Windows 10: Upgrading to windows 10, it fails and the error message is "failure at migrating data"

Discus and support Upgrading to windows 10, it fails and the error message is "failure at migrating data" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 7 64 bit pro. I have posted this with the EXACT error message but there are trolls who don't help just have nothing to do but harass.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gmt3010, Jan 22, 2020.

1. gmt3010 Win User

Upgrading to windows 10, it fails and the error message is "failure at migrating data"

I have windows 7 64 bit pro. I have posted this with the EXACT error message but there are trolls who don't help just have nothing to do but harass. All I want to know is if someone else had that, if so, how did you overcome that?

I am going to try again tonight. This time, I am turning off my webroot anti-virus and firewall, and all those items running in the services section ms config. If there is any one who can give me any suggestions, I would be grateful. I have printed this list that someone put up on this site, a volunteer who first of course recommends a clean install, but I am not going to lose my stuff.

So he recommends doing a few things to enhance the chances of success and one of the is putting the upgrade to a DVD. What do folks think of that?

I have checked the specifications for windows 10 and my notebook should be fine. I have plenty of space in my hard drive, and my processor while not the fastest, is fast enough to accommodate. If anyone has come across that data error message that would be helpful to know what you did.

Thanks,

Gina

:)

gmt3010, Jan 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 update error

I recently tried to update my Win 10 1511 (10586.713 ) to 1601 and after several restarts it arrived at the screen that covers the log in screen and then it restarts with the message " restoring previous version ".After it started , the updater displayed a message " failed to migrate user data after second boot". Any ideas?

MyTechAddiction, Jan 22, 2020
  3. tdehan Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade from Win7 failed. "could not migrate data"

Attempting to upgrade to Windows10 today failed with the error "could not migrate data". Any ideas?

tdehan, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Upgrading to windows 10, it fails and the error message is "failure at migrating data"

upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10 failure

getting the error "failed in SECOND BOOT, MIGRATING DATA step" when trying to upgrade from WIN 7 to WIN 10. any idesa on how to fix.

RichardRodgers5, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading to windows 10, it fails and the error message is "failure at migrating data"

1. Upgrading to windows 10, it fails and the error message is "failure at migrating data" - Similar Threads - Upgrading fails error

2. "device settings not migrated" error message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "device settings not migrated" error message: I needed to use a serial port, but got the error message: "PL2303 serial driver retired in 2012". I installed the prolific driver, v. 3.3.2.102, but then got message that "device settings not migrated", and port doesn't work. I'd appreciate any suggestions for a solution, and...
  3. Failed in FIRST_BOOT Phase - error during migrate data operation - When upgrading to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed in FIRST_BOOT Phase - error during migrate data operation - When upgrading to...: As the title suggests. I'm attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 from Media Creation tool. The actual Error code is: 0x800707E7- 0x3000D "The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation" It happens when: I attempt to...
  4. Error during migrate data operation - Upgrading Win 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Error during migrate data operation - Upgrading Win 7 to 10: Failed in FIRST_BOOT Phase - error during migrate data operation when upgrading to Windows 10 from 7 My win version is Windows 7 Build 7601 Service Pack 1 As the title suggests. I'm attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 with Media Creation tool. The actual Error code...
  5. Failed in FIRST_BOOT Phase - error during migrate data operation - When upgrading to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failed in FIRST_BOOT Phase - error during migrate data operation - When upgrading to...: As the title suggests. I'm attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 from Media Creation tool. The actual Error code is: 800707E7-3000D It happens when: I attempt to upgrade with all apps and files saved When upgrading, during one of the restarts it sends me back to...
  6. data error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    data error message: what is meant by cyclic redundancy check https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-error-message/724340cd-0fc7-4588-9e7d-64604fff1741
  7. Windows 10 upgrade failed w/o error message

Windows 10 upgrade failed w/o error message: I ran the Windows 10 upgrade and all appeared to be normal. On the final restart the laptop would not complete a normal boot. Got a black screen with a flashing cursor in upper left corner. I had done a recovery manager backup prior to install win 7 home premium so I...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade error 0xc1900101-0x4000D second boot phase migrate-data

Windows 10 upgrade error 0xc1900101-0x4000D second boot phase migrate-data: I've looked around at other threads covering this error but none of them seem to have the same actual problem mine does. Here are the last 30 seconds of the setuperr.log, if anyone has any suggestion on how to get it to succeed it would be greatly appreciated! 2019-11-03...
  9. Error 80040507 failed to complete migration windows 10

Error 80040507 failed to complete migration windows 10: I'm receiving the above error when I try to do a backup to my external hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-80040507-failed-to-complete-migration/61b9264d-ff27-4c98-9b6a-5b879868d105
  10. Error/ Failure Message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error/ Failure Message: I am using Windows 10, and I keep getting this failure message every time, and I do not know what application causes it: format '%s' invalid or incompatible with argument Please help me on how I can solve this problem....