Windows 10: upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7, can i still re-use my coa of windows 7 on a...

Discus and support upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7, can i still re-use my coa of windows 7 on a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i was wondering, if i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, is it possible to keep my cd key from windows 7 and use it on another system, or does the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/userac023, Sep 15, 2020.

1. upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7, can i still re-use my coa of windows 7 on a...

i was wondering, if i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, is it possible to keep my cd key from windows 7 and use it on another system, or does the upgrade acquire windows 7's cd key if it was genuine activated system from before? the reason i intend on doing this is because i mostly wanted to do this as a one time instance thing so i can test / experiment with the full features of windows 10 and / or possibly sell the pc with windows 10, but at the same time, keep the windows 7 key so i can use it for either a custom system or another pc. i remember doing something possibly identical where i basically upgraded to a licensed version of windows 10 for free, but i was able to still keep the old windows 7 key for myself and i believe it worked fine elsewhere.

submitted by /u/userac023
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/userac023, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Uplink10 Win User

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Sep 15, 2020
  4. upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7, can i still re-use my coa of windows 7 on a...

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7, can i still re-use my coa of windows 7 on a...

1. upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7, can i still re-use my coa of windows 7 on a... - Similar Threads - upgrading still coa

2. Can I still get windows 10 to upgrade from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I still get windows 10 to upgrade from windows 7?: I'm trying to update my windows 7 desktop to windows 10 not 11 because it doesn't meet the specifications. But I can't find anywhere on the Microsoft website to buy it, there is no link and they are suggesting buyng a windows 11 computer instead which is not helpful....
  3. can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?: I am still on Windows 7, and want to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Is this offer still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-still-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/9a6c1fda-253f-4bc2-8817-7523f7c075ac
  4. can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I still upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free?: I am still on Windows 7, and want to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Is this offer still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-still-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/9a6c1fda-253f-4bc2-8817-7523f7c075ac
  5. Can i still upgrade to windows 10 from 7 again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i still upgrade to windows 10 from 7 again?: I did the upgrade a few years ago, but the extra RAM usage kind of put me off, so i downgraded back to 7. Its almost impossible to use it because most hardware doesn't support 7 anymore. Makes sense i suppose. I recently had my HD fail on my W7 laptop, this kind of scarred me...
  6. Can i still upgrade to windows 10 from 7 again?

Can i still upgrade to windows 10 from 7 again?: I did the upgrade a few years ago, but the extra RAM usage kind of put me off, so i downgraded back to 7. Its almost impossible to use it because most hardware doesn't support 7 anymore. Makes sense i suppose. I recently had my HD fail on my W7 laptop, this kind of scarred me...
  7. can i still upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i still upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7?: dear microsoft employees i am here to ask if i can still upgrade my windows 7 home prem to a windows 10 becuase i got this for christmas from my grandparents and i did not know it was out of date and i need a quick solution to upgrade this to windows 10 for free with no money...
  8. can i still upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7?

can i still upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7?: dear microsoft employees i am here to ask if i can still upgrade my windows 7 home prem to a windows 10 becuase i got this for christmas from my grandparents and i did not know it was out of date and i need a quick solution to upgrade this to windows 10 for free with no money...
  9. Can I still use Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I still use Windows 7?: I know that Win7 has expired since 14.1.2020 with support, but I still want to know if you can still use it Writes good answers :-) LG I'm clearly out of updates. Kann man noch Windows 7 Benutzen?
  10. windows 7 COA to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 7 COA to windows 10: I am a computer tech for a national retail computer sales and service company, being part of their service and repair team I have been required to obtain training from a variety of sites, of course the Microsoft Expert Zone is one of them, as such over the years as part of...