Linux made a lot more sense. In any case, if someone else could help them with Linux issues after I'm gone, I'd have put that on their systems.

One downside to Pro that hopefully is not in Enterprise since big businesses use it, is that Pro has junkware installed and defaults to "we can try and steal your personal info unless you turn off the options but when it comes to ads, your only choice is
    personalized ads or generic ones but no option to stop all ads".

Museum Volunteer, May 19, 2021
Thema:

Upgrading to Win Pro then stuck at Win Enterprise

1. Upgrading to Win Pro then stuck at Win Enterprise - Similar Threads - Upgrading Pro stuck

2. windows 7 enterprise upgrade to Win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 enterprise upgrade to Win 11 pro: Hi, I inherited a Windows 7 laptop with no access to it's admin password. I need to update it to Win 11 pro. I'd like to get an OEM disk and do an entire upgrade from the disk. What's the best way forward? I can boot from DVD that's why I want an OEM disk....
  3. windows 7 enterprise upgrade to Win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 enterprise upgrade to Win 11 pro: Hi, I inherited a Windows 7 laptop with no access to it's admin password. I need to update it to Win 11 pro. I'd like to get an OEM disk and do an entire upgrade from the disk. What's the best way forward? I can boot from DVD that's why I want an OEM disk....
  4. windows 7 enterprise upgrade 10 Win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 enterprise upgrade 10 Win 11 pro: Hi, I inherited a Windows 7 laptop with no access to it's admin password. I need to update it to Win 11 pro. I'd like to get an OEM disk and do an entire upgrade from the disk. What's the best way forward? I can boot from DVD that's why I want an OEM disk....
  5. windows 7 enterprise upgrade 10 Win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 enterprise upgrade 10 Win 11 pro: Hi, I inherited a Windows 7 laptop with no access to it's admin password. I need to update it to Win 11 pro. I'd like to get an OEM disk and do an entire upgrade from the disk. What's the best way forward? I can boot from DVD that's why I want an OEM disk....
  6. Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise: I have a Win 10 Enterprise Key. How to upgrade from Win 10 Pro?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-10-pro-to-enterprise/678ed6cb-4ba7-4e71-9532-002d4c3d9530
  7. update win 10 pro to win 10 enterprise

update win 10 pro to win 10 enterprise: how do I update win 10 pro to win 10 enterprise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-win-10-pro-to-win-10-enterprise/eb8181f1-c57b-45c4-aedd-ff7fee26ea14
  8. upgrade to win pro

upgrade to win pro: I purchased an upgrade it is on Microsoft store. Unfortunately I had to recover the system and now I want to upgrade to win pro. I misplaced the update code can you email it to me again?...
  9. Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck

Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck: Hi - Trying to update Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - using a full retail USB version of Win 10. Follow the instructions to boot from USB - typed in the Windows Key supplied - Chose the Upgrade keeping exisiting files option. Then get a message stating that update cannot be...
  10. downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro

downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro: My Dell oem win key is win10 enterprise that i can not update 1703. Can i downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro? windows update will release update 1703 for enterprise or not? 84145