Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried several time to upgrade my system to 2004 but it fails with various messages, the latest being a "0xC1900101" error. I tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristopherMugdan, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times

I have tried several time to upgrade my system to 2004 but it fails with various messages, the latest being a "0xC1900101" error. I tried the suggestions on this page "https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/10587/windows-10-get-help-with-upgrade-installation-errors" but to no avail. Indeed I have been trying to update in the past with 1903 and 1909 versions and they fail too. I guess I should have raised this a while ago!:-

Can someone please help me because my version 1803 is at end of service and I shall no longer have support for it?

What files would help to solve this? I do have the log file as text for one of the failed upgrade attempts.

Regards,
    Chris Mugdan

:)

ChristopherMugdan, Aug 2, 2020
  2. BRU
    bru Win User

2004 Fails Multiple Times

2004 has installed fine on all my other computers yet on a two year old laptop it has failed multiple times. Both through MCT and WU. Seems to be at the second boot or whatever, then it rolls back.

3. FAILED 18 Times - Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per description, you are unable to upgrade to Window 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps from the article created by Andre Da Costa and follow the steps from the link given below and check.

Refer:

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times - Similar Threads - Upgrading 2004 failed

2. Windows 2004 crashes multiples times per day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 2004 crashes multiples times per day: Hi All, Windows 2004 crashes many several times per day even without actual user activity. Does anyone know how I can open a support ticket and supply the latest crashdump file?...
  3. Fail to install 2004 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fail to install 2004 upgrade: Hello, I am still on windows version 1909! and windows update don't propose 2004 upgrade ,it says " you are up to date " So I tried both " Media control tool 2004" and "Windows10upgrade9252" but at the end of all the process I always get this message "Installation program...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 2004 fails 0x80004005 - 0x1000A

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 2004 fails 0x80004005 - 0x1000A: Hello, while using the update assitant or the media creation tool, i get the error 0x80004005 - 0x1000A. Logs: https://www.magentacloud.de/share/95bi4mm4yh Any ideas? Greetz, CG...
  5. 2004 Fails Multiple Times

in Windows 10 Support
    2004 Fails Multiple Times: 2004 has installed fine on all my other computers yet on a two year old laptop it has failed multiple times. Both through MCT and WU. Seems to be at the second boot or whatever, then it rolls back. 159143
  6. Upgrade to Windows 10 2004 fails with 0x800704C7

Upgrade to Windows 10 2004 fails with 0x800704C7: Hi I am upgrading from 1909 to 2004 and it fails with 0x800704C7 error, which denotes to cancellation of update itself, not sure which process hampers/stops upgrade below is log snippet from diagerr.xml, appreciate any clues Thanks, Vasu <z:row Cls="D" Sev="33554432"...
  7. Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times

Windows 10 Update failed to finish installation multiple times: Hey, so I'm not sure if I am the only one experiencing this particular problem, but this update has popped up, about 5 months ago I think. I'm sure its a big update, because I can still shutdown my laptop, even without going through the whole update if I wanted to. So 5...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade unsuccessful multiple times

Windows 10 upgrade unsuccessful multiple times: Everytime I try to update my windows 7 to windows 10, the update stops at 99%. Once, it reached 100% but then failed. I'm using Lenovo Z570. Even Microsoft help chat section was of no use....
  9. updates to pc failed multiple times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updates to pc failed multiple times: i think its because i chose to have notifications off...? but anyways, i see recent updates list show multiple updates for various programs that failed to update. an hour ago, i tried running "windows10upgrade.exe" and it too failed. i see there are updates that look like...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade failed. Multiple Attemps.

Windows 10 upgrade failed. Multiple Attemps.: Background: I have 3 PCs to upgrade and 512kbps internet so I decided it would be best to use the Windows 10 USB upgrade tool. After making the upgrade USB tried to upgrade my 1st PC by doing a clean install by booting from the USB, hoping it would be able to automatically...