Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows 10 causes programs not to work properly

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows 10 causes programs not to work properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Windows 7 laptop, and since the support ended for it today, I upgraded it to Windows 10. The installation went smoothly with no problems, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DearQueenie, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 causes programs not to work properly

I have a Windows 7 laptop, and since the support ended for it today, I upgraded it to Windows 10. The installation went smoothly with no problems, but since Windows 10 has been installed, the computer just doesn't work the same. Things are slow to react after clicking and slow to open, and games don't run properly. I made sure that my laptop specs were up to scratch in order to support Windows 10, and it has plenty of room left on it after installation, so it's not maxed out on space. Everything worked fine when it was Windows 7, but now that I've upgraded, nothing responds the same. I could just buy a new laptop, but that's expensive and kind of inconvenient when I already have one that's perfectly fine (or was until upgrading), and it'll just be Windows 10 anyway. Anyone shed any light on anything I could do, or is it just a case of buying a new one? I've had someone tell me it's my laptop processor, but I've never had a problem with it before, and like I said, I checked the Windows 10 requirements, and my laptop fit all of them.

submitted by /u/DearQueenie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DearQueenie, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 14, 2020
  3. windows 10 worth the upgrade?

Did u try right clicking and select add to start menu?

When did AMD release DX12 drivers?

Pill Monster, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 causes programs not to work properly

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading to Windows 10 causes programs not to work properly

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 causes programs not to work properly - Similar Threads - Upgrading causes programs

2. Borderless windowed programs not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Borderless windowed programs not working properly: I freshly installed Windows 10 on my device, ran all the driver updates for everything. When playing anything in borderless windowed, the program flickers the desk top and Task bar few seconds or when I click in the program. Its not a screen or hardware problem as I've tested...
  3. Borderless windowed programs not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Borderless windowed programs not working properly: I freshly installed Windows 10 on my device, ran all the driver updates for everything. When playing anything in borderless windowed, the program flickers the desk top and Task bar few seconds or when I click in the program. Its not a screen or hardware problem as I've tested...
  4. mail program NEVER works properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail program NEVER works properly: I swear, this is my last microsoft device I will every buy. I have a surfacebook laptop and it sucks. The features I do like about it are not strong enough to balance out what doesn't work well.I have multiple email accounts and had them all set up on this laptop. Sometimes...
  5. mail program NEVER works properly

mail program NEVER works properly: I swear, this is my last microsoft device I will every buy. I have a surfacebook laptop and it sucks. The features I do like about it are not strong enough to balance out what doesn't work well.I have multiple email accounts and had them all set up on this laptop. Sometimes...
  6. windows insider program not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows insider program not working properly: my windows 11 is showing this when i have no updates to be done . please guide how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-program-not-working-properly/d48fa340-a3a4-4e75-b306-4f882f287358
  7. windows insider program not working properly

windows insider program not working properly: my windows 11 is showing this when i have no updates to be done . please guide how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-program-not-working-properly/d48fa340-a3a4-4e75-b306-4f882f287358
  8. Windows update caused pinnacle dazzle to not work properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update caused pinnacle dazzle to not work properly: I have been using the pinnacle dazzle connection to download from the TV DVR. It was working perfectly. After an automatic update for windows 10, the dazzle connection stopped working. The video and audio capture continually skips and several frames are dropped every second...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 Caused MS Office to not function properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 Caused MS Office to not function properly: After installing the 903 updates to my Windows 10 Pro operating system Microsoft Windows Office 365 is no longer opening the Calendar or Contacts. The message that I get is the following. "The set of folders cannot be opened. The information could not be opened." The only...
  10. HDMI Not Working properly after Win 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Not Working properly after Win 10 Upgrade: Dear Friends' I have upgraded to Win 10 last week and today for the first time I tried connecting my TV thro HDMI, It just shows my laptops Wall Paper, no icons on the desktop is seen on TV. When I Play video, the sound comes on TV , but no VDO but just my wallpaper image is...