Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I currently have a license and USB Flash drive containing Windows 10 Home Edition. I'm considering doing the upgrade to Professional Edition for $99.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jason Ziolkowki, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition

I currently have a license and USB Flash drive containing Windows 10 Home Edition. I'm considering doing the upgrade to Professional Edition for $99. If I perform that upgrade will I then have a new Professional product key that will allow me to perform a clean reinstall straight to Professional Edition or will I always need to install Home Edition first and then perform some sort of second step upgrade procedure to Professional Edition? As I understand it, the USB Flash contains all Editions, but its a matter of which Product key is provided during install, or at least that was how it was explained to me.

I like to occasionally reinstall my Operating system to clear out junk and possible spyware. It appears just buying the upgrade is cheaper than going out and buying the Full version of Professional since I already paid for Home Edition.

Thanks!

-Jason

:)

Jason Ziolkowki, Oct 23, 2020
  2. rk3066 Win User

Windows 10 Lean Edition

Windows Lean Edition

Microsoft’s next version of Window 10, currently codenamed Redstone 5, will include a new “Lean edition” designed for devices with less storage space. Sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans tell The Verge that the new edition will be offered to OEMs to load onto low-cost laptops and tablets. Windows Central first reported that the edition will be available for devices with 16GB of storage, and it’s primarily designed to ensure these machines still receive Windows updates...

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition capture-png.png

Just for Laughs... "Windows Lean-Pocket Edition" - LoL like Hot-Pockets *Laugh :laugh:​

rk3066, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 23, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition - Similar Threads - Upgrading Pro Edition

2. Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition: My laptop has windows 10 home edition. But I required Windows 10 pro edition. So.., is there any options to update my edition. Please help me out with this....
  3. Upgrading Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro: I have purchased yesterday a new laptop with windows 10 home edition and paid for an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store. However, when i try to activate it wont, asking for a digital license or key. The only thing i manage to retrieve from the order history was...
  4. Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro

Upgrade windows 10 home edition to windows pro: Hi, My employer have assigned me a product key of windows 10 Pro edition to upgrade my laptop from windows 10 home edition to windows 10 pro. However I am getting below error while trying to do so. Error Message: The Product key you entered didn't work. Check the product...
  5. Test Windows 10 Pro before upgrading from Home Edition

Test Windows 10 Pro before upgrading from Home Edition: Hi, I have bought a new laptop and would like to try out how performant a virtualization works. Delivered with Windows 10 Home so no HyperV Since I'm not 100% sure yet if I want to keep the laptop, I would like to test Windows 10 Pro before I buy the license from the...
  6. Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro

Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro: Hello, I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro Edition. Once the upgrade process starts, it stalls after 10-14% and then I get message that says: "Windows Upgrade Failed Error Code: 0x800f0904 how can I get the upgrade process to complete and...
  7. Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrading Windows 10 Pro Edition To Home Edition...: I recently just finished building my dream pc & managed to get Windows 10 on it without any actual "issues". The only thing I didn't realize until later on was that I originally intended to get Windows 10Home edition & instead I have the Windows 10 Pro edition which I don't...
  8. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition: Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition. I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt...
  9. windows 10 home edition upgrade

windows 10 home edition upgrade: hi I want to upgrade the version of windows that installed on my dell xps 9570 from 1803 to 1809 . how can I do it? let me tell you that I activated my windows first by digital license....
  10. windows 10 home edition upgrade to windows 10 pro

windows 10 home edition upgrade to windows 10 pro: is this free from Microsoft to upgrade to windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-edition-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro/c9893eb5-b3aa-4a0b-af96-0ee27f5f795f