Windows 10: Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key

Discus and support Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Hoping someone can give me a proper and definitive answer on this as there are multiple conflicting answers. 1. Can you upgrade from windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Iceman12596, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key

Hi,

Hoping someone can give me a proper and definitive answer on this as there are multiple conflicting answers.

1. Can you upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 Professional using a Windows 7 professional Key ?

2. Can you install windows 10 Pro and activate it using a windows 7 Pro Key ?

3. Can you upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 Pro using a windows 8.1 professional key

4. Can you upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Pro key

5. If you are able to upgrade will that key now register as a windows 10 pro key and not a windows 7 pro key any more ?

6. After upgrading will you still be able to roll back to previous OS ? (incase you need to format and reload or for whatever reason)

I have also found two articles (Listed Below) stating that it is possible but would rather get a proper answer from the OEM

https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-pro-product-key-to-window-10-pro/e451a8f3-48f2-48a3-beff-c4c1e657a492

Thanks

:)

Iceman12596, Apr 23, 2019

2. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional by using Windows 7 Professional

Hi All,

I have bought a new notebook with Windows 10 Home, but I have Windows 7 Professional, as there is free upgrade of Windows 7 to Windows 10, can I use my Windows 7 Professional key to upgrade my new notebook to Windows 10 Professional, and how to do it. Thanks.

Wayne

WAYNELAW2008, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Windows 7 Home Premium -> Professional Upgrade

I think it will work.

System Builder always includes a 32-bit or 64-bit disk.

All Windows 7 keys work for both 32-bit and 64-bit. You can switch so long as you have the media (ISO/DVD) but switching between 32-bit and 64-bit requires a clean install.

What you linked has no media, only the key. Just follow the instructions @newtekie1 gave in post #7 and it should be good to go so long as the key is legitimate.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key

1. Upgrading to Windows 10 Professional using a windows 7 Professional Key - Similar Threads - Upgrading Professional using

2. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  3. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  4. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 7 Professional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Professional: Computer asking for product code. Since this is an old version of windows bought 7 years ago, I no longer have the discs or the product code for windows. How and where do I find? Thanks....
  6. windows 7 professional to windows 10 key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 7 professional to windows 10 key: hello i have a genuine cd key for windows 7 and i currently bought a pc. Is there a way to upgrade to windows 10 using the genuine key of my old windows 7?...
  7. window 7 professional upgrading

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    window 7 professional upgrading: I have original Dell 2011 computer. Being retired use computer to play games , look E-Mail and to pay bills. Can any thing be done to keep this running to serve my purpose,...
  8. UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10

UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL TO 10: Presently running Windows 7 Professional with Windows XP Virtual installed. Can I upgrade to 10 without losing XP Virtual https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-windows-7-professional-to-10/f8f2ce03-e856-46bd-bd55-b01a51ea446e
  9. Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Windows 10 Professional Product key to Windows 8.1 Professional: HI, Due to some inconvenience while using Windows 10 Professional, I want to use Windows 8.1 Professional. 1. Can I use the Windows 10 Professional product key to activate & use Windows 8.1 Professional? 2. As I have already purchased Windows 10 Professional License,...
  10. Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional

Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional: Soon, I will have to make a decision to upgrade my Windows 7 professional operating system to Windows 10 operating system. I have been using Windows 7 professional on my current PC for several years and purchased many third party software programs that were designed for...