Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows 10 and it keeps stalling

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows 10 and it keeps stalling in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to update my Surface Pro 3 that I just purchased used. I am downloading the update to my surface and it gets completely through everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 0309Rik, Dec 19, 2018.

1. 0309Rik Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 and it keeps stalling

I am trying to update my Surface Pro 3 that I just purchased used. I am downloading the update to my surface and it gets completely through everything fine until it gets to Getting Updates. I have tried twice now but it is stalling at the same place as before, 46%. What can I do?

:)

0309Rik, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 and it keeps stalling - Similar Threads - Upgrading keeps stalling

2. Windows 10 updates keep stalling at 48%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates keep stalling at 48%: Windows 10 updates keep stalling at 48%. I have tried everything suggested to get round this. I have paid three computer software engineers to try and fix the problem but every update sticks at 48%. Would clearing everything out of my computer and reinstalling Windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 install stalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 install stalled: I'm trying to install Windows 10 Pro full version on a new harddrive from a DVD. I get the messages that a media driver is missing and then when I browse that no device drivers were found....
  4. Random stalling after win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random stalling after win10 upgrade: Hello all! I am counting on the wisdom of this group, as i think I have run out of all options. I just recently upgraded to windows 10 from 7 keep files and settings and all is not fine. The system hangs it seems at random intervals, 5 - 15 minutes. Afterwards only a...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade stalls at 81%

Windows 10 upgrade stalls at 81%: Remove your wireless network card then run the upgrade assistant. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-stalls-at-81/cb5ba942-90c7-4d40-aaa4-ef898d207700
  6. Windows 10 Updates Stalled

Windows 10 Updates Stalled: My wife's HP 2 in 1 has stuck Windows 10 updates. I cannot access the computer right now so I cannot get the exact version and build level but I am pretty sure it is at least 1809. I have seen this behavior before. Updates get downloaded and attempt to install but fail. Then...
  7. Windows 10 Indexing stalled

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Indexing stalled: I've scoured the internet and found others have the same problem, but no solution has been stated which works. WIndows Indexing gets stuck. it will index a number of files, then stall. a restart of the pc lets it edge forward a few records sometimes. I've done multiple...
  8. Win 10 stalled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 stalled: Windows 10 stuck on PRE-logon screen with no power button so no restart button. All that is on the screen is the time and date lower left and a networking icon lower right. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-stalled/ea42cc69-c688-4309-ad5c-8160310399bc
  9. Windows 10 installation stalls

Windows 10 installation stalls: I am attempting to install W10 through USB drive. However as I go through the setup steps, at some point the mouse will start lagging and the setup goes stuck. I don't know if it's a memory problem since I have 3gb of RAM. However if the PC is turned off for a long time the...
  10. Windows 10 Clean Install - Stalled??

Windows 10 Clean Install - Stalled??: I upgraded my machine to windows 10 and then started a clean install. I created a bootable usb drive with the iso image and rebooted the machine using the usb drive. That was 4 hours ago and I am not sure if anything is happening. There is nothing being output to my monitor....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my windows 10 update keep stalling

2. update to Windows 10 keeps stalling