Windows 10: Upgrading to windows 10/ installing

Discus and support Upgrading to windows 10/ installing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok to give my situation my pc currently has 1tb hdd that has windows 7 on it along with games etc.. and another 1tb hdd with just games. i recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RyleeC, Dec 29, 2018.

1. RyleeC Win User

Upgrading to windows 10/ installing

Ok to give my situation my pc currently has 1tb hdd that has windows 7 on it along with games etc.. and another 1tb hdd with just games. i recently got a ssd and plan on upgrading to windows 10 now with it. if i were to just launch the iso or upgarde file that microsoft supports would it give me the option to download it it the sdd and delete the partion of the windows 7 files or do i have to take all my hard drives out and just have the ssd in , install windows then choose it as my boot drive in bios then delete the windows 7 partion once im on windows 10?

:)

RyleeC, Dec 29, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrading to windows 10/ installing - Similar Threads - Upgrading installing

2. Upgrading (or even a clean install) to Windows 10 2004 fails with two errors: (BSOD)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading (or even a clean install) to Windows 10 2004 fails with two errors: (BSOD): Summary of Issue Upgrading (or even a clean install) to Windows 10 2004 fails with two errors: (BSOD) DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG ERROR (installation continues after it dumps and reboots, but once in the OS the below mentioned problem exists) If I delete the AMD driver 20.5.1 and...
  3. Windows Backup issue since upgrade from 1909 to 2004 OS Build 19041.264 win 10 x64 installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup issue since upgrade from 1909 to 2004 OS Build 19041.264 win 10 x64 installed: I use the old windows backup from within the control panel to create periodic system image files. I store these on an Samsung SSD 4tb drive. Now that I have upgraded to 2004, I go and click on Create System Image and it tells me there are no backup devices on this computer....
  4. Does installing the Media Creation Tool and choosing from it to Upgrade Now will delete all...

Does installing the Media Creation Tool and choosing from it to Upgrade Now will delete all...: I don't want to lose my personal files and apps installed .Whatever it deletes? Sometimes my PC does not sleep or hibernate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-installing-the-media-creation-tool-and/4cbded97-96f6-43e1-b990-9f777bb1199b
  5. I've win 10 pre-installed on a lenovo ideapad 330s on an HDD drive that I wish to upgrade...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I've win 10 pre-installed on a lenovo ideapad 330s on an HDD drive that I wish to upgrade...: I've win 10 pre-installed on a lenovo ideapad 330s on an HDD drive that I wish to upgrade to 256gb PCIE SSD. How to retain my original windows license on the new SSD? Kindly provide with a solution ASAP!...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 error message 0x8007001F-0x2006 installation...

Upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 error message 0x8007001F-0x2006 installation...: The diagnostics says to go to https://microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=528892 The laptop is Acer Aspire 7741 running on Windows 7 Home Premium https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-home-to-windows-10-error/894dbd9a-6abb-45a5-821d-36b450e80aba
  7. Minimal installation of Windows 10 Pro on a non-upgradeable 32GB disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Minimal installation of Windows 10 Pro on a non-upgradeable 32GB disk: Hello, I bought a used HP Stream N3060 1.60Ghz 4GB RAM with 32GB eMMC storage. The storage is non-upgradeable because it is soldered on the board. I have made a clean installation of Windows 10 x64 1909 (after deleting recovery partitions etc.). After the latest update, there...
  8. windows 10 pro upgrade could not install

windows 10 pro upgrade could not install: i bought windows 10 pro upgrade from Microsoft store 3/16/2020 but it could not get it to install and I don't see anyway to try the install again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-upgrade-could-not-install/209a2746-cfbb-4a81-9ca9-0cfdb1b2045f
  9. Windows 10 in place upgrade reads BIOS key not installed key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 in place upgrade reads BIOS key not installed key.: Dell XPS 8900. Originally came with Windows 7 Home OEM (key in BIOS). Windows 7 installed from scratch using Windows 7 Pro legit key. Working fine for a couple of years. Attempted in place Windows 10 1909 upgrade using Media Creation Tool "upgrade this PC to Windows 10" and...
  10. Upgrade to windows 10 1909 from windows 7. Clean install. Now little to no network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgrade to windows 10 1909 from windows 7. Clean install. Now little to no network: why can in not talk to customer support direct? I now have 2 desk tower pc which I cant use due to this network issue send me a fix. And before you start, yes complete clean install 6 hours later no more updates to install, re-started safe mode with networking and I can...