Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Single Language

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Single Language in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys, My first post here. I previously had a windows 8.1 Single Language (OEM version) that came bundled with my laptop. I upgraded to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tirtha2shredder, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Single Language

Hi guys,

My first post here. I previously had a windows 8.1 Single Language (OEM version) that came bundled with my laptop. I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday (Single Language version was installed based on my 8.1 edition) overnight and my experience with it so far has been bittersweet. There are plenty of noticeable bugs and have been pretty unimpressed with Edge.

Anyway, that's not why I came here. I recently activated my MSDN subscription and it includes Windows 10 Pro keys. I was wondering whether it'd be possible for me to upgrade my Win 10 installation to Professional since I am a budding developer and tech student, and I could do with a lot of features that pro has (hypervisor, adhoc networks, windows phone emulation and so on). At the moment, a fresh installation of Win 10 is out of the question since I have a lot of applications and data saved that I would not like to lose.

So guys, will it be possible for me to upgrade to Pro, and if yes, how do I go about it?

:)

tirtha2shredder, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Impavid Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and Installing Ubuntu 14 along side

Hi Vanessa Sohtun,

Thank you for the reply. I wanted to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Single Language to Windows 10 Pro. Can you please confirm that Windows 8.1 to Single Language can be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro for free because I read that Windows 10 Pro is also free?

Thanks

Impavid, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 Pro Single language and Win 8 Pro Single language.

I have windows 8.1 pro single language. Will I get windows 10 pro? While upgrading using ISO, the product was asked. But the product key of my current OS, which is legitimate, is not being
    accepted. I would also like to know about the upgrade from Windows 8 Pro Single Language and
    Win 8.1 Single language and to Win 10 pro. Please help.

VishnuNandakumar, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Superfly Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Single Language

Go to settings -> Activaton-> Change product key - insert your Win10 Pro key and you should be upgraded to Pro. I haven't done it with SL but that's the new 'anytime upgrade' process if SL supports that upgrade path.

Superfly, Jul 30, 2015
  5. weertt Win User
    do not. support.
    Or jack sparrow
    Or buy key SL Prof.

weertt, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Superfly Win User
    Well, then downloading the Pro ISO and entering the Win10 Pro key during upgrade should work.

Superfly, Jul 30, 2015
  7. weertt Win User
    This (-T83GX) or this (-3V66T)? ))

weertt, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Superfly Win User

No, he's got a new Win 10 Pro key from MSDN - not the generic one.

Superfly, Jul 30, 2015
  9. weertt Win User
    Key 200-300$

weertt, Jul 30, 2015
  10. This worked for me, thanks

tirtha2shredder, Aug 2, 2015
  11. Hello, can someone tell me how to upgrade from single language to multi language windows 10 ? I got windows 10 installed on HP computer in a different country and it's only single language. Can we find a key on internet ? Thanks for your help.

buythiscomputer, Sep 19, 2016
  12. Yes, buy a new authentic key, then enter it as mentioned above. There is no magic free key that will do it, and be legally activated afterwards. You should be able to change the language (if that's all you want to do) without upgrading though?

alphanumeric, Sep 19, 2016
  13. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Single Language

no, windows home is single language and seems impossible to change language, any help ? thanks again.

buythiscomputer, Sep 19, 2016
  14. Bree New Member
    Well, you can always add a Language pack for your preferred language. Problem is, when you get a major update (as I did from 12040 to 1511) you only get updated for the base-language - you have to add the language packs all over again.

My PC (despite being made for the UK market) had an OEM Windows 7 EN-US installed. The first upgrade to 12040 could only be done in the language of the original OS, so my Window 10 Home (12040) was also EN-US. When the time came for 1511 I decided to change all this. First I upgraded to 1511 EN-US (you can only do an upgrade to the same language if you wish to keep your installed programmes). Then I did an in-place install of 1511 EN-GB. At both installs I was offered the option to keep existing files and programmes. As you can see, it worked:

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Single Language [​IMG]

(and stayed as en-gb when upgraded to 1607)

Thema:

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Single Language - Similar Threads - Upgrading Pro Single

2. Windows 10 Home Single Language upgrade to Windows 10 Pro DVD OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home Single Language upgrade to Windows 10 Pro DVD OS: We have several units of laptops with Windows 10 Home Single Language.Recently, we purchased Windows 10 Pro DVD OS for an upgrade. We followed several procedures on the web and input the Product Key on the DVD but all of the keys were invalid.These are genuine Win 10 Pro and...
  3. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home single language to Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home single language to Windows 10 pro: Hi I had a Dell Inspiron, which comes with Windows 10 Home single language OEM, now I am looking to upgrade it to window 10 Pro. I had few questions here: If I upgraded through Microsoft store, the license will be of OEM it-self else it will be the retail type. So that...
  4. Upgrade windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro: I am having windows 10 home edition, i want to upgrade to Windows 10 pro, how to upgarde? Please inform. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-10-home-single-language-to-windows/3d41397d-6190-49ca-bb25-553d86e057d8
  5. Unable to upgrade windows 10 home single language to PRO

Unable to upgrade windows 10 home single language to PRO: I bought an upgrade to pro from windows store, a long time ago, windows 10 comes pre installed on my laptop, an Acer F15, Im from Argentina, my language is Spanish Latin American At that time I have no problem But now, on clean windows 10 install things changed If I use a...
  6. Upgrade from windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro, stuck on getting things...

Upgrade from windows 10 home single language to windows 10 pro, stuck on getting things...: Hello, The problem started when i tried to add a second language to outlook for proofing, only to find out my windows 10 home was single language bought it from abroad i figured i need to upgrade to windows 10 pro, no biggy. Went to Settings, downloaded and installed...
  7. Windows 10 Home Single Language Upgrade to Pro

Windows 10 Home Single Language Upgrade to Pro: Hello everyone. I have this version of Windows 10 Home Single Language linked to my microsoft account as it came with the laptop i bought a couple of years ago. I recently wanted to upgrade to Pro and got myself a key online and, as have seen many people say, the...
  8. Upgrade of windows 10 single language

Upgrade of windows 10 single language: Hello! I have a question. At this moment my laptop has Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition installed. That's the problem for me, because i can't change system language to English. It's important for me, because when the file system appears in my native language some...
  9. How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Single Language Edition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Single Language Edition?: I bought the full version of Windows 10 and ran the upgrade executable. Now it's asking me to confirm that I'd like to install Single Language edition, which I'm already running. For background, my PC is an HP Pavilion purchased in Russia. The Windows 10 key I've now bought...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Single Language

Windows 10 Pro Single Language: Hello, everyone! How are you doing? I need an information: is there a Single Language version of Windows 10 Pro? Or do all Windows 10 Pro versions (including OEM ones) have the ability to install more than one language? Thank you in advance....