Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried several time to upgrade my system to 2004 but it fails with various messages, the latest being a "0xC1900101" error. I tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristopherMugdan, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times

I have tried several time to upgrade my system to 2004 but it fails with various messages, the latest being a "0xC1900101" error. I tried the suggestions on this page "https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/10587/windows-10-get-help-with-upgrade-installation-errors" but to no avail. Indeed I have been trying to update in the past with 1903 and 1909 versions and they fail too. I guess I should have raised this a while ago!:-

Can someone please help me because my version 1803 is at end of service and I shall no longer have support for it?

What files would help to solve this? I do have the log file as text for one of the failed upgrade attempts.

Regards,
    Chris Mugdan

:)

ChristopherMugdan, Aug 2, 2020
  2. BRU
    bru Win User

2004 Fails Multiple Times

2004 has installed fine on all my other computers yet on a two year old laptop it has failed multiple times. Both through MCT and WU. Seems to be at the second boot or whatever, then it rolls back.

3. FAILED 18 Times - Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As per description, you are unable to upgrade to Window 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps from the article created by Andre Da Costa and follow the steps from the link given below and check.

Refer:

How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 2004 failed multiple times - Similar Threads - Upgrading 2004 failed

2. Windows 10 fails to upgrade to Windows 11 with blue sceen multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 fails to upgrade to Windows 11 with blue sceen multiple times: Hello,I have attempted multiple times over the past months to upgrade to Windows 11. Each time it never goes through but i usually wasn't at my desktop to see if there was an error.I was just welcomed back to Win 10 login.Here's some of the error codes I've...
  3. Windows 10 fails to upgrade to Windows 11 with blue sceen multiple times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 fails to upgrade to Windows 11 with blue sceen multiple times: Hello,I have attempted multiple times over the past months to upgrade to Windows 11. Each time it never goes through but i usually wasn't at my desktop to see if there was an error.I was just welcomed back to Win 10 login.Here's some of the error codes I've...
  4. Windows 10 fails to upgrade to Windows 11 with blue sceen multiple times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 upgrade failed to 2004

Windows 10 upgrade failed to 2004: I am running version 1903 and have tried to upgrade to 2004 through the settings/upgrade and the upgrade assistant but failing in both cases. I get a error code 0x80004005-0x60016 based on setupDiag. I have tried DISM, SFC, renaming the software distribution folders and other...
  6. Failed Upgrade to 2004

Failed Upgrade to 2004: Split from this thread. Greg, Everything had been running fine until Windows decided to update/upgrade itself, I think from 1903 to 2004. I thought I had blocked any feature upgrades because when 2004 first installed several months ago I lost all usb 2.0 functions and had...
  7. Windows 10 2004 update fails several times

Windows 10 2004 update fails several times: Hello there, Please help me solving this issue. I tried updating Windows 10 1909 into 2004 several times 4 times, and it fails. The last update run was yesterday and I executed the following steps. 1. Deleted Software distribution folder. 2. Deleted CATROOT2 folder....
  8. 2004 Fails Multiple Times

in Windows 10 Support
    2004 Fails Multiple Times: 2004 has installed fine on all my other computers yet on a two year old laptop it has failed multiple times. Both through MCT and WU. Seems to be at the second boot or whatever, then it rolls back. 159143
  9. Windows 10 upgrade unsuccessful multiple times

Windows 10 upgrade unsuccessful multiple times: Everytime I try to update my windows 7 to windows 10, the update stops at 99%. Once, it reached 100% but then failed. I'm using Lenovo Z570. Even Microsoft help chat section was of no use....
  10. Windows 10 upgrade failed. Multiple Attemps.

Windows 10 upgrade failed. Multiple Attemps.: Background: I have 3 PCs to upgrade and 512kbps internet so I decided it would be best to use the Windows 10 USB upgrade tool. After making the upgrade USB tried to upgrade my 1st PC by doing a clean install by booting from the USB, hoping it would be able to automatically...