Windows 10: Upgrading to win10 and issues with Visual C++ Re-distributables

Discus and support Upgrading to win10 and issues with Visual C++ Re-distributables in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Information. I run Corel Video Studio (VS) and do a lot of video editing with it on my win7 desktop. I am the only user of the machine and use it as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Davidk, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Davidk Win User

Upgrading to win10 and issues with Visual C++ Re-distributables

Information.
    I run Corel Video Studio (VS) and do a lot of video editing with it on my win7 desktop. I am the only user of the machine and use it as the admin user. The VS program uses a number of visual C++ re-distributables (about 4 per release version). The program is installed using a supplied installer (comes with the purchase package) and the installer makes any choices about which, and how many, re-distributables it needs based on the supported operating system that exists on the PC and downloads those from the Microsoft library, and installs them as part of the overall program installation process.
    I've found out that re-distributables installed originally under win7 do not run under win10 (various MS articles on that).

Problem.
    Using the in-place migration method recommended by MS, upgraded the desktop to win10 and then under win10 I've uninstalled the VS program and the re-distibutables (both installed originally under win7), cleaned up and re-installed 2 versions: X10 and 2018. The re-distributables now in the P&F page are quite different - presumably the win10 versions - from those that were in the same page under win7.

There is a specific function point in the program (selecting Share mode) where re-distributables are used: A screenshot illustrating what the display should look like:

Upgrading to win10 and issues with Visual C++ Re-distributables [​IMG]

Under the new win10 installation, installing x10 first (the older version) the program works, and the program started successfully. Selecting the Share page looks like the image above. Installing a 2nd version of VS (allowed, and used by me for class tutor purposes), the new 2018 newer version installed Ok, and selecting share also was OK. But at that point, re-starting X10 and re-checking the share mode indicated it was now failed. Screenshot on what that looks like:

Upgrading to win10 and issues with Visual C++ Re-distributables [​IMG]

and at this point the only way to recover the PC is to use task manager and kill the application.

I need to use multiple versions of VS under win10, just as I do/did under win7, so I reverted to win17 while I figured out why this "capture" of re-distributables" under win10 seems to be happening, and avoid it when I next try to upgrade to win10.

Question
    Why is this problem occurring - whereby the last install of a program using redistributables effectively captures or takes over those needed by an earlier version install?? It never happened with win7.

:)

Davidk, Jun 14, 2020

2. microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86 won't install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

I would suggest you to check if Microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86 is installed in your computer.

To check follow the steps:

• Type Default programs & select programs & features.
    • Check if Microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86
      is installed.
    If yes suggest you to uninstall & reinstall Microsoft visual c++ 2005 x86
    & check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists I would suggest you to contact the game manufacturer.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ msi wont install.

Hi,

Software conflicts are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Based on the error message you provided, an older version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 is blocking the installation. We suggest uninstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 from the control
    panel before trying to install the new MS Visual 2017. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs, then click Programs and Features.
    • Locate Microsoft Visual 2017 C++, then click Uninstall.
    After uninstalling the program, try to install Microsoft Visual 2017 C++ again.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you further.

Martin Bar, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Upgrading to win10 and issues with Visual C++ Re-distributables

Win10 Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library R6034 solution

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The issue is caused due to missing Visual C++ libraries, you may download and install the Runtime components of Visual C++ libraries from the link below:

You can uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Step 1: To uninstall the package:

• Open Programs and Features by Windows + R keys to open Run command and type “Appwiz.cpl”
    • From the list, find Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and click on it.
    • Click Uninstall at the top of the list.

Step 2: Download and install the latest package to see if it helps.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632

Note: Install anyone as per the Operating System installed on your computer.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading to win10 and issues with Visual C++ Re-distributables

1. Upgrading to win10 and issues with Visual C++ Re-distributables - Similar Threads - Upgrading win10 issues

2. Issue with downloading visual C++ redistibutable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with downloading visual C++ redistibutable: When I attempt to download the most current X64 version of the Visual C++ redistributable it gives me an error saying that there is already a download in progress. How do I correct? I have restarted multiple times.I am downloading from this link...
  3. Visual C++ Older Distributable locations

Visual C++ Older Distributable locations: Need the exact version. Where can I find a page to download old versions, not the latest versions?Where can I find Visual C++ Redistributable 14.32.31332? And other ones for future reference....
  4. Visual C++ Older Distributable locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ Older Distributable locations: Need the exact version. Where can I find a page to download old versions, not the latest versions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c-older-distributable-locations/b27bc3c7-ce62-4f46-acbf-e88fa4917b00
  5. Microsoft visual c++ 2008_x86 Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft visual c++ 2008_x86 Issue: Dear SirHelloI have windows 10 Version 10.0.19044.1889After installing vcredist2008_x86 and vcredist2008_x64Another version of vcredist2008_x86 installed by it self???Uninstall it , it comes again???Attached screenshotThank you...
  6. Microsoft visual c++ 2008_x86 Issue

Microsoft visual c++ 2008_x86 Issue: Dear SirHelloI have windows 10 Version 10.0.19044.1889After installing vcredist2008_x86 and vcredist2008_x64Another version of vcredist2008_x86 installed by it self???Uninstall it , it comes again???Attached screenshotThank you...
  7. Microsoft Visual C++ Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Visual C++ Issues: Hello, I accidentally uninstalled all Microsoft Visual C++s, I needed to redownload from the Microsoft page 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, and the 2015-2019 ones. Then I opened a game called ''Rainbow Six Siege'' and wanted to start a match. It connected perfectly, but it crashed...
  8. Visual C++ issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Visual C++ issue: I have a Visual C++ file on my computer that would not repair. An escalated Adobe Technician was attempting to solve an issue with one of their programs and in the process he ran repairs on Visual C++ files in my machine. All of the files repaired successfully except for one:...
  9. Visual C++ 2015 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual C++ 2015 issue: I'm trying to download a game but everytime i try it reports that visual 2015 C++ can't install. I tried to do it manually but it tells me that I already have it, but when I go to check I don't have it....
  10. upgrading Visual C== 6.0 to Visual Studio 2013

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading Visual C== 6.0 to Visual Studio 2013: we have a very complex C++ app that is using MFC, OLE that we need to upgrade to be developed in Visual Studio 2013. When I try to compile it in 2013 I run into all kinds to compiler errors and would like to know which is the best and safest wy to move it from Visual Studio...