Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows 10 Education

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows 10 Education in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am currently a student using Windows 10 Home. One of my assignments require me to check my Local Security Policy on my PC, which isn't available on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JohnRoberts60, May 5, 2021.

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 Education

I am currently a student using Windows 10 Home. One of my assignments require me to check my Local Security Policy on my PC, which isn't available on Windows 10 Home. The school gave me a product key for Windows 10 Education to upgrade from Home. When I enter the product key and my PC reaches 100% for activation, I receive a message saying something has interrupted installation and cannot continue. Trying to figure out what could be some next steps to solve this problem.

:)

JohnRoberts60, May 5, 2021
  2. Andre Da Costa, May 5, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 5, 2021
  4. Upgrading to Windows 10 Education

Upgrade windows home to windows education

Have you tried upgrading by using only the product key?

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Change the product key

Enter your Windows 10 Education key

Click Next

Should be upgraded within 5 to 10 minutes, personal files, apps and settings preserved.

Learn more:

If the problem persist, I suggest you repair your Windows 10 Home installation first:

Andre Da Costa, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Upgrading to Windows 10 Education

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 Education - Similar Threads - Upgrading Education

2. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage: Our district purchases Windows laptops that come with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. We are needing to move them to Windows 10 Education version. Due to these devices already being in the hands of staff we would prefer not to have to reimage them to get them onto Windows 10...
  3. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage: Our district purchases Windows laptops that come with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. We are needing to move them to Windows 10 Education version. Due to these devices already being in the hands of staff we would prefer not to have to reimage them to get them onto Windows 10...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro: I have installed Windows10, but. during the process I downloaded an education version by a mistake. Now I cannot activate Windows since I am not part of an education institution. Is it possible for me to buy a Windows Pro and upgrade my Windows installation,?...
  6. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro: I have installed Windows10, but. during the process I downloaded an education version by a mistake. Now I cannot activate Windows since I am not part of an education institution. Is it possible for me to buy a Windows Pro and upgrade my Windows installation,?...
  7. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

8. Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?

Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?: Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro without losing my programs and Data?I dont want to have to lose all my data and programs to switch to Windows 10 Home or Pro so will it all keep if i upgrade instead of downgrade?...
  9. Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?: Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro without losing my programs and Data?I dont want to have to lose all my data and programs to switch to Windows 10 Home or Pro so will it all keep if i upgrade instead of downgrade?...
  10. Can i upgrade Windows 10 education to windows 11 Home or Pro?